Total Solution Have hit ketosis but hungry!

Natty74

Hi all, just completed day four and my ketostix tell me I'm in ketosis now but wow, I'm feeling so hungry! Its not mental, it's a physical gnawing in my stomach like it's trying to eat itself. Please give me the strength to not dive mouth first into the fridge!

Don't do it, I remember years ago doing the cambridge I used to get that feeling and that was always my super-dooper weight loss week. So I always thought of it as my body trying to kill the fat after that. Hang on, have a bath or something - you can't eat in the bath lol

Or drink a pint of ice-cold water, that might help, you're doing so well!!!!

Just come to bed with a large glass of Dr pepper zero, hoping the bubbles trick my stomach into thinking there's something in there. I'm loving the packs and feel satisfied when I've had one, it's always a couple of hours later this feeling of hunger hits! I can go all day with nothing but as soon as I put a pack in, whether it's shake, bar or burger , I'm hungry 2 hours later. Determined not to lapse, the fridge is not my friend.

Hopefully the hunger will go soon, it's really the best thing about this diet - you miss food (the taste of food) but you don't feel hungry generally, are you on 3 packs a day? maybe you could go up to four or add some chicken/ham/cheese to your diet to help? I think a lot of people do that. I seem to be okay on the packs so far - after the first few days anyway, I remember day 4 (last saturday for me) it was pretty rough - my other half thought it was a good idea to drag me around one of those little food markets where they sell speciality burgers and pies - i felt like ripping his head off. I was feeling pretty ok by day 6 so hopefully it will get easier.

Last edited:
and congrats on the weight loss so far - that is really fantastic!

Thank you. Yes 3 packs. Trying to stick to it and not hit the slippery slope to food so soon....one tomato Monday to a full on fry up by Friday!

Yeah I'm the same , I was going to add a meal tonight (chicken and kale) but ended up not doing it just in case - I might add a meal in the future though , it would be better than a carb-fest anyway lol

8lb in four days is bloody fantastic!!! Well done for sticking to it. How's it going now? getting any easier?

Sometimes I sail through an hour or two, but I'm often still feeling very hungry. I'm an experienced vlcd pack user and I know that usually I struggle to even eat the packs, but with these exante ones I'm counting the hours til my next one. Still sticking to it and downing a LOT of Dr pepper zero to get me through. I was DEFINITELY going to have chicken and lettuce earlier, but talked myself out of it on my way home and ended up having my exante burger and exante apple pie and custard packs. Looking forward to a nice coffee later, but at the moment feeling satisfied, which I'm hoping takes me to bedtime. Tomorrow should be easier, my work routine is set and I don't have time to think about my stomach! Determined to get to 19st 12 by Tuesday evening as then it will be 2 stone lost in 6 weeks and it's my slimming world weigh in...... Slimmer of the week will be mine!

Last edited:
These photos are my inspiration. The first was taken on 1st May the first time I did a VLCD. the second was 1st June, 3rd was 1st July, 4th was 1st August and 5th was 1st September. I lost 6 stone. I was 22 stone in the first photo, 16 stone in the last and I went on to lose another 3 stone but the photos got corrupted unfortunately.

1stMay20081.jpg
1stJune2008.jpg
1stJuly2008.jpg
August08.jpg
Septemberfront08.jpg
May2008side.jpg
september08side.jpg

Wow, wow wow - amazing pictures. You look smaller than the weights you mention - you carry the weight really well - just checked your height 5'10 - so jealous. You have a lovely figure - not just saying that cause it's expected. you will look AMAZING when you get to goal!

Slimmer of the week will definitely be yours!! I've been there and sooo loved getting the sticker that was a major highlight of the diet. I did slimming world - mostly enjoyed the diet , unfortunately my work hours changed and I couldn't go anymore and then I tried another class and really didn't like the counsellor - all she talked about was how to fit alcohol in your diet lol I know I'm from Scotland but we're not all heavy drinkers. Still in total awe of your pictures - no wonder they inspire you :)

That's always been a problem for me, I carry my weight over every inch of my body it's not all on my hips and it's not all on my tummy it's from head to toe. If you look at my pictures closely you can see I even had fat toes in my first picture but they're significantly smaller in the last one. Because of this, my weight is deceptive and I can creep up so quickly but still have an hourglass figure and then I step on the scales and I'm horrified. I'm 5ft 10 at the moment but once I've lost another 5 stone I will be about 5 foot 11 once all of the cartilage between each of my vertebrae and my knees and my ankles and my hips and my neck are no longer being compressed, it happened last time....... My feet shrunk and I got taller but it is actually quite painful, my joints and back ache, a bit like when you've had your hand clenched for a while and it feels stiff and a bit sore when you straighten your fingers out again. But I guess this is a good problem to have!

The photos are amazing and what better inspiration for you. I put weight on all over, so I can put on quite a bit without knowing and takes ages to drop a dress size or notice any difference when I do manage to lose. Never gained any height though and at just over 5ft I could use some, but without the pain.

Oh that's a shame about the pain in your joints and your back. Does it last long? You and your sister are over a foot apart! I would love to be tall - i'm 5'3 - I think thats supposed to be around the national average but it feels short but maybe thats because I'm round as well as short lol. My figures a bit top heavy.

How are you doing - still on track for slimmer of the week? It is so warm at the moment it makes it a bit easier not to eat - I struggled to eat the three meals today let alone anything else!

Last edited:
I've got two and a half pounds to go to reach the target I wanted by tomorrow evening so I don't think I will quite make it as I'm losing on average 1lb a day. But that's ok, it's better to have a target to aim for I guess, and there's no shame in having lost 10 pounds this week so far!
My body shape is quite weird and my clothing sizes matches my weight, so when I was 24 stone I was a size 24 when I'm 20 stone I'm a size 20 when I'm 14 stone I'm a size 14 which makes it easy! How are you getting on?

I'm doing okay - looking forward to my weigh in day, but i'm a bit worried because I don't feel like i've lost any weight. Just have to wait and see I suppose - nothing else for it.

10 pounds is incredible - I lost 6.5lb in my first week and i was chuffed with that. That's pretty handy with your weight - I have a lot of size 16 clothes and I was trying to work out what weight I would have to get to to fit into them. I think somewhere between 12 (comfortably) and 13.5 stone (squeezing into them), but I'm really not sure lol. That's really my first goal to fit in them, I reckon it'll take me 3/4 months so I'm aiming for the end of September. That would be really something.

Going to start an exercise routine soon so trying to work out what that'll be - I have a fit bit for walking but need some other things to add into the routine, Do you do any exercise?

Last edited:
Back