Have I screwed it up for a tin of tuna?

misswannabeslim

My god, I'm so so angry with myself!!! :mad:

Today is day three for me... And since yesterday morning, all I've been able to think about is tuna :confused: how mad is that?!

Well this morning I gave in - and I didn't even enjoy it... Have I messed up ketosis?

Really upset with myself :sigh:

i dont think you've messed up bad. You should be okay I think. Its really really hard and you will get cravings for silly things. Its a little blip, we all have them. the only thing you can do is carry on!
Personally I dont think it will mess up ketosis, I know at times I have had some silly cheats and it hasnt taken me out of ketosis... so I font think some tuna would harm you much!

Just be strong. If you feel hungry or crave stuff then have a big swig of really cold water! it really kills the hunger i find x

dont worry about it and just move past it

end of the day you didnt enjoy it and your not pleased with yourself so its a lesson for next time if you feel like doing it again just remember how it made you feel

Tuna? you could have done it for a choccy bar ;) just kidding hun :)

I went into ketosis on day 5 - so most likely you haven't broken it. Keep strong and keep going hun :)

Thanks guys...

Really not happy with myself, and I think I'll definately learn from it.

Going to treat myself with a strawberry shake now :)

More than likely you've just delayed getting into ketosis, and reminded your body of food, and your mouth of flavour and texture. These things might make it difficult to stay on the plan.

Now the little tempting food demon in your head has two plans of attack... First "You've had that tuna. You might as well quit". Ignore that argument. As I said, you've probably only delayed getting into ketosis. Second, which will come later... "You've had tin of tuna and it didn't ruin things, so have another one." That's a harder argument to silence. So remind yourself that you got lucky, this time, by falling off while still not in ketosis. That argument won't apply after Day 5 or whatever.

More than likely you've just delayed getting into ketosis, and reminded your body of food, and your mouth of flavour and texture. These things might make it difficult to stay on the plan.

Now the little tempting food demon in your head has two plans of attack... First "You've had that tuna. You might as well quit". Ignore that argument. As I said, you've probably only delayed getting into ketosis. Second, which will come later... "You've had tin of tuna and it didn't ruin things, so have another one." That's a harder argument to silence. So remind yourself that you got lucky, this time, by falling off while still not in ketosis. That argument won't apply after Day 5 or whatever.

excellent advice.

My thing is not to break it one iota - it took me 5 days to get into ketosis.....cannot wait that long again!

The tuna was awful - nothing like I thought it was going to be... So I'll remind myself of that next time (no matter what the craving is)

I really want to do this, and I've just got to remind myself of that next time... I CAN do it :)

you can and you will hun :) After your first weigh in you will get such a good buzz of motivation - and it will feel easier :D

On induction for atkins, you're allowed Tuna so I can't see that it'll delay your ketosis at all. Induction is the strictest phase of atkins and aims to get you into ketosis so if it's allowed on that, then I don't think you'll have done any harm.

Alex

On induction for atkins, you're allowed Tuna so I can't see that it'll delay your ketosis at all. Induction is the strictest phase of atkins and aims to get you into ketosis so if it's allowed on that, then I don't think you'll have done any harm.

Alex

good bit of advice - see aren't you glad you craved tuna rather than choccy :)

I was thinking if I am snowed in and can't get my fresh weekly supply @ tom's weigh in - perhaps to just drink 10 cal cuppa soups and have a portion of chicken breast .Wonder if this would affect ketosis?

Rosie - talking of hibernating I think I am going to head for under the duvet soon lol Just hope I don't dream of food and ketosis again tonight:confused:

Lain, check that the cuppa-soups have no carbohydrates. I wouldn't recommend them, unless you were completely stuck. I have found, by comparing the ingredients and breakdowns, that Slim Fast soups are the most similar (of all the slimfast products) to the Lipotrim shakes. They could possibly be used as a short term alternative.

Cheers John - will check.My LTC didn't have any soups in stock so could kill for something hot and not sweet

YOur advice is brilliant john!!

Im sorry to say i would love some tuna right now lol!!

Dont worry about it just get straight back on lipotrim.XX

You give very thoughtful advise John.

Will have to keep an eye out for you John when I need advise. You appear to be able to look at the whole picture very objectively and tease out the important bits. :)

Back