Have many WWers gone back to the discover plan?

cookie1975 said:
Well my leader said " I wasn't allowed to do the discovery plan because it wouldn't work" sometimes wonder if they don't want you to lose lots so you have to go longer and they get more money, kinda cynical but make me wonder.. The other answer they give is to question if you are being honest and writing everything down ... Like people want to lie to themselves ?!?

It wouldn't work??? Well the praised it enough before pro points...it would work, and better than pro points I bet... I go to a class and stuck with Discovery plan and its still working fine for me after losing over 4 stone....do what suits you, don't let them bully you into a plan that doesn't suit you...xx

I know I should be forceful but it's not I'm my nature really and I hate to think I've upset people by not doing as they say!

Does anyone else have issues with ww meeting scales being different to home/ gym ones I know they can be a few Lb out but there's 5 difference from home/gym to ww and not The good way :-/

I only use my scales at home now, I got on the gym ones on week and they were 5lb less and I was gutted when I stayed the same on weigh in day on my scales. Scales vary so much, if you weigh in at a meeting try and not get on any other scales as it will only set you up for disappointment and will effect your motivation. Because i weigh in at home I can get away with it as it's same scales in the same place etc but it only makes it harder for me. If I get on mid week and I've had no change I get really down but then have a good loss anyway. The suspense and the incentive of a week till weigh is great, try and enjoy pushing yourself foe that big moment on weigh in day :)

I'm fortunate enough that we only have one set of scales at our meet, but I still agree that they are considerably different to the average of a few sets of scales ive been on (weighing heavier too! takes you longer to get to goal then! sneaky ww!) If you really feel happier following Discover, do it and just simply don't tell your leader. But you just won't get the same support.

Or you could simply do what I do, forget weekly points exist. :)

Is there any rules for WW leaders to get their scales calibrated? I used to go to slimming magazine club donkeys years ago and she would take hers to trading standards every few months to check their accuracy. She used to say that it was unlikely boots did the same and your ones at home were of course.not checked.

Back