Have started :)

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me joining in. Started CS today, and after trying WW and putting on weight I am hopefull. Currently awaiting some blood test results as the doctor is baffled by my weight gain in relation to my eating habits and exercise. But hey ho, i'll give this a shot. Everyone on here seems to have done amazing so far, so well done to all.

So far I have had a strawberry shake, some carrot sticks, chocolate mint shake and a banana. Drinking the water is not a problem as I usually drink 1.5 - 2 litres a day anyway. Feeling a little hungry and headachy but otherwise positive :D x

Hi Lady Luck,

Welcome, i hope that this diet goes well for you.

Just a word of warning, i dont think Bananas are allowed unfortunately because of high sugar content, there are not on the list of 'allowed snacks' from the guide book.

Thanks MellowYellow. I noticed this last night, unfortunately it was all I had so it had to do. Popping to the shop tonight though to pick up some other stuff.

Are there any other tasty treats you can have other than fruit? I might get bored of it :/

½ medium apple
½ cup berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries etc
½ medium orange
½ medium peach
½ medium pear
½ medium grapefruit
½ small mango
½ medium nectarine

30 g (small block or slice) of tasty cheese or cottage cheese

1 – 2 slices of deli meats such as ham. Avoid fatty types such as salami

30 g (small handful) of nuts such as raw almonds, peanuts, brazil nuts, walnuts or pistachio. Go easy of salted nuts and avoid coated nuts

Small dob of cream (1 dessert spoon) can be added to fruit such as raspberries occasionally, better still, try using low fat natural yoghurt

Small snack size tin of tuna in water or brine preferably

Top 2 sticks of celery with crunchy peanut butter

Two veggie sticks (capscuim, carrot, celery, zucchini) with low carb dips (pesto, cheese based dips)

Wrap ham or chicken or egg with mayonnaise in lettuce leaves

2Tbs of Copperpot, Spinach, Feta & Cashew dip with celery sticks

Muller Light Yogurts or Equvalent that are low in fat and <10g of Carb per 100g

Sugar Free Jelly i think is ok

Wow thanks for the info, I have just been and stocked up on some goodies. Love that Muller Lights are allowed, they are my sweet treat.

Just having a chocolate milkshake for breakfast. Best one yet, its Yummy!

Ang2252 - well done, you are doing better than me! I have stuck to it but just seem to be hungry still. Snacking on a little more than I should for now, then will hopefully reduce it over a few days. I sit on my arse at work and not really busy enough to be distracted, so I just think about food!

Are you really thirsty on the plan? I had 3 litres of water yesterday and it didnt seem enough.

I don't work but kept myself active yesterday. Don't know how I'd be if I sat all day ! Had my 3ltr water plus 3 cups of tea and 1 diet coke yesterday but didn't seem to be over thirsty. What are you having today? Try to stick with it for a week and I will. I go on hols on Sept 3rd but won't be doing it then. If I hack it ok then I might do it again when I get back. Good luck x x

It does drive me mad sitting at work all day, I wouldnt mind if i was at least busy!

Hmm I'm sure I will get used to it, I guess it's just my body adjusting to it. I would like to lose 7lb by 05.09, then I think I will stick to it until I get to 11 stone. Then back on WW! Just using this as a booster really.

So far today I have had a chocolate milkshake, a tea, some fruit, a banana milkshake. I have some cheese and a Mullerlight for this afternoon, and chicken with roasted veg for dinner which I can't wait for!

I have roller derby on Wednesdays for 2 hours, which is really hard work and doesn't finish until 11 so need to think about a snack for later. Maybe some cottage cheese? I have never tried it before, I have never fancied it but it seems to be such a diet staple so I just bought some Onion and Chive flavour from Asda, so we will see!

Just tried the country veg soup. YUK. Never tasted anything so vile in my life :-( it was very sweet. Did you like the banana shake? Don't know if it's me just fussy but I didn't like that either. Got a chic mint one to try but if I don't like that then o think I'll just stick to the bars as I quite like them

Like you I just wanted a quick fix. I lost 6 stone with the old WW but put 2 back on but I think I'll be going back there rather than gagging over something I don't like.

Roller derby sounds really energetic ! I play golf 2-3 times a week. It might not be as energetic as your sport but each round lasts around 3-4 hours and you walk about 5 miles.

Good luck with your cottage cheese, let me know how you get on.

Luv Ang x

Hope ur OK Sarah, sorry I haven't been here last few days I have been working double shifts.
Looking forward to 2 days off now. Getting to grips with my water intake a bit better.
1lb down this week but not bad considering I had to eat twice 1 day as I wasn't prepared to work on and didn't have a shake or proper snack with me so I had to make do with a garage sandwich :( and I had a few biscuits which were in the office. I have stocked my workplace with snack bars and choc shakes so I won't get caught out again. At least I can have them hot or cold.

Catch you soon, Ali XxX

My god these bars take some chewing ;-)

great way of upping the water intake cos it takes me at least 500ml to wash them down :p

yes you can add hot water or shake them up cold and put them in the microwave xx

So far I have quite enjoyed all the shakes, especially the chocolate. The banana was probably my least favourite though, but still nice!

I struggled a bit at roller derby last night, I felt really lethargic and by the end I could barely stay upright! Do you think this is just my body getting used to the lack of carbs? Feeling tired today, but a little less hungry i think. Looking forward to my steak tonight though!

How are you getting on?

Doing fine. Jumped on scales this morning and I'd lost 4 lb !!!! going to try a choc mint shake with hot water as not really a "normal" milk shake lover.
Bought 10 meal replacement bars today as I quite like them. Wish they did the boxes of 12 as variety packs.
You feeling tired probably is your body adjusting to the lack of carbs. I felt tired yesterday but I'm fine today.
Just had my main meal for lunch .. Prawns in a mushroom and veg stir fry with chilli sauce, it was delish.
Enjoy your steak x x x

Hello everyone, great to see you are all doing well :)

Good idea about having a stash at work Ali! And a loss is better than a gain :eek:

Am ok, funeral went alright but did partake in some mini sausage rolls and tiny eclairs :eek:

Tomorrow should be good. My new boxes of shakes arrived today ^_^ the flavors are slightly different as its a mens box :cool:

There's dark chocolate, mocha coffee, banana smoothie, vanilla malt and toffee crunch. Goes without saying I'm very keen to try the toffee one! :p

I also have a telephone job interview tomorrow morning :eek:
Am looking up info and tips now as its my 1st one lol

I'm starting to feel positive again :) though I have put on 2lb's (damn sneaking on the scales) so adding that back to my ticker on Sunday will suck :sigh:

Keep up the ace work everyone!

Back