Have you been promised a reward when you hit target?

Evening all

Other the the massive health incentives of loosing weight, have any of you been set a target and reward for loosing weight?

I'll start, my partner has set me the challenge of loosing 2 1/2 stone by April and if I succeed, he is going to pay for our flights to Arizona for our holiday next August! At £700+ a ticket its worth it!hmmmm Mexican food every night! Nom nom

What about you all?

For every stone I loose my dad gives me £50 to buy clothes! I put nearly 2 stone back on and rejoined so the next stone he's already paid for but doesn't realise lol I just show him my stickers :) xx

Erm... Mine seems quite minor in comparison. I promised myself a McFlurry once I lost a stone! That's it!

Hit that target a week ago but haven't had the McFlurry yet... Bizarrely I feel like I don't want one now! Maybe when they have a really good one on promotion (like Oreo, my favourite) I'll get one then.

I really wanted to loose weight before my friends wedding in June and promised myself if I hit target I'd treat myself to a gorgeous new dress. I did hit target and I got the dress which I absolutely adore!

Last week (before all of the pictures hit the internet) OH and I booked a week in Vegas next June. The plan is to get hitched when we are out there (although we haven't told our folks this yet!). This is definitely keeping me going!

I think reaching target will be its own reward!

Last week (before all of the pictures hit the internet) OH and I booked a week in Vegas next June. The plan is to get hitched when we are out there (although we haven't told our folks this yet!). This is definitely keeping me going!

Wow! Now that is an incentive alright!! How exciting :)

I've promised myself

A tattoo somewhere on my torso

A professional photo done with my children as I've not felt comfortable since my son was born to have many pics with them

A decent wardrobe with some expensive timeless pieces as I always buy cheap crap because I'm planning to slim out of it!

I'd better start saving too!!

I promised myself an iPad 3 when I hit 2stone. I lost it so quickly I didn't have the cash saved to buy it... Ended up getting it at about 4st. Typing this post from my ipad3, travelling pdown the west coast mainline.

I really want to get to target by christmas and have said I will buy myself an awesome dress for parties etc.

I also want some professional photos done of me, my partner and daughter, so I'll be getting those at target too.

I have a lonnnnnng way till target it seems too far off. No one has promised me anything (awwwww!) but one thing I am promising to myself is I want to buy a nice dress, I feel too self conscious to wear them now so that's something I'm looking forward to. It will be next year sometime I get there though!

I havent been promised anything, but do want to renew my vows with my husband. We have talked about it for ages but I refuse to do it whilst I am this weight. I want to wait until I'm at goal then arrange it :D

jovibird said:
I havent been promised anything, but do want to renew my vows with my husband. We have talked about it for ages but I refuse to do it whilst I am this weight. I want to wait until I'm at goal then arrange it :D

I've been with my OH over 7 years and have 2 children with him, we've talked about getting married but neither of us is fussed either way, I might fancy it if I was slim though as an excuse to show off, lol

Usually a holiday is the reward for most things with me! Hubby loves it as always a win win for him, he gets what he wants plus a holiday (mine lol)
I just have to decide where to now!

Not so much a reward but I have put my next tattoo on hold until the weight is gone just purely for reasons of skin changing/moving as you lose weight. So not really a reward I guess, just practicalities ;)

lardylady said:
I think reaching target will be its own reward!

Also I very much agree with this. :) For me personally if I got to target and rewarded myself with food that'd be one foot back into unhealthy eating habits.

Mum and myself are doing slimming together, we both have separate goals but together we have decided that when we reach target, we go out splash out on a nice outfit and take ourselves out for a nice dinner at a nice restaurant near the sea. So I'm looking forward to that. Also I'm putting money aside every week to save up for a final target wardrobe, really cant wait for that!!

Back