Have you been to see your doctor for extra help and support losing weight?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Caz, 12 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I'm considering going to see my doctor for extra help in losing weight. I did go before and I got 10 free sessions with Rosemary Coneley, not sure that that's really what I want now though as I'm on a calorie/exercise plan myself already and I can't buy specific foods like that really. But I was thinking that it might be good to have the support of my doctor, even if it's just for regular check ins to be weighed etc. as I have no scales at home and can't afford to buy decent ones at the moment!

So just wondering if anyone else has been to their doctors for advice/help/support and whether you felt it was worth it?

Caroline

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lindseydodd408

lindseydodd408 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.7%)
    Diet:
    Myfitnesspal/low carb
    I got close to going when I plateaued for about 8/9 weeks, but I started losing weight again so never bothered. When I go for my injection I get the nurse to weigh me and record on the system what I've lost... gathering evidence for an NHS boob job and tummy tuck, lol!!! x

4. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    That's a very good point Lindsey, I think I'm going to make an appointment to see the doctor. I think that little bit of help could give me an extra boost to keep at it. I love the nurses at my GPs, when I've seen them about anything else they've been fab.

5. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Haha thats so funny Lindsey! But... kinda true..... I wonder what my skin will be like afterwards!! I'm hoping it will be OK as I am quite young (23) but, hmmmmm, we will see!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.