Have you changed YOUR life and how have you done it?

Diva

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
We post a lot about wanting to change our lives and living in the land of possibility. However, what about those of us that are actually living our dream and walking our talk...I'd love to hear what you've done and how you've done it.

C'mon, share....:)

As for me I am a work in progress and have good days and bad days. However, I look at my life today and feel truly blessed with the changes that have taken place in the last 7 years....I'm successfully self employed, happily married, functioning and playful parent and wear size 18 clothes!

Just over a year ago, I was on the brink of divorce, my business was in a severe slump, I was depressed, my daughter was missing her dad terribly, my own dad died and I was wearing size 12/14 clothes!

Has my life changed and taken twists and turns...it sure has and I'm much happier for it. Some days I'm okay about my size and some days I'm not but, right now, I'm the happiest I've been for years and embracing all that has taken place because without it I couldn't be sitting here now with this smug smile on my face!!! :p

Sometimes we focus so much on the problem that we miss the opportunities to solve it....I would say I am much further along my healing process now than I was a year ago!:)

What a lovely post !

and you are so right - as usual

Of course when I look I look back I am not happy with certain aspects of my life. But over a course of a year - bloody hell what a difference - I think the main difference is that there has been a lot more days of self belief in myself.

I think the main difference is that there has been a lot more days of self belief in myself.

Same here. Okay, there are days when I feel there's no hope for me, but they are getting less and less.

I'm so surprised that I've got this far. I'm shocked that my body is behaving, when I was so sure that things wouldn't work for me. I would be doomed forever.

Though I should have changed other aspects of my life, as far as my weight goes, I'm a winner ;)

This is something that I think about a lot.

Last October 28th, I was 15 stone, unemployed, deeply unhappy, on anti-depressants and lonely, if truth be told. I held no hope for the future whatsoever and was bitterly resigned to merely concentrating on raising my children and spending the rest of my life alone with no career to validate myself.

Almost a whole year on, I'm running my own biz, have kept off the majority of the 5 stone I lost (am working on the last bit - again lol), haven't looked at a happy pill and have the love of my life on the verge of moving in with me and my family. So now I've got a huge amount to look forward to which fills me with joy and hope.

I still am prone to depression when things get rough (as they have been for the last 3 months) but at least now I KNOW that things will get better and that my blue days will soon pass.

I don't think I'd feel like this if I was still 15stone! (or the 19 1/2 stone I was previously).

Hooray for vlcds!!!!! lol

Hi Diva.. I am new to posting on here..

In 2002 my best mate died…I chose then to live on vodka and bad food…put on 6 stones… was depressed and miserable..left my husband and moved away…

In January 2005… I joined LL… In March 2005 (3 stones lighter and a size 14) … I paid a visit to my husband to pick up a hat (for a wedding I was due to attend) that I knew was probably in the attic of my marital home… In August 2005 (6 stones lighter and a size 8) I returned to live with my husband – very happy so far… Also in August I started a new job… six figure salary.. great fun..

In July 2006… 2 stones heavier than lowest.. I started running (for a bet) and on the 1st October 1.5 stones heavier than my lowest weight I ran the Great North Run… amazing, life changing challenge… I now know I can do anything!!

The moral of the story for me is that in October 2003 I wanted to die… I mean I REALLY wanted to die…

In October 2006… I want to live.. I mean I REALLY REALLY want to live.. I want to run at least three half marathons a year…I want to eat foods that fuel that ambition. And…does my weight bother me? Not a lot!!!! :)

Katie x

I have changed my life since losing weight - I realised that I gained weight to self medicate - as being the soft pudding that I am I gave all my time , all my worldly goods and everything to so called friends!
The lightbulb went on for me when I sadly realised these friends were takers and gave nothing in return!
I have dumped the ones that hurt me and took from me and I am confidently making new friends!
I do not need anyone to use me and abuse my kindness - I have learnt to love myself for what I am!
I do not have a desperate need to have people around me constantly - only those that add value to my life!
Do I sound selfish - maybe but its about time!

Hi Diva.. I am new to posting on here..

In 2002 my best mate died…I chose then to live on vodka and bad food…put on 6 stones… was depressed and miserable..left my husband and moved away…

In January 2005… I joined LL… In March 2005 (3 stones lighter and a size 14) … I paid a visit to my husband to pick up a hat (for a wedding I was due to attend) that I knew was probably in the attic of my marital home… In August 2005 (6 stones lighter and a size 8) I returned to live with my husband – very happy so far… Also in August I started a new job… six figure salary.. great fun..

In July 2006… 2 stones heavier than lowest.. I started running (for a bet) and on the 1st October 1.5 stones heavier than my lowest weight I ran the Great North Run… amazing, life changing challenge… I now know I can do anything!!

The moral of the story for me is that in October 2003 I wanted to die… I mean I REALLY wanted to die…

In October 2006… I want to live.. I mean I REALLY REALLY want to live.. I want to run at least three half marathons a year…I want to eat foods that fuel that ambition. And…does my weight bother me? Not a lot!!!! :)

Katie x

Now THAT is a story!!! Good going Katie.xxx:D

Nadine, I love your spirit and your honesty....life is for the living and the giving and you deserve your slice of it! xxx

Has anyone else done this.... changed their life and are now happy to say that they are walking their talk??? :)

Work in progress....

Well my story so far...
Breakdown in 2004 followed by massive binges and weight gain on top of excess weight already!
Like Nadine dropped friends that had taken me totally for granted and am making new ones that take me for the very sensitive, caring and loyal person that I am without using that to their advantage! And what a lovely bunch of friends I've made they have helped me through some of the worse times in my life both mentally and physically as I've been quite ill over the last few years. I'm learning to trust people again although I don't know if I will ever totally trust anyone again.
Coping at the moment without any 'happy pills' although I do have some really bad days...and I mean really bad. Those days I wish I could just curl up, go to sleep and never wake up! But I have so much to live for in the for of my wonderful children and my amazingily understanding hubby!
I've lost over 4 stone! I'm getting my lost confidence back! I've made some very good new friends and I love my family, I'm starting my dream career in May next year! and I'm learning to love myself day by day.
So not as upbeat as everyone else but definately a work in progress!
X

Just bumping up as I think this is a great thread! Oh and I'm nosey and want to know how everyones lives have changed since being on a VLCD.

X

My life is very different today to it was 7 years ago.

Up to 1999, I was married to an alcoholic, who abused me and the children physically, emotionally and mentally, I was a size 20/22, weighed 15 stone, hated myself and was being told I was useless and ugly.

From 1999, I asked my husband to leave and life was difficult financially and emotionally, plus bringing up 3 kids on my own. Still believed I was unattractive and useless. But at least I started to make some progress on being "me".
2005 - I was in a relationship with a guy who made me feel like I was a Princess and absolutely adored me .... and I began to heal - and went onto lose 4stone and get down to a size 12/14. We split at the beginning of this year .... and my confidence went with it and 2 stone went straight back on.
Now I'm with my partner of 9 months ... slightly wary of my feelings re food/confidence and a size 14/16. I'm also a CDC - and starting to get my head round my abusive relationship with food. 2007 will see me lose the 2stone I've gained ... plus maybe a little more and complete the ongoing work on my confidence etc ... at the moment I have scaffolding around me - not falling to pieces, but needing something to keep me up. I want to be able to stand tall without scaffolding - and I'll only be able to do that when I don't emotionally eat.

Back