Have you cleared your cupboards?

*Cupcake*

is working hard.....
No - I'm not checking up on spring cleaning :D, but wondering if other SWers clear the cupboards of non SW stuff to avoid temptation?

I was reading the 'triggers' thread and it struck me that with having others to shop/cook for, I do have a lot of 'non' SW things for packed lunches / treats etc.

'My' bits are in one cupboard, so I know where to turn 'in an emergency' but the temptation from elsewhere is still there!! :rolleyes:

I guess my challenge is to manage that temptation and learn to make those healthy choices.

What do other SWers do - cope with the temptations or clear the cupboards?!!

xx:)

I have to cope with the temptations. Partner & daughter not doing SW, so still buy treats for them. Funny though because I buy all this nice stuff for them, cakes, chocs, crisps etc and they always try and pinch mine. x

I suppose it's OK for me because dh and I haven't got kiddywinkles so it's easy enough not to buy sweets, crisps etc! I did get rid of a lot of stuff like biscuits from the cupboards when I started and after Christmas I took lots of chocolate into work (for other people to ruin their waistlines with! Haha!) I do have my own snack cupboard full of things like Alpen Lights, Kelloggs Fibre Plus bars, Ryvitas, Scanbrans, other crispbreads, Ryvita Minis, meringue nests.X

I haven't cleared anything. I just have to be good!

My hubby, oldest son & two daughters are all slim, trim people & they like their biscuits etc. I do sometimes buy things that I know I dislike (like bourbon biscuits) so temptation doesn't get in the way!

It's actually easier for me if I do buy stuff like biscuits for the family, because my dearer stuff (like Mullers) are just for me. That way, if someone asks for my stuff I tell the family they have their biccys etc & I have my Mullers. :D

I clear the cupboards. I live on my own so I guess it's easier. This way if I want something like chocolate or crisps I have to either walk to the nearest shop which is 15min walk away or drive so normally I talk myself out of it!

I have some low syn treats in stock like sugar free jelly, LF creme fraiche, skinny cow ice creams, mikado sticks.

If it's not here I won't eat it!

x

I don't clear my cupboards. I rarely buy biscuits but when I do its the ones I don't like so there's no temptation. I'm not a big crisp eater so no temptation there either otherwise we all eat low fat yoghurts, ryvitas, wholemeal bread, SW friendly cereal. In fact I just buy SW friendly food which IMO is suitable for the whole family.

I don't buy full fat mayo (which I love) as the rest of the family prefer low fat mayo:eek: So I just use quark instead.

I have to cope with the temptations. Partner & daughter not doing SW, so still buy treats for them. Funny though because I buy all this nice stuff for them, cakes, chocs, crisps etc and they always try and pinch mine. x

Ha - me too! I get them Muller corners and they 'pinch' my Mullerlights!! ;)

I struggle to have naughty food in as I am weak to temptation. It was only the other day I brought Alpen cerceral and messed my day up with non stop munchinf from thebox. Therefore I took action checked half the ceral and killed it with washing up liquid and I felt so much better :)

Joe has his own 'cupboard' where his treats go, but other than his crisps for his pack lunch and the biscuit tin, i dont buy him sweeties.. the cupboard is designated because his lovley parents will bring lots of nasty goodies with them when the visit and i need somewhere to put them out of the way..

i think its great some can have treat sized chocs etc in there house, and use them in their syns. . but i cant. Im a binge eater and cant have just 'one'

i ahve to use my syns for sauces etc .. that way if i REALLY want a 'proper' treat, i have to go out and get it, and i wont unless i really really want it so.. i wish i had more self control but i really dont!

Living alone - i just have cupboards (well shelves, no cupboards here) full of stuff that's on plan (with the exception of about 3 tins that i keep forgetting to throw away).

That said - i spent the month before joining Slimming World "sanitising" the house - the day before my first meeting anything that would not be on plan was in the bin and out of my mind. If it's not here, i'm not going to be tempted.

Living alone - i just have cupboards (well shelves, no cupboards here) full of stuff that's on plan (with the exception of about 3 tins that i keep forgetting to throw away).

That said - i spent the month before joining Slimming World "sanitising" the house - the day before my first meeting anything that would not be on plan was in the bin and out of my mind. If it's not here, i'm not going to be tempted.

Haha.. the day before i joined i ate the entire last pack of jacobs cream crackers and an entire tub of philly. :D

We have a yummy cupboard- it contains his naughty stuff (crisps, jellies etc) and my SW friendly stuff (hartley's jellies, treatsize chocs etc). I take only my stuff, I dunno why, I just haven't had a breakdown yet, but it's early days yet... I'm sure it will happen...

We have no naughty stuff in our cupboards which is why it really annoyed me when my Con suggested i must be picking at the odd biscuit here and there without realising and not writing it down. She said I am probably stressed by not losing weight and not realising when I am eating things off plan because they are lying around grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Does she want to check my cupboards lol xxx

The day before I started, I went through all my cupboards, fridge and freezer, and through away everything none SW! threw away quite a bit actually, but I felt it really helped me through that first week sticking to the plan. Still I dont think there's anything bad in my cupboards bar a can of custard, and a loaf of white bread in my freezer!

I also got 2 young kids and cupboards are full of biscuits and sweets - i do sometimes look at em longly but i just av a drink or a banana instead - find bananas really sweet :)

We haven't cleared the cupboards as such because I have two little girls who love their treats. But I have divided the treats between them and given them a old sweet tin each for their goodies. But I do find it easier with hubbie on SW with me, because except for my girls tins it's all SW friendly!

Back