Have you fallen of the waggon and picked yourself up again?

Chitty

Hi

I have been looking for some inspiration.

I would love to hear from anyone who has fallen of the waggon after losing a bit and then picked themselves up again before to my damage was done and reached goal....... and stayed there....

I am really hoping I get some replys as I am finding it hard at the minute.

I have put on 7lb :eek: since Monday......

I have been okay until mid/late afternoon then I am so hungry I just can't cope....

Fingers crossed for some positive replys. I am going away in less than 4 weeks and need to SS to get the 12lbs off I have put on over the last two weeks, not to mention the 10lbs I wanted to lose any way.

:help2:

me too! at least once a week! not at goal yet but I'm on the way, when i have a blip i just move on and start again. Its probably not the fastest way to do it but i will get there in the end! I go away in 3 weeks and want to lose my last 11 lbs so perhaps we can motivate each other?

Oh Chitty (((hugs)))

I havent yet fallen off the wagon but have come close several times, earlier this week I was in a right state and didnt think I could continue.

You just have to climb back up on the wagon and console yourself that your weight gain will be all water, and so you can lose that and more if you are very strict with yourself and SS 100% for the next week.

You can reach your target in 4 weeks but you are going to have to be very determined.

Good Luck. You can do it.

As you've noticed, the reason why it's so hard to re-start is because you're no longer in ketosis so start to really struggle during that mid-afternoon 'slump'! This always seems worse than during the first ever few days of Cambridge for some reason - possibly because your body 'knows' this time that it's going to be deprived of carbs for some time, or possibly because, psychologically, we don't feel the same novelty-factor and motivation/determination as we did the first time. Maybe it's a bit of both!

But anyhow, you just need to be logical with yourself. Why did you want to lose the weight in the first place? What goals did you have in mind, and why did you want to reach them? Think about how you're feeling right now - is food making you feel good, or did you feel much better and happier with yourself whilst dieting?
Next time you're really craving food, tell yourself that if you really want it, you can wait 30 minutes - you know that won't kill you. In the meantime, drink a big glass of water, have a shake if that's possible, and ask yourself all the above questions, reminding yourself of the feeling of achievement you'll get if you make it through the day without giving in to temptation.

The bottom line is, you've done this before so know that if you can just get through the first few days back on ss then those food demons will be controllable again!

Hope that helps. I have every faith that you can do it. :)

Jo x

me too! at least once a week! not at goal yet but I'm on the way, when i have a blip i just move on and start again. Its probably not the fastest way to do it but i will get there in the end! I go away in 3 weeks and want to lose my last 11 lbs so perhaps we can motivate each other?

That would be great I would love for us to motivate each other over the next 3 weeks, fingers crossed .......

My problem....... (This is a new feeling for me, never had a problem before, even at the start or after holidays, weekends away etc). But I can't stay on the diet long enough to get into ketosis. I am 95% positive in the morning and go down hill from 2.30pm onwards as I get hungry and feel weak, tired and dizzy, lightheaded. I drink about 5-6 litres of water a day. This is when my resolve breaks and I eat, then I eat way to much, more that I would ever normally do.... thus putting on weight fast... What can I do at the point when I feel low and break my resolve. So far I have tried, watching TV,coming on here, playing with the children, having a bath, phoning a friend. Nothing has worked.

Ok now for the motivation for you......... 11lbs, wow. Are you on the 790 now, you are so close to going under the 25bmi you must be really really happy.
If you think of your holiday each time you want to break your resolve you stand a better chance of making the right choice and not having what you shouldn't. Then you will be a little closer to your goal weight for your holiday and when your holiday arrives you will be feeling so fabulose, not to mention looking wonderful, you will have a super holiday.

:scale:

Oh Chitty (((hugs)))

I havent yet fallen off the wagon but have come close several times, earlier this week I was in a right state and didnt think I could continue.

You just have to climb back up on the wagon and console yourself that your weight gain will be all water,
Oh I love you, do you really think all 12lbs could be water.....:drool:.......

and so you can lose that and more if you are very strict with yourself and SS 100% for the next week.
Do you think I could, I have lost 11lb in a week before when I resarted my diet after a hospital break..... would be great, but I get in a panic at the minute about it...... So cross with myslef as my bmi has gone up to 28 over the last 2 weeks...... it was 24.5. (or something like that).

You can reach your target in 4 weeks but you are going to have to be very determined.
I so hope you are right, I really want to do this, as so do not want to be a 95% who put it back on, I will not be. In fact I think everyone on Minimins should make a pact to keep the weight off. Now I know from what I am going through now this isn't easy... But we should to prove the stats wrong......

Good Luck. You can do it.
And thank you so much for your reply, keep up your good work, you are doing really really well.

:psiholog: Chitty XXXXXX

Did you? What happened and how did you pull yourself back.... Hope you are ok today, not long before the school hols are over...:eek:.Chitty XXX

I stopped over Christmas 2004. Stoopid thing to do :( I did manage to pull myself back, but I gave myself a set day, cut the carbs down, and stayed pretty determined because I wanted it too much.

I also had to come off a couple of times again for medical reasons, and it certainly got harder each time, especially when I returned close to goal.

I guess it's easy to delay it as you know you can do it, and you know the weight will come off....makes us delay it eh.

But of course, the longer you leave it, the later it's going to be before you get to goal :(

My problem....... (This is a new feeling for me, never had a problem before, even at the start or after holidays, weekends away etc). But I can't stay on the diet long enough to get into ketosis. I am 95% positive in the morning and go down hill from 2.30pm onwards as I get hungry and feel weak, tired and dizzy, lightheaded. I drink about 5-6 litres of water a day. This is when my resolve breaks and I eat, then I eat way to much, more that I would ever normally do.... thus putting on weight fast... What can I do at the point when I feel low and break my resolve. So far I have tried, watching TV,coming on here, playing with the children, having a bath, phoning a friend. Nothing has worked.

If you're finding it so difficult to get into ketosis, why not low-carb for a few days, then ss once you're already there? If you eat the foods listed for 790, but as much as you feel you need, and little but often (that way you shouldn't get hungry!), then you'll be in ketosis in no time - plus you can tell yourself you have no excuse for eating crap, because you know you're not hungry, and know you are 'allowed' to eat the right things if you actually are! :)

Jo x

HI
I ss for 4 months and apart from the odd bit of protein cheating I never dropped out of ketosis or gained weight, I even went on holiday for a week and lost 3lbs!.Then I went on holiday for 2 weeks and inevitably during such a long time Icame out of Ketosis, but still manged to lose 5lbs over the 3 weeks between WI's. Fab I hear you say ! Yeah it would be but even though I have still not gained officially on the scales I know I am struggling in the way Just Jo describes that mid afternoon slump and I feeel compelled to eat something. Now up till now I have confiined this to protein, and salad , bit of fruit, but I am getting worse, every week. My CDC was away last week so no WI and it was a disaster for me becuase I thought, Oh well no WI, so relax a bit plenty time (I'm sure this is ringing bells with some of you!)
I dont think I have actaully gained (I'll know more tommorow at WI! ) but I blo..dy well deserve to and maybe thats the kick up the backside I need, becuase I know if I see the scales go up that will stop me. I have decided to do 790 as that way I can be 'in control' again as I thinks its all about feeling that you are winning isnt it?
Good Luck Chitty hope we can beat the demons and get back in the driving seat.

As you've noticed, the reason why it's so hard to re-start is because you're no longer in ketosis so start to really struggle during that mid-afternoon 'slump'! This always seems worse than during the first ever few days of Cambridge for some reason - possibly because your body 'knows' this time that it's going to be deprived of carbs for some time, or possibly because, psychologically, we don't feel the same novelty-factor and motivation/determination as we did the first time. Maybe it's a bit of both!

But anyhow, you just need to be logical with yourself. Why did you want to lose the weight in the first place? What goals did you have in mind, and why did you want to reach them? Think about how you're feeling right now - is food making you feel good, or did you feel much better and happier with yourself whilst dieting?
Next time you're really craving food, tell yourself that if you really want it, you can wait 30 minutes - you know that won't kill you. In the meantime, drink a big glass of water, have a shake if that's possible, and ask yourself all the above questions, reminding yourself of the feeling of achievement you'll get if you make it through the day without giving in to temptation.

The bottom line is, you've done this before so know that if you can just get through the first few days back on ss then those food demons will be controllable again!

Hope that helps. I have every faith that you can do it. :)

Jo x

Thanks Jo, this really does make sense. I will be so pleased when I get back in to Ketosis, it feels alot better than I have been feeling eating rubbish..... I am sure you are right, my body knows what is coming and the naughty side is screaming at me to eat carbs whilst I still can:break_diet:
Tell, me how long will it take me to stop feeling dizzy and weak, I can't remember feeling like it before.

Thank you for having faith in me. I want it so bad, I think every time I get 14lbs away from my goal I go into a panic mode, not sure why, but 3 times I have got there and once before I went of the rails a bit, once just a little bit and now this..... I was 12lb light about 10 days ago..... Bloody Hell.......... Ok must get a grip.. I will remember, I will get me flat tummy back.....

Thanks again Jo, it has helped. I will be on here tomorrow reading. I have a busy day tomorrow. So may be that will help, if I don't feel to shitty.....

Luv Chitty...... (Oh Chitty feeling Shitty, that rhymes:rolleyes:)

If you're finding it so difficult to get into ketosis, why not low-carb for a few days, then ss once you're already there? If you eat the foods listed for 790, but as much as you feel you need, and little but often (that way you shouldn't get hungry!), then you'll be in ketosis in no time - plus you can tell yourself you have no excuse for eating crap, because you know you're not hungry, and know you are 'allowed' to eat the right things if you actually are! :)

Jo x

That sounds like a good idea, any thing to stop feeling hungry. But will is slow my weight loss down, or would I get a better weight loss trying to SS, (taking it that I can tomorrow, but who knows... if you know what I mean). I just want to make sure I am slim enough for my hols, else my size 10 dresses and skirt won't look so good, if they fit.....:eek:

But if I did that would I still be in ketosis and how long would I have to eat for to stop me being hungry, would 3 days do it. Having just a little bit 2-3 times a day, about the AAm amount at teatime and half that for the other 2 times. Would if make ketosis longer to get into. Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate your help.

Chitty...

HI
I ss for 4 months and apart from the odd bit of protein cheating I never dropped out of ketosis or gained weight, I even went on holiday for a week and lost 3lbs!.Then I went on holiday for 2 weeks and inevitably during such a long time Icame out of Ketosis, but still manged to lose 5lbs over the 3 weeks between WI's. Fab I hear you say ! Yeah it would be but even though I have still not gained officially on the scales I know I am struggling in the way Just Jo describes that mid afternoon slump and I feeel compelled to eat something. Now up till now I have confiined this to protein, and salad , bit of fruit, but I am getting worse, every week. My CDC was away last week so no WI and it was a disaster for me becuase I thought, Oh well no WI, so relax a bit plenty time (I'm sure this is ringing bells with some of you!)
I dont think I have actaully gained (I'll know more tommorow at WI! ) but I blo..dy well deserve to and maybe thats the kick up the backside I need, becuase I know if I see the scales go up that will stop me. I have decided to do 790 as that way I can be 'in control' again as I thinks its all about feeling that you are winning isnt it?
Good Luck Chitty hope we can beat the demons and get back in the driving seat.

Wow you have done really well with your weight loss. And yes it is all about the demons and the addiction to food. I read Karion Dieting thread on food desires and it made so much thread and I am very interested in reading books about eating less and food addiction, the interest is all there, I just need to get over this little hurdle I am at now. But I suppose each hurdle jumped over is a step closer to my long term goal for being within my target weight for life.

Thanks for the post, they all help so very very much. And chin up, good luck for the weigh in, I wish you all the luck and keep me posted.
Chitty. XXXX

Thanks Jo, this really does make sense. I will be so pleased when I get back in to Ketosis, it feels alot better than I have been feeling eating rubbish..... I am sure you are right, my body knows what is coming and the naughty side is screaming at me to eat carbs whilst I still can:break_diet:
Tell, me how long will it take me to stop feeling dizzy and weak, I can't remember feeling like it before.
You're very welcome. :) You'll probably feel better once you've got through day one - you'll certainly stop craving carbs so much by day two anyway!

Thank you for having faith in me. I want it so bad, I think every time I get 14lbs away from my goal I go into a panic mode, not sure why, but 3 times I have got there and once before I went of the rails a bit, once just a little bit and now this..... I was 12lb light about 10 days ago..... Bloody Hell.......... Ok must get a grip.. I will remember, I will get me flat tummy back.....
I have faith in you because i've been there, done that! The last stone or so is always the hardest, because we actually look 'okay' at that weight, so dobn't have the same motivation/hating what we see in the mirror to keep us going! I've gained about 10lbs over the past few weeks, due to two holidays, but that's happened before (previous hols, Christmasses, etc), so I know i'll be able to get it off again.

Thanks again Jo, it has helped. I will be on here tomorrow reading. I have a busy day tomorrow. So may be that will help, if I don't feel to shitty.....

Luv Chitty...... (Oh Chitty feeling Shitty, that rhymes:rolleyes:)
Again, you're very welcome. :)

That sounds like a good idea, any thing to stop feeling hungry. But will is slow my weight loss down, or would I get a better weight loss trying to SS, (taking it that I can tomorrow, but who knows... if you know what I mean). I just want to make sure I am slim enough for my hols, else my size 10 dresses and skirt won't look so good, if they fit.....:eek:
It may slow your weight loss down by just a pound or two. However, it won't slow your weight loss down half as much as trying to ss, falling off, bingeing, trying to ss, falling off... you get the picture! If you really can't go straight into ss, then you're guaranteed to wind up with a better loss if you low-carb into it!

But if I did that would I still be in ketosis and how long would I have to eat for to stop me being hungry, would 3 days do it. Having just a little bit 2-3 times a day, about the AAm amount at teatime and half that for the other 2 times. Would if make ketosis longer to get into. Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate your help.
Yes, you would easily go into ketosis - possibly even quicker than if on sole-source, if you ate very low-carb. I was a seasoned low-carber before doing Cambridge, so trust me. :) If you stuck to protein only, with very little veg/salad, you could actually eat whole cows and still get into ketosis within three days! So, eat whatever you need (so long as it's low-carb) to keep hunger at bay and stop yourself falling off the wagon, and don't worry about amounts - that's the easiest route into ketosis.

And, ask away - I don't mind the questions at all. :)

Jo x

Hmmmm we have a field full of cow behind our garden......:eat:

I haven't over eaten today as much as yesterday and my panic doesn't feel as strong.

What I will do is have one last go tomorrow on SS and fingers crossed bingo I will do it and in 3 days I will be in ketosis....

If not I will do what you suggested and eat low carb for 3 days to get into ketosis.

Thanks ever so much.
I love the CD and find each bit I go though a real learning curve.
This last things has shown me that even though I look a lot better now as a size 10/12 I still have a long way to go to reach my goal of slim for life.

Chitty XXXXX

Another Day another Dollar.........

Hiya :character00238:

Ok today is a new day..... new me.... no more over eating for me. Only SS.......................

I've just had a Choc Mint Shake :party0036:, in a glass and it was yummy. Followed by a pint of the clear stuff. (You know the fat burning liquid called water :clap:, fab stuff).

Thanks for all your help last night, it was what I needed. Fingers crossed for today.......

Luv Chitty.... XXXXXX

Good Luck to Everyone for a 100% day what ever your diet.:party0011:

Back