Have you kept your diet secret?

It will be ace to prove them wrong.

I have decided today, that the thing to do is use the "negative" comments from some as a form of motivation!

They need to be the first people I go see when I have lost the weight and again when I have kept it off!

I have worked out today that a work colleague spends at least £5 per day on lunch alone...so much more than CD in a week! This is after wingeing that its "a rip off!"

I didnt really tell anyone the first 2 times and was gald because I failed :( BUT this time I have told pretty much anyone who wants to listen and have found it a good way of keeping me on the wagon :)

i have told my closest friends. they weren't too keen on the idea. but they didn't say anything about it. just wanted me to be happy. and i knew that they didn't really agree with it but that they wouldn't try and stop me. i also tell people that your doctor is informed and will get in touch if there's any cause for concern. which is the truth. and when people hear the word 'doctor' they tend to shut up. one of my friends mistakenly called my cdc my nutritionist in front of some other people and they haven't said a thing since!! ha. so i'm guessing that's what they took on board from the conversation. it didn't come from me :)

i haven't told many people at work. just those that i know are sympathetic to weight loss. usually when people ask i just say i've cut down on calories. which is the truth. and the fact that people tend to see me having what looks like porridge or ready brek for breakfast while i'm at work they probably don't think twice about it...

abz xx

i have told my closest friends. they weren't too keen on the idea. but they didn't say anything about it. just wanted me to be happy. and i knew that they didn't really agree with it but that they wouldn't try and stop me. i also tell people that your doctor is informed and will get in touch if there's any cause for concern. which is the truth. and when people hear the word 'doctor'

they tend to shut up. one of my friends mistakenly called my cdc my nutritionist in front of some other people and they haven't said a thing since!! ha. so i'm guessing that's what they took on board from the conversation. it didn't come from me :)

i haven't told many people at work. just those that i know are sympathetic to weight loss. usually when people ask i just say i've cut down on calories. which is the truth. and the fact that people tend to see me having what looks like porridge or ready brek for breakfast while i'm at work they probably don't think twice about it...

abz xx
Hey Abz I hadnt thought of that I go to a group and one of the ladies that runs it IS a nutritionist,just the ammo I need!!
xx

there we go then :D
i am also thinking of becoming a cdc when i get a bit closer to my goal so they are all going to have to like it or lump it then!! :)

abz xx

Yep.
I decided not to tell many people, for fear of the criticism i would get. LOL. Wish i hadn't told my mum, she is driving me loopy, worrying that i am going too far. She'd have me stop now.
All around me, school mums are always on diets and always put it all back on again, plus more. I have never been on a proper diet ( apart from needing to lose the pregnancy weight, but no real attempt, just time and wise eating ).
Nevertheless, i have allowed my weight to creep up over the past 5 years and NOW was enough.
People are reluctant to say much if you do not tell them, one mum quietly asked if i was OK, as she could see that i was getting thinner. She was worried that i was ill.
I am only 4lbs from being back in the healthy weight bracket on the BMI calculator, but hope to lose another 9lbs.
Forgive me for being cynical, but is it criticism or envy????:(

i think it's a bit of both. most of my friends are thin and don't worry too much about what they eat. but although people weren't really saying anything, other than family who were worried about my weight and i got really offended every time it was brought up, my friends didn't say anything about my weight gain. it's only now, having lost a couple of stone that i can see how huge i was. i managed to convince myself i 'wasn't that bad' and i'm just glad i did something when i did. people at work are going to start telling me to stop losing soon. they are already saying i look fine as i am... and you just know what's next don't you?

abz xx

I told everyone - I can't keep quiet - was very nervous about telling my mum because she did it twenty plus years ago and ended up ill - it has moved on since then!! I am a ww really but couldn't shift the last two stone - have loved CD - and am now stabilising on 1000 - LOVE it!!

I didn't tell anyone bar my family until people started noticing the weight loss and asking how I did it - and knowing how some people can be negative about VLCD, I just said "by being really good and disciplined and no alcohol" and left it at that.......reaction has been all positive but not sure it would have been if they knew it was a VLCD, as there are a lot of misconceptions out there............me included, until I knew what it was about.

Hey Minz I've played it like you. I haven't said what plan I'm on to many people at all because the response isn't likely to be a good one and I don't want them to throw me out of my zone 'cause i'm proud of how I'm doing. People are certainly noticing now and I feel good for it. I will keep going! Sometimes the less people who know the better.

Back