Have you seen any good films lately?!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi troops,

Thought I'd start a new off-topic thread! There's been one on the go for a while about what books everyone's reading at the moment and I thought it would be fun to discuss films!

What films have people seen and enjoyed recently?

Last week I went to see The King's Speech at the cinema and thoroughly enjoyed it! Colin Firth deserves his nominations! This weekend I have seen The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo on DVD- it was excellent and very close to the book (which I loved)- always refreshing! You can choose whether you watch it with subtities (it's in Swedish) or with English dubbing! We switched from English dubbing to subtitles half way through!! An excellent thriller with great twists (although having read the book I knew they were coming!) The other film I saw on DVD this weekend was Nativity, a British comedy with Martin Freeman!! It was fantastic- hilarious and uplifting! The school children were brilliant- after an emotional and tough few days it really uplifted me and I forgot my troubles for a while!

Who's next?X

Oh yeah this is a good idea, I text everyone last week for good comedy films too watch so that I could laugh a little, I got 3 of the suggestions well they were ok not too great..I like loads of films list is endless lol,although not so up to date lately, do you like thrillers?? xx

Oh to be able to stay awake for long enough to watch one lol !!!

I picked up 3 comedy type films last week and have still to see one..

They are Hangover.
Night at the Museum.
Role Models.

A friend who had seen them recommended them if I wanted a giggle.

Hopefully will stay awake for long enough one of these nights.

hiyer, went to see king's speech a couple of weeks ago, totally loved it, hoping to see black swan in a couple of weeks,(a cousin in new zeland went to see it and said it was strange). At the moment i'm reading a book by cathy kelly, read a variety of authors, but, my fav is james patterson.

I loved 500 days of summer which I saw recently. A really lovely film.

Trying to think what other films i've seen - I can't think now!!

I love the Hangover - i could watch it over and over again!

Not seen a film recently at the cinema.......which is silly because my best friend works there so we get it free!!! I think i need to make more effort to go and take advantage of my perk!

x

Not been to the cinema in ages, but OH is a film buff, so seen lots of DVDs recently.

Get Him to the Greek - very funny IMO
Orphan - quite gripping
Paranormal Activity 2 - not as scary as the first one
P.S I Love You - I resisted crying, however he didn't!
Jackass 3 - really grim, but very funny

For comedy, I love Zoolander, Freddie got Fingered, Superbad and a good stand up DVD :)

I want to see Black Swan soon :)

I studied film at college and used to be a massive film geek! Only manage to watch about 5/6 a week now though :( Films I watched last week are:

The Black Swan
- loved it. It's quite dark and intense but the acting/costumes/dancing is amazing to watch. Definitely recommend it!
Big - Bit of a Sunday favourite.
Ps. I Love You - Might have had a little reluctant cry to this one lol plus a new found love for Jeffrey Dean Morgan!
The Princess Bride - I've seen this countless times and still find it hilarious :)
Eat Pray Love - Not the greatest film I've ever seen but worth a watch.
Easy A - Pretty good, maybe not quite as good as I thought it'd be but I still liked it. Stanley tucci is amazing!
Along Came a Spider - Very good thriller.

I really want to watch The Kings Speech but my boyfriend is a bit reluctant. The new Clint Eastwood film is out this week too (Hereafter?) which looks awesome so I shall be going to see that hopefully!

Ooh this thread seems to be working! Great film suggestions! I also love The Hangover- it's soooo funny! I loved Orphan Tinytootz!! Great twist I didn't see coming! Jenny 500 Days of Summer was awesome wasn't it!! Loved that it was a romcom but not cheesy like they often are! Sue Night at the Museum is one of my faves- didn't get great reviews at the time but I laughed all the way through and a great cast! Defo watch The Hangover! YummyMummy if you like Ben Stiller films and more to the point ones with Jack Black too, have you seen Envy?! It's hilarious! Next on my list is definitely The Black Swan! I've heard great things about it, although Natalie Portman is far too skinny, but then again she's meant to be for the role!!X

I saw The King's Speech - which was excellent and liked the fact there was humorous parts to it, which was a good move as I thing else it would be quite dry. I have also seen the Black Swan which was interesting as well.
I have see all three of the girl with the pearl tattoo films and loved them.
Waiting untilFeb 14th for a film called Paul to be released in the cinema which a comedy wth Simon Pegg. Me and my OH <3 Simon pegg!!!

Greenberg has Ben Stiller in it, but he does not play like his normal roles as a comedy type character. He is playing a serious role with someone who has had a recent mental breakdown - I really liked it. I also liked the film Number 23 in which Jim Carrey stared in it :D

I saw 'The Kings Speech' twice, I enjoyed it so much.

Last week I saw 'Black Swan' which was very strange- not at all what I imagined and actually quite gruesome and scary. Practically the whole of the audience were older ladies in groups and occasionally during the film I turned around to see their reactions and most had their hands over their faces!!!! (me too!)

Tomorrow, I am going to see 'Tangled' in 3D- the new Disney based on Rapunzel. I don't have kids so me and G have to just face down the odd looks we get when we go to see kids films!

xxx

I saw The King's Speech - which was excellent and liked the fact there was humorous parts to it, which was a good move as I thing else it would be quite dry. I have also seen the Black Swan which was interesting as well.
I have see all three of the girl with the pearl tattoo films and loved them.
Waiting untilFeb 14th for a film called Paul to be released in the cinema which a comedy wth Simon Pegg. Me and my OH <3 Simon pegg!!!

Teehee you mean The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo- the Millennium Trilogy! The Girl With the Pearl Earring was good too mind you, but very different!!X

I seen it ages ago but I am still totally hooked on Inception.
Think it was just an incredible film and was so well done.
Also really wanting to see Black Swan. Looks fabulous.
Another vote here for 500 days of Summer too. Really enjoyed that.

I started watching 'PS. I love you' on Sunday night and when it got to the bit with the birthday cake I burst into tears and told OH I just couldn't watch it anymore - typical boy response 'we'll put Die Hard on then!' - I'm such a softie, but love Gerald Butler so may try it again this week whilst OH is out! xxx

I started watching 'PS. I love you' on Sunday night and when it got to the bit with the birthday cake I burst into tears and told OH I just couldn't watch it anymore - typical boy response 'we'll put Die Hard on then!' - I'm such a softie, but love Gerald Butler so may try it again this week whilst OH is out! xxx

Dumps - i can watch the film from any point and cry my socks off - its just really well acted, and we have all lost someone we loved in our lives, hence how it pulls on the heartstrings even more.

Sob.:cry:

Definitely Inception. I was blown away by that film. Luckily the inlaws bought us the DVD for crimbo so I've been able to watch it over and over again.

I really want to go see Black Swan but I'm really tight and refuse to pay cinema prices so will be waiting til it comes out on DVD to rent.

I too am a huge P.S I love you crier!

Back