Have you seen any good films lately?!

Dumps - i can watch the film from any point and cry my socks off - its just really well acted, and we have all lost someone we loved in our lives, hence how it pulls on the heartstrings even more.

Sob.:cry:

To be fair I burst into tears at the drop of a hat anyway but the bit that got me was how I'd be if OH wasn't there anymore - I will be strong and watch it this week xxx

Oh to be able to stay awake for long enough to watch one lol !!!

I picked up 3 comedy type films last week and have still to see one..

They are Hangover.
Night at the Museum.
Role Models.

A friend who had seen them recommended them if I wanted a giggle.

Hopefully will stay awake for long enough one of these nights.

Recent films I have seen (I watch too many lol) which are worth a watch are:

Fargo - difficult to describe really!
The Usual Suspects - Classy movie with killer twist!
The Hangover - A great chillout, laughout piece of escapism!
Goodfellas - Gangster yarn with great cast.
My Cousin Vinnie - Great under-rated comedy
Shawshank Redemption - My favourite movie of all time!

Steve

Maximus said:
Recent films I have seen (I watch too many lol) which are worth a watch are:

Fargo - difficult to describe really!
The Usual Suspects - Classy movie with killer twist!
The Hangover - A great chillout, laughout piece of escapism!
Goodfellas - Gangster yarn with great cast.
My Cousin Vinnie - Great under-rated comedy
Shawshank Redemption - My favourite movie of all time!

Steve

Yes I love shawshank and yh love the twist in usual suspect good films, I like Anthony Hopkins and Morgan freeman films oh and denzel Washington will put whole list up 2m too tired today hope everyone doing ok xx

Fargo is brilliant! I love it. Shawshank Redemption is wonderful too, the book is amazing. As is Inception!

I think someone mentioned Greenberg? I meant to watch it a while ago but forgot, shall stick it on this weeks list.
:)

Today I watched The Switch, it was alright but a bit predictable. Can't complain too much though, Patrick Wilson is very nice to look at!

Agreed Fargo is a great film :) I watched the Argentinian film "The Secret in their Eyes" to give it its English name....thought it was amazing, up there in my top 20. A few others I love:

Scarface
Dumb & Dumber
Inception
Rec
The Notebook
Changeling
Wall Street (have 2 to watch tonight)
The Orphan
Stir Crazy
Pink Panther
Bullshot
See No Evil, Hear no Evil
Uncle Buck

Oooh I could go on all night :) love films! xx

Saw the King's Speech on Saturday and loved it - unlike the bloke behind us who snored through chunks of it. :D

I was told Black Swan was a bit scary - my mother is keen to see it and I don't think she was convinced it wasn't like a modern Ballet Shoes!

Highly recommend Usual Suspects and Shawshank and generally anything by the Coen brothers especially The Big Lebowski. Can't wait to see Jeff Bridges in their True Grit - the trailer looked great.

Me and Hubby watched The Tourist the other night with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. It was very good with a shocking twist at the end ;)

Also we are about to watch Unstoppable so will let you know if it's any good x

Hardly drink, don't smoke, don't really spend money on clothes - so the few pounds I have usually go towards cinema tickets or dvds ;)

Kings Speech: loved it, Colin Firth is brilliant

127 Hours: did not think you could have a movie about a guy stuck in a hole but it was really gripping with a "watch through the fingers"-end

The Tourist: really enjoyed that too

River of No Return: yes, brought me back to times when I used to watch films with my granddad, still enjoyed it

PS I Love You: awwww :tear_drop:

Mirror has 2 faces: really good and funny, B.Streisand as the "ugly" sister who gets her act together and takes finally her destiny in her own hands

Right these are necessarily my fav but good to watch, it's hard to remember when u need to:

Hannibal collection(eg silence of the lambs) usual suspects, fracture, awake, meet the parents/dockers, my girl, dark knight, satc 1&2, notebook, shawshank, home alone 1&2, changeling, my sisters keeper (although book is way way better), man on fire, shaft, pass it forward (a real good movie), hangover, American pies, due date, the expendables, shrek all, hitch, bad boys 1&2, the women, 88 minutes, blindside(another must see), a mighty heart, see no evil hear no evil, Philadelphia, seven, taking of Pelham, déjà vu, collateral, zodiac, all of the 'oceans', righteous kill, the recruit, million dollar baby, along came a spider, sum of all fears I got loads to go but best stop there lol xx

F.A.O. Cocktail Princess

NEVER BE ASHAMED TO GO TO A KIDS FILM (when you've got no kids to drag to it..)

The last 'family/kids' film that the six of us saw was Megamind and we are all planning to go and see Rapunzel too!! (The six of us range in age from 'the baby' of the group (22) to the eldest pair (both 37))!!!

My favourite (although not so recent) film is Inside Man starring Clive Owen & Denzel Washington. When I left the cinema all I thought was 'Damn! I wish I'd written that script!!'. A good crime caper.

My favourite 'weepy' (and I cry EVERY TIME - why do I do it to myself?!!?!) is called Devdas (Bollywood film - it's got subtitles). I love the fact that most of the Indian films have aspects of many genres to them (dance, comedy, musical, drama). I also have much love for Shahrukh Khan *swoon*

F.A.O. Cocktail Princess

NEVER BE ASHAMED TO GO TO A KIDS FILM (when you've got no kids to drag to it..)

The last 'family/kids' film that the six of us saw was Megamind and we are all planning to go and see Rapunzel too!! (The six of us range in age from 'the baby' of the group (22) to the eldest pair (both 37))!!!

Thanks doll! I shall don my 3D glasses with pride (and forget trying NOT to look like the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)

will let you know about Rapunzel (Tangled? Entangled?)

Aw I love films!

Saw black swan! Brilliant.
Inception is amazing
Salt I loved
Watched my sisters keeper again last night sob sob
The book of Eli was good
So many to mention. X

Fatty_no_more said:
Aw I love films!

Saw black swan! Brilliant.
Inception is amazing
Salt I loved
Watched my sisters keeper again last night sob sob
The book of Eli was good
So many to mention. X

Oh yeah salt!! Good film xx

I wasn't totally sure about the book of Eli.
Don't know why. But I do normally love his films. Man on fire was INCREDIBLE!

I saw a preview for 'The Fighter' a film with Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale in - it looked awesome!!! I am also VERY VERY excited about the new Fast film - Fast Five, not only does it have Vin Diesel and Paul Walker, but it has Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in - HUBBA! xxx

Thanks doll! I shall don my 3D glasses with pride (and forget trying NOT to look like the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)

will let you know about Rapunzel (Tangled? Entangled?)

Hi Chixtix, great to see that someone else appreciates these kind of films!! Dai's not one for the cinema unfortunately although he did come and see The King's Speech with me last week- the last time was Sherlock Holmes on Boxing Day in 2009! Because of my shifts I am quite often free when others aren't, such as in the daytime, so I sometimes go on my lonesome- sitting on my own sporting a pair of funky 3D goggles is even more amusing!! It's pure chill-out time though and I love it!! Perhaps I'll go and see Tangled soon!X

Can I just throw 'Marley & Me' into the mix?!! And 'Hatchi'- if you like dogs, neither are to be missed!! Infact you don't even have to be a dog-lover! You just have to be human! I cried and cried and cried, particularly in the latter, and for a good hour afterwards!!X

Back