Have you seen any good films lately?!

Oh, Gawd- Marley and Me?:cry::cry::cry:

*snifs and pulls self together*

Come with me tonight, Hev? Pop over to Wigan and we can all go together, looking daft in our x-ray specs :cool:

cocktailprincess said:
Oh, Gawd- Marley and Me?:cry::cry::cry:

*snifs and pulls self together*

Come with me tonight, Hev? Pop over to Wigan and we can all go together, looking daft in our x-ray specs :cool:

Wouldn't that be cool (although geeky lol) !! We seriously have to meet up sometime though! X

Great shout, The Silence of The Lambs - a fantastic movie - pity about the sequels where it got silly (and lost Jodie Foster too of course).

As a bloke, I have probably enjoyed "chick-flix" as much as my partners over the years! The Bridget Jones movies are great entertainment,

Some combinations work - Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan for example. My favourite combination however is Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore. These are certainly a "guilty pleasure" alongside Reservoir Dogs, Leon, etc.

Another favourite genre of mine are 80s teen movies - probably as they were near the time I was a teen etc,

Some Kind of Wonderful (I'd marry Mary Stuart Masterson tomorrow!), The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, etc.

For escapism, I loved both The Wanderers and The Warriors! - must see movies from the old VHS days lol.

Dumb & Dumber & Airplane for sheer laugh-out loud laughs.

I lost count after 5000 movies when I once tried to catalogue them all. Some I record and never get around too watching - too many films too little time:cool:

Love Princess Bride!!! Also saw Black Swan and it's ace. Liked Kings speech too.

A good chick flick I saw last week was Morning Glory. It was a good light hearted Saturday film.

And I saw Never Let Me Go which was absolutely heartbreaking but brilliant!

Well- went to see 'Tangled' (new 3D disney about Rapunzel) last night and it was brilliant!

Really funny- great characters. There is another thread on here about manipulative parents and I couldn't help laughing at the wicked stepmother character "I found you because I followed the smell of betrayal"- LOLOL

It was my friends 1st 3D film and she kept screaming and throwing the glasses off- very embarassing!!!

Well- went to see 'Tangled' (new 3D disney about Rapunzel) last night and it was brilliant!

Really funny- great characters. There is another thread on here about manipulative parents and I couldn't help laughing at the wicked stepmother character "I found you because I followed the smell of betrayal"- LOLOL

It was my friends 1st 3D film and she kept screaming and throwing the glasses off- very embarassing!!!

Ooh glad you enjoyed it!! I'm definitely going to see it now after your recommendation!! I love that your friend was acting like a 3 year old teehee!! Speak soon, my turn to reply to your pm!!x

I have just watched Unstoppable, it was a fantastic film based around a true story with Denzel Washington in it.
Throughout the whole film it had me hanging off my seat wondering what was going to happen x

Have to agree about unstoppable-loved it plus Chris pine isn't so bad to look at :p

The kings speech I thought was very good-not what I expected and the humour in it was a nice addition

I'm a bit of a film junkie..seen too many (if that's poss lol)

So many good films in this post, I've just added a few more to my watch list for this week!

Another film I'm really looking forward to seeing is Biutiful with the lovely Javier Bardem in it (swoon!). I really want to see Never Let Me Go too, seems like a lot of good cinema about at the moment.

I watched "I love you Phillip Morris" today.
Was really really good!!
Will totally watch it again before I send it back to lovefilm.

So many good films in this post, I've just added a few more to my watch list for this week!

Another film I'm really looking forward to seeing is Biutiful with the lovely Javier Bardem in it (swoon!). I really want to see Never Let Me Go too, seems like a lot of good cinema about at the moment.

This time of year is always great for films because of all the awards events!

I watched a movie in bed last night on Film Four. Wasnt planned but was flicking through channels and decided to watch it.
It was called Shutter, a horror movie but it wasnt very scary, good movie though with a twist at the end ;)

Went to see Tangled last night it was AWESOME!!! Absolutely loved it, it was so funny! Also another good film I've seen lately is 127 hours. Really liked that although it's a bit grizzly...

So glad a couple have posted about 127hrs as I fancied this bit didn't know if it would be worth it. I saw a trailer at the cinema a while back so might have to give that a go!

Tangled is just fab isn't it :D

I love all movies with Denzel Washington - that guy is just a great actor!

I watched Kings Speech last week - great movie with amazing acting!
Tangled - Loved it!
Ps I Love YOu - I really enjoy it (but not as good as the book ;))
Saw the Tourist a couple of weeks back, that was great.

Yeah 127 hours is ace, brilliant acting by James Franco, I would recommend!

Didn't enjoy Neds much but did like The Dilemma, Kings Speech and The Next Three Days.

Back