Haven't started yet

I know it seems expensive, but remember you won't be spending ANYTHING on food for yourself, apparently single people confirm they end up with more money left at the end of the month so its costing less on LL than it does to eat. Obviously its harder to confirm that when you are married as it doesn't cost double to feed 2 but still.

I say to myself I would have eaten at least £40 of food, therefore I am only paying £26/week more which is still a lot but makes it seem rational in my mind. I then think ok, 26 x 14 is 364. Meaning I have (sort of) only spent £364 over 3 and a half months to greatly improve my health. My health is worth a lot more than that!

Anyway I'm not trying to sell it, I know lots of people have achieved the same results with cambridge. I'm just explaining how I justify the cost to myself.

Hope one of the counsellors get back to you soon anyway, I think its important once you have made the decision to confirm your commitment even if it is for after the new year.

Good luck with everything!

mags
xxxx

I've done it!!!!!!!!!

Well, my local LighterLife Counsellor called me earlier and she really sounds so nice...you know when you get a feeling about something.
Had another long chat with my hubby and we have sorted the finance side of it, so I called her back and put my name down to start in January! I'll go and meet her and get a medical form next week.
If you have been following my Cream Slice thread on WeMITTS, then you'll know I've had a good few days, but now I've put my name down I feel even more determined. May be I can get down to 18st by then. You never know.
I feel so good at the moment, I just hope it continues.

I am going to try and be REALLY good from now to January, tell myself it will be even quicker to lose less weight.

Woohoo!

Hi Steph,
I am really pleased that you have commited yourself to starting in January! You wont regret it. I think that you have made the right decision to start then rather than now. You will be so focused and ready. Good luck in the meantime.
xx

good luck!

stick to your plans and you will never look back!

mags
xxx

Hi Steph
Best of luck with your journey when ever you start. I had to wait about two weeks before I could start my group and I gained about 4lbs in that time knowing at the back of my mind I was starting and had several last suppers and 'Treats'. I had a tough first week because of the carb withdrawl and felt quite rotten for the first 3 days. I would suggest that you take Christmas in as much moderation as you can but don't feel guilty when you can't. A big thing with LL is learning to take Adult responsibility for what you choose to do. With the stress of moving house, a toddler and Christmas you are really going to have your hands full. Make sure you have some 'me time' that doesn't involve food and you will be able to start the New Year feeling very positive and having enjoyed Christmas.

Lots and lots of luck.

Back