Having a day off?

MikiMooMoo

Does anyone else take a day off from dieting??....

Whether i have a good or bad week, i just feel i need to stop thinking and obsessing abt healthy foods.
Don't actually think this helps, but ive been doing it for so long, its become bad habit.

Anyone have any tips on how i can stop myself from doing this..:)

I think if you can have a meal or a day off every once in a while, maybe even every week and get back on it the next day it can't do too much harm within reason. If your like me and cant stop for weeks then it's a bit of a no no!

I used to have one every week but I wasn't losing and it was a waste so now i don't

I eat what I want and when I want and I am finally. Losing weight x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you ever noticed that if you have a day off you usually sts as long as you've been good the other 6 days?

This is my incentive to not take a day off yet. It's proof I can maintain. I want to lose 3 more stone till I'm maintaining!

Tomorrows gonna be my 1st day of sticking to my eating plan. Have been saving some extra calories to cover my crisps and a curly wurly lol.

Just hope the devil doesnt get the better of me!!

I would have a treat day but log all your calories. I do that now rather than just going to pot with it. Means I have still got a little bit of control but i'm enjoying it.

Don't forget it takes 3500 calories to undo your hard work. When I've actually counted my days I've NEVER managed to eat that on top of my daily allowance...

I have a higher amount of calories on the weekends, but I use a wee spreadsheet to tot up my totals and I know I've not gone too much over

And one other thing - do not feel guilty about it. You can have a day off, its not a big deal on the grand scheme of things. 1 day is 1 day, don't let it become a week or a month, because thats how the damage occurs

Cheers H, i must have eaten zillions then last week, as i,d put on 3lb!....

Had bad start to this week (my WD is a thursday), so weekends are never good for me anyway. But ive upped my game since monday, so if i sts this week i'll be happy, and just keep going. And yes ur right, its finding a balance. Maybe i,ll allow my self some higher calories over the weekend, then calm down again?

I know the science behind 3500 = 1lb but it doesn't affect everyone the same. I know that if I ate an extra 3500 calories in a day, I'd gain 2 or 3lbs.

I can put a pound by eating a few hundred calories extra.

aye but sometimes it'll be water retention or food weight in your body (especially if you are the kind of person to not go to the toilet very often). If you have a big takeout, its filled with salt/sugar, which causes water retention.

I agree that it doesn't always look that way on the scales, but it does all eventually work out, even if it takes a week, or a few days. That's why you sometimes gain lots that you don't deserve, and why people find they lose a lot of weight on a "back to the diet" week.

Yes H, i guess that makes more sense. Thats why i always go off the rails!.... I see a big gain, then think, wot the hell. Well, im gonna try and not binge on a thursday..... Thanks for the advice x

hannata said:
aye but sometimes it'll be water retention or food weight in your body (especially if you are the kind of person to not go to the toilet very often). If you have a big takeout, its filled with salt/sugar, which causes water retention.

I agree that it doesn't always look that way on the scales, but it does all eventually work out, even if it takes a week, or a few days. That's why you sometimes gain lots that you don't deserve, and why people find they lose a lot of weight on a "back to the diet" week.

Iexcept it doesn't come back off for me unless I diet very hard. If I follow it up with a similar week, I have a similar gain. Its not water; it's glycogen. Ive seen me put several pounds on in a week by eating no more than an extra 10000 over the course of the week then something similar the next week.

If it was water weight or food weight itd come off if eating normally but it doesn't.

I had a weekend off and I'm still sporting a 3lb gain from it so it's not something I recommend tbh!

I had an evening off last weekend and put on 3lbs...mainly thanks to a Takeaway and whole bottle of wine....it's now down to 2. I weigh in tomorrow and have been good as gold since last Sunday night. Hoping i can claw back a bit

My weight gain last week put me on a 3 day bender!!
Woke up monday morning thinking, right! No more bingeing!!!
Managed to get half a pound off, and am happy with it. However do have the painters comn, so prob am retaining water in my ankles! Lol....

Just keep going, im sure you will have a lose tomorrow...fingers crossed for ya! :)

No i like to be 100% i end up all or nothing so i cant lose control x

My next day off will be my birthday on the 30th April, and I will binge lol big time but enjoy it too, cause by then I'd of hoped to of lost a stone Atleast. I am saving my big Easter egg til then haha and there will be alcohol take away and of course cake! Haha I can't wait haha what I do as well, is I have a 'stash box' (just an old quality street tin' and the boyfriend likes to come home with the odd choccy bar for me and general bad things, (even though he knows I'm trying to loose weight, I swear he's a feeder! Haha) so I stick them in the tin until I have a day off and hey presto secret choccy stash haha x

Back