Having a 'fat' day :(

I will succeed!!!
Just been shopping for a few holiday bits and back home feeling like cr*p.

You know those days, where you look in the mirror and EVERYTHING looks horrid? It's bad enough shopping when you're feeling unhappy with weight, but there are those really bad days.

And meant to be going out tonight but now feel so poo I have veto-ed every outfit I own.

Sorry, just feel really fed up now :(

Awww! I know those days. Look at yourself though...you've lost nearly 10lbs. All those clothes that you've said no to...think how much worse they'd have looked on you a few weeks ago? Hmm!!! LOL!

It's not compulsory to go out - if I'm a mood like yours it's dangerous ground. It's when I'm most likely to say sod SW and drink loads and eat whatever. But if you can summon up the strength, it might be good to get out there, get distracted from your fat feelings and have some fun.

Just look at what you've achieved so far. And you've got even better ahead of you.

*hugs*

Now come on Hun! It's not that bad! You've already lost 9lbs! You're doing well and we all have down days. Make a list, (I'm a big believer in lists!) of everything you've achieved since you started SW, and give yourself a HUGE pat on the back! OK you might not feel 100% about your body image at the mo, but you're doing something about it and in 2,3,6 months you will be in smaller clothes and feeling really good about yourself. And you will remember today and congratulate yourself that you will never feel as down abourt your appearance as you do today. PS GO OUT and enjoy yourself! That's an order!

Thanks Hellie - gonna go cause it's a cool burlesque and parlour party at a club. I am driving so safe from booze, but not a big drinker anyway in hot weather.

Had a word with self and sorted out an outfit - jeans and a cute top. Will just have to get over self ;)

Thanks xxx

That does sound cool! Let me know what it's like (and where you go to something like that...it's rather racy for the Lakes!)

Bet your outfit looks fab, skinny minny :D

Have a good time x

TALK ABOUT DRAMA!!!

So I went out (after dressing up my more casual outfit with sparkley makeup and accessories hehe) and the night was rather...odd!

The bar I went to was a teeny spot in Carlisle (I live 30miles south where we don't have much burlesque Hellie lol). It was one of those places where everyone is a little kooky and fun and it was really lovely. There was one door at the front and as it was a special event you had to pay to get in so there was somebody by the door all the time. Well, we were having lots of fun playing 'parlour games' (which were just normal board games, but we did get a bit competitive at connect 4!). There were 8 at our table, which was teeny, so I put my handbag at my feet given it was a small spot and didn't seem to place to worry about such things. Anyway, a while later someone tapped me on the shoulder, handed me my bag and asked me to check the contents. He then said some bloke had come in, sat right behind me and they wondered what he was doing as he was sat really low in his chair. But the burlesque was mid flow so they didn't pay much attention. They spotted him with an i-phone and realised what he was up to and as they were about to say something, he saw them looking, dropped the bag and left sharpish.

I hadn't even realised someone was so close behind me, nor had anyone from my group realised - which shows how sneaky he was.

Anyway, my phone was there thankfully - I pin-code lock it so that might be why he left it. But £30 was missing. My friends are mates with the bar owner and he grabbed my hand and dragged me after this bloke much to my shock. He saw a guy wearing the yellow t-shirt as described and followed collared him (I was a bit taken back as I hate contfrontation and it wasn't worth it fot £30 blummin' quid). Turned out it was him as two bouncers helped this mate-of-a-mate collar him - and they said he's renowned for pick-pocketing, handbag theft and had been barred from all pubs etc until last week!!! Despite being the city, it's still quite 'small townish' and I was shocked at him going after the cretin!

It seems the bar we were in were too trusting - the girl at the door remembered letting him in 'for a sec while I see if my mate's here' and he'd only been in 10 minutes.

I grew up in a big city in the UK and spent 18months living in a huge city in the USA, so should be more street wise than to leave my bag under a table. I think moving to a more rural spot has made me complacent...

...live it! Learn it!

Other than that it was a good night - especially as I was chatted up twice (!) proving I'm not as bad as I think eh?

Well, can't say it was an uneventful night: tittie tassles, chat-ups and crime fighting...TGI Sunday ;-) xxx

P.S thanks for the messages xxxx

:giggle: What a good story! I mean, not great about the drama, but overall, a good story!

It goes to show though...I spend quite a lot of time in the lakes (my folks used to have a static near Newby Bridge)...but even where there's still that sense of safety and community - people still leaving their doors unlocked and things like that...that wherever you go there are scroats who will try to pinch stuff!!!

So did the thief give you your £30?!

And... *high five* for being chatted up :D

Back