Having a really bad day :(

holiday-dieter

Silver Member
I'm feeling really depressed today and feel very fat :( and feeling like it's going to take forever to be a normal weight. Doesn't help housemates gorging on things I can't look at without putting weight on. Just wish you could wake up slim lol :( I'm in need of cheering up before I reach for the chocolate!

I would love to wake up slim! Unfortunately for us, that's not going to happen overnight!

If you have a chocolate binge, you will regret it and it will make you feel even worse. If you fancy some, have a curly wurly or something relatively low syn and enjoy every bite - you don't need to deprive yourself, just don't have the big blowout you sound like you are thinking about!!

If you want to avoid chocolate, try to have something "good" to hand that you can snack on. I always have a big bowl of fruit salad made up in the fridge, and I reach for that when I feel like I need a snack.

We all have ups and downs on this journey. I STS at weigh in today, after a pretty c**p week, but I'm trying to turn it into the motivation I need - a kick up the bum to keep me going and get a good loss this week. Even little weight losses will add up, and help us achieve the slim figures we are after! You can do this, it's just going to take a bit of time to get there.

Firstly:

brad.jpg

Secondly:

We all get like this from time to time, everyone on this forum knows how you feel. I had a bit of a binge this weekend and it was the first thing I thought about this morning, I felt immediately awful about it. But then I sat down and totted up my syns and figured out I only used 56 syns so I'm left with nearly 50 to see me through the next 5 days until weigh in. That's doable, I can even eat a Malteaster bunny every day if I want!

At times like this I try to do something to take my mind off it that helps me feel more prepared- I'm about to go and cut up all my fruit for the next couple of days and make a big portion of soup for lunch through the week. I know some people like to mooch about the internet and find a gorgeous dress for when they get to target, anything to keep you on track. Just don't give up- you'll feel even worse. Come back for help if you need it xx

We all get fed up & wonder what on earth we are doing. But remember when the 'I want crap' feeling strikes you can have some, just count the syns. You are doing SW for a reason & if you eat as much as your housemates you'll end up feeling bad about yourself.

Be proud of what you've acheived so far, be proud of having syns which are within your allowance.

Don't sit there feeling like you're the odd one out & you're being deprived because you're not. We are all sat here & most of us can honestly say we've been where you are now. In time it will get easier. You've done the best thing coming on here & sharing your thoughts, that will help keep you on track.

Good luck & enjoy your syns:D

holiday-dieter said:
I'm feeling really depressed today and feel very fat :( and feeling like it's going to take forever to be a normal weight. Doesn't help housemates gorging on things I can't look at without putting weight on. Just wish you could wake up slim lol :( I'm in need of cheering up before I reach for the chocolate!

Seriously - eat the housemate before the chocolate. They are more nutritious :)

We all get days like these. They come when you least expect it. In my case whenever I am about to go out for the evening. Just remember you didn't get overweight overnight, it doesn't come off overnight & honestly stop putting all this pressure on yourself x

Agree with what others have said, hang in there. Find something else to enjoy, my fave is 0% greek yog and pineapple nom nom x

Back