having surgery - when can i start packs again?

emmalu25

hey, don't know if anyone can help me, but i'm having my gall bladder out (keyhole) in a couple of weeks and i wondered if you knew how soon after the op i could have packs again? just a bit worried that it'll interfere with healing, so i won't until i'm ready, but a guideline would be great :)

I think the guideline is 3 months. Lady from my group has had big cyst removed and is just back on them. Think you have to come off them beforehand for a while too to help healing. Good luck with the op xx

I think it's best to ask your surgeon. LL will give general guidelines whereas he should give you the specific correct advice for you and your op.
I've got an op coming up myself and I plan on taking the surgeon's advice.
Hope all goes well.

If its just keyhole it could be a much less time. I was told if I had my hip surgery it would be 3 months until I could - but if it was keyhol it could be a week?? I know Foxtrot had keyhole on her knee while at the beginning - prob the best on here to know!

Why not just ask the surgeon though? Foxtrot's medical circumstances could be very different. My op is also keyhole but I will feel safest with advice from a doctor that knows exactly what my operation and circumstances are.

My op was just a day keyhole on my knee. I had to be out of ketosis for the anaesthetic but I was back on the packs the day after.

You're having something to do with your digestive system, I'd certainly ask the surgeon who is doing the op but you could also contact the LL doctor too.

What ever the official advice, Lighter Life isn't going anywhere!! Get well first!! And good luck!!!!

thanks a lot guys :) i will definitely ask the surgeon, and yeah i'm not on the packs at the moment. god i hope it's not 3 months though! i'm going on holiday in june and i need to lose some more before i go lol. must be sensible though :rolleyes:

Back