Havn't told anyone this yet....

Kellie=]

Silver Member
but im going to Rome on Sunday.
and I plan to eat.
and Im scared.
Im on day 56 today- with my 9th week weigh in tomorrow. I have so far lost 30lbs and gone from 13.13- 11.11.
I am totally focused and nothing but the foodpacks has passed my lips since January 19th- I have remained focused 100% but the thought of eating scares the hell out of me.
The truth is- My boyfriend got me the trip for my birthday (3 nights 4 days) and he has told me that he wants me to eat on the trip- and I want to too. I really dont want to be stressing about milkshakes and soups when im in the middle of Italy.
I have known that Im going to eat since day 1- and I dunno whats wrong with me this week I feel so scared that Its going to completly throw me off.
My plan is to have a carb free breakfast- plently of water in between a LL bar for lunch and protein/salad/ veg for dinner.
I really dont want people to tell me not to do it because I want to :D its something that I decided a long time ago- I guess its because its a planned "lapse" that I feel like a failure.
Does anyone know whats wrong with me?!?! i feel like crap :( xxx:cry:

Kellie=];538649 said:
but im going to Rome on Sunday.
and I plan to eat.
and Im scared.
Im on day 56 today- with my 9th week weigh in tomorrow. I have so far lost 30lbs and gone from 13.13- 11.11.
I am totally focused and nothing but the foodpacks has passed my lips since January 19th- I have remained focused 100% but the thought of eating scares the hell out of me.
The truth is- My boyfriend got me the trip for my birthday (3 nights 4 days) and he has told me that he wants me to eat on the trip- and I want to too. I really dont want to be stressing about milkshakes and soups when im in the middle of Italy.
I have known that Im going to eat since day 1- and I dunno whats wrong with me this week I feel so scared that Its going to completly throw me off.
My plan is to have a carb free breakfast- plently of water in between a LL bar for lunch and protein/salad/ veg for dinner.
I really dont want people to tell me not to do it because I want to :D its something that I decided a long time ago- I guess its because its a planned "lapse" that I feel like a failure.
Does anyone know whats wrong with me?!?! i feel like crap :( xxx:cry:

You sound strong, and that you know exactly what you are doing, so as long as you stick to what you say you're going to eat, and know 110% that you can get back on the plan as soon as you get home, you should be ok. When I did LL i went to Spain and ate, personally that was my down-fall, but I obviously wasn't strong enough, and let food get the better of me....again. Have a lovely trip.

Hi hun...I have to agree with Donna...make sure you are confident you can get back on track. I did CD last year and on week 6 I ended up going out for a meal. I'm not sure why but I just couldn't get back on track. I think it's maybe because when you start you are so determined because you are unhappy with the way you look. Not you've lost over 2 stone do you think you'll have the same determination? Remeber how awful the first week of the diet is...can you go through that again? If you can then go for it. But I think it's a little unfair of your boyfriend to say that he wants you to eat. That is your decision and by him saying that it puts pressure on you which is a little unfair.

Whatever you decide you know wer're here for you when you get back.

Have fun xxx

Hi Kellie,

I think if you stick to your plan of eating that way, you will minimise the damage. Go and have fun, so it may take you a week or two longer to get to your goal but in the greater scheme of things you will have had a fantastic time in Rome.
I know you will be straight back on the wagon when you are back, besides if you are not I will come and kick your behind :)

I can understand your feeling of fear at the moment I feel the same the thought of food scares me silly.

Good luck!

Tan

Hey Kellie, lucky ur going to Italy! Have a gr8 time! Well all the best in eating! I think u will be fine! I mean, stick to the no carb bit and eat ur protein with salad, all i can suggest is eat the portion of the size of a quarter plate and u will be fine! Don't eat enough to make u bloat! and yes don't drink anything else apart from your water.

I think you should have a shake for Breakfast, and have 1 bar and then your protein dinner, maybe that would be good, but good luck honey and enjoy yourself!

xx

Kelli i managed to get in to my healthy body mass the other week and i went straight back to conventional food because i had events to go to and felt it wasnt practical to keep on going with RTM.
Everyone told me i would find it impossible to keep the weight off but so far i have not changed at all. I am eating a good stable diet and dont have the temptation to eat any snacks. For example i was so hungry yesterday and went to the big petrol station. Pre lighter life i would have picked up a sandwich and some crisps but when i looked at the calorific values i just couldnt believe it and instead bought two bottles of water.

So in regards to your opening statement LL have guidelines in place to help you lose weight. I think that you seem like a sensible person and therefore you can make your own rules depending on how you feel. Your trip to Rome is something you want to get the full experience of and presumably italien food is part of that. A bit of fear is always a good thing in my eyes so my advice will be see it as a reward for your endevour thus far and get ready to attack your weight loss when you come back. Just because other people have created doubts in your head about returning to the programme after a break doesnt mean you will fall in to this category, you define the way you want to reach your goal.

Kellie don't feel crap about it - relax and enjoy looking forward to your holiday and enjoy being there. You're an adult and yes you're making an adult decision to eat, if you think about it sensibly and enjoy it for what it is you are much more likely to come back after the holiday and get straight back on the diet.

Last year when doing LL I knew all along that I was going to eat when I went to the States, I was there for 3 weeks and ate quite happily, came home and continued to eat for 2 days as it was my sons graduation in the RAF - next day I went straight back on the packs and continued losing ..... stuck with it no problem ---- it can be done!

xx

How fantastic Kellie! Have a GREAT time!!! What a swell gift!

You are a sensible gal Kellie. As you knew from the begninng (even though you kept it from u! :whoopass: :D), follow your heart. If you know you can go off, and back on, then I believe you will. Do your best not to get carried away and dive into any Tiramisu or anything like that though!!

Just come on back her, jump back on, and go for it again.

Just keep your head in the right place. ;) I really would not suggest or encourage this to many - but I believe you will be OK.

Kellie go and enjoy yourself and dont go mad. Remember when you finish LL you wont be able to binge anyway so just pretend you are trying to maintain.

You may find it difficult when you get back, but remember you have us lot here to support you and try and get you back on track. Dont be frightend just follow your own instincts.

Good luck and have an absolutely wonderful time.

thanks guys :D really feel better about it now. Think Im just stressing about nothing really- tbh I know I wont be ABLE to pig out as i feel bloated off a milkshake at the moment!
I will be fine :D and back on here late next week- Ill let you all know how I do at my weigh in tomorrow guys. thanks for the advice :)
Really couldnt do this without you all! xxxxxxx

Back