hayley_jaynes weight loss journey!

hayley_jayne

Here I am, 29 years old and still really quite overweight. Here I hope to record my progress on battling the bulge :).

My new me started this Monday (weighing 14' 10) and I have just completed 5 days on lipotrim. I have decided that as a new mum with a young baby this isn't the best option for me. I also realise from how difficult I have found five days on lipotrim that I really need to address what made me overweight in the first place.

So I have decided to do a 1200 calorie a day diet initially and set myself a goal of low level cardio at the gym 3 times a week. I haven't ate yet today as have not thought though menu plans yet and will need to go shopping as was initially planning doing lipotim for two weeks not five days LOL! Therefore, OH has bought food for himself to that date as we normally eat together.

I'll be looking to post here with what I have ate, weigh-ins, gym updates etc. Just hope I do a bit better this time around!

I hope to break the calories down as follows:
* 300 calorie breakfast
* 100 calorie mid morning snack
* 300 calorie lunch
* 50 calorie mid-afternoon snack
* 450 calorie dinner

This might take a while to tweak but I really need to push myself to eat a healthy breakfast!

Hayley x

Last edited:
good luck :)

Thanks guys, I will try!

OK, this is my list of food today. I'll add to it later as I eat more!

Breakfast:

None :(

Lunch:

1 serving covent garden tomato soup (132kcal)
Activia Yogurt (67kcal)

Tea:

Chicken mini fillets (240kcal)
Cous Cous / Butternut Squash / Wheatberry salad (297kcal)

Snacks:
Fresh Organic Orange Juice (95kcal)

Drinks:

4 cups of tea w/ semi skimmed (80kcal)
Can Coke Zero (2kcal) :eek:
Diet Coke - at party! (2kcal)

Total - 918kcal

Hayley x

Last edited:
Wow, heading towards a week down already! I didn't have quite enough calories yesterday but managed to eat quite healthily. I am going to make sure I have all of them today. I need to see this as a long term life-style change as opposed to a 'diet' if I am really going to see it through.

Last night I manged to get through a party with no alcohol or nibbles so I think that was an achievement!

H x

Breakfast:

Chicken mini fillets (240kcal)
Pasta Salad (230kcal)

:eek: Hmmm, wierd brekkie I know but was feeling very hungry this morning LOL

Lunch:

Slimfast Choc Shake (210kcal) - Total waste as this was horrible!

Tea:

Chicken Roast Dinner (600kcal) - Went to dads for tea and had a small portion so this is a guesstimate.

Snacks:

None

Drinks:

5 cups of tea w/ semi skimmed (100kcal)
2 Coke Zero cans (4kcal)

Total - 1384kcal???

Hayley you must do better!!!!!

H x

Last edited:
Just worked out my BMR is 2039, this will increase if I can strt getting to the gym! :p

Although I first got weighed last Monday afternoon I have decide to make my weigh day Sunday evenings so I can see it as the end of a week. My weigh ins are dressed but no shoes after tea.

I am so delighted as have lost 7lbs :D. As I am doing the 1200 calorie a day diet now I am hoping to go to the gym a bit and aim for 2-3lbs per week.

H x

well done on your loss

Total - 1384kcal???

Hayley you must do better!!!!!

H x

that calorie intake isnt bad, you are bound to loose weight if you've been eating more than 2000 calories anyway :) so don't be to hard on yourself :rolleyes:

Breakfast:

2 Crumpets w/ 10g Lurpak - 253kcal

Lunch:

M & S Veg Lasagne - 320kcal

Tea:

2 WW wraps - 208kcal
1 Tomato - 32 kcal
Mozerrella - 145kcal
Rocket / Red Onion - ?? Guess @ 20kcal

Snacks:
Cadburys Light Trifle - 130kcal

Drinks:

Plus a naughty 11pm piece of gammon (guess 200kcal) *cries*

Total - 1379kcal

Last edited:
that calorie intake isnt bad, you are bound to loose weight if you've been eating more than 2000 calories anyway :) so don't be to hard on yourself :rolleyes:

Awww thanks :D

I am really pleased with myself today as have come in pretty much on target. I have also been shopping and have bought lots of nice healthy food. I have made a jelly tonight and put a gammon joint in the slow cooker so tomorrow should be good.

H x

High Protein breakfasts are great for losing weight,so having chicken is great lol! even if it is weird! i eat egg whites for mine everyday x

Good luck! :) I would say to add some more protein in the morning though.. to stop hunger as much as anything ;)

Thanks both of you :)

I actually had a bit of a glitch last night, my gammon had finished cooking and I nicked a piece, not completely awful I know but I hoped I would have more will power this early on. :cry:

So guess I'll add 200kcal (guess) to yesterdays total. Just wish I wouldn't sabotage myself. I wanted to do well this week as am going to the races and my initial aim was to lose 9lbs to go.

Point taken about the protein, now if I could have just hung on until this morning to start eating gammon LOL!

OK, today is a new day :).

H x

Proteins good at any time,helps develop muscle growth/repair and aids in weight loss,people always tell me to eat it before i go bed but I'm never hungry then so i give it a miss lol

Only problem with Bacon/Gammon or any kind of pork is that its got quite a high fat level.

Tuna is a god send for protein near zero fat,zero carbs just pretty much pure protein :D

Thanks for the advice, I will bear that in mind :).

I have actually been to the gym today!!!! I just used the treadmill and burned 130 calories (30 mins, 1.5miles, 2% incline for most). Taking it easy at the moment as had a c-section in October last year and am very unfit. It feels good to have made an effort to go. If I can go 2-3 times a week I think it will make a big difference to how I feel about myself as well as speed up weight loss. I am going to ring to spend some time with one of the gym instructors to get a program planned to follow. I am quite goal orientated so that will be good.

Also booked a hair appointment for Sat morning before the races so that might make me feel better!

H x

Breakfast:

Kellogs Rice Crispie Square - 118kcal

Lunch:

4 pieces hovis - 212kcal
Gammon - 164kcal
Tomato - 25kcal
Salad - 20kcal

Tea:

Chicken breast, skin on (whoops) - 200kcal
Baked Potato - 200kcal
Chicken Tonight Sauce - 140kcal
Salad - 20kcal
Tomato - 25kcal
Jelly - 50kcal
Creme Fraiche - 60kcal

Snacks:
Cadburys Light Trifle - 130kcal

Drinks:

Supper (ooooh had a blow out!):

1 WW wrap - 102kcal
Gammon - 200kcal
Mayonaise - 50kcal

Total: 1798kcal - 130kcal (exercise) =1668kcal

Although I haven't done particularly well today I am happy with this. I have come on my period today and normally that triggers eating more than normal. So back on the wagon tomorrow and I am going to try really hard for a 1200 day!!!

H x

Back