Hayleys Diary!

Hayley85

Day one of my new healthy lifestyle!

After going my first Slimming World meet lastnight and getting my starting weight, i went to the supermarket and stocked up on plenty of free foods and snacks! Iv decided to do SWs Extra Easy. I woke up this morning totally ready for it - unlike other 'diets' where iv dreaded the starting day and give it the whole 'il start it tomorrow' thing!

Breakfast:
2x weetabix topped with a vanilla muller light yogurt and chopped banana, which i prepared the night before and put into the fridge.

Dinner:
1x bachelors tomato & herb pasta
1x toffee muller light yogurt
1x apple

Tea:
Spaghetti bolognaise: extra lean mince meat, peppers, onions, mushrooms, a tin of tesco value topped tomatoes, cooked in beef stock with basil & garlic - and pasta of course! (i made this in bulk and have put it into containers for freezing).

Extras:
250ml semi-skimmed milk allowance (which iv used in cups of coffee)

Surprisingly, as im usually peckish between meals causing me to pick at the wrong things, iv not once felt hungry today! Another bonus is that today, for the first time in a long time, iv felt so full of energy. Iv not wanted to sit and laze about, i havent had the TV on and i have spent most of the day outside! This morning after breakfast i spent 30mins bouncing on the trampoline which - apart from looking like a complete idiot to my neighbours - i really enjoyed! Iv also probably done roughly 2hrs worth of walking aswel as an hours worth of hoovering first thing! And not once have i felt exhausted - it feels like somebody has givin me some happy pills lol! I was talking to a friend today, who is also doing SW, and i said to her thats it seems weird to eat 'normal amounts', feel so full up yet (hopefully!) manage to lose so much weight - watch this space!

Welcome Hayley,

Great job so far, I'm doing SW EE too and totally agree with the not feeling hungry thing - seems so wrong yet feels so right.

Those scales will show your hard work when you go for weigh in - excited for you!

FG xx

Thanks fatgirl! im just feeling quite nervous about the weigh-in! what iv i havent lost as much as id hoped!? what if i havent lost at all!? i know its just me being stupid, does everyone think this!? My friend in her first week lost half a stone and shes a stone lighter than me! It would be great to do that, or even top it! but i dont want to get my hopes up too much!

Hey,

Look at it like this, if you've been doing everything by the book and as it should be done then there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't loose weight. Even if you stay the same, it's better than gaining. Try not to pin a number on how much you would like to loose in a week, if you think that a loss is a loss then there's no room for disappoinment.

During my first week (last week) I ate all the right things but sunk 2 bottles of Rose over the weekend and lost, if I can do it anyone can lol.

Positive thinking is the way forward, you can do this.

FG xx

Hi hayley :)

Your first day diary looks good. Have you used your syns? Make sure you do (and your hexb, or did I miss that?)

I've been on EE for six weeks, losing an average of two a week. I didn't have a huge first week loss, but it's kept going, so looking back I don't mind too much.

Enjoy tomorrow.

Hey,

Look at it like this, if you've been doing everything by the book and as it should be done then there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't loose weight. Even if you stay the same, it's better than gaining. Try not to pin a number on how much you would like to loose in a week, if you think that a loss is a loss then there's no room for disappoinment.

During my first week (last week) I ate all the right things but sunk 2 bottles of Rose over the weekend and lost, if I can do it anyone can lol.

Positive thinking is the way forward, you can do this.

FG xx

i understand what your saying, but theres just this little voice at the back on my shoulder that puts doubts in my mind - Hopefully i can get rid of that little demon, il show him whos boss come weigh in! As for the Rose, acohol is my weakness, not that im an alcoholic :whistle: lol! i dont really drink in the week but the weekends can sometimes get pretty messy as a few of the neighbours get together (we take it in turns on whos house we go) and we have a night of it - i also brew my own so thats not much help either! lol! Its one thing i really dont want to have to give up on, gosh that sounds really bad doesnt it! But out of all the treats, thats gotta be one i enjoy! xx

Hi hayley :)

Your first day diary looks good. Have you used your syns? Make sure you do (and your hexb, or did I miss that?)

I've been on EE for six weeks, losing an average of two a week. I didn't have a huge first week loss, but it's kept going, so looking back I don't mind too much.

Enjoy tomorrow.

im gload my first food diary is looking good! Havent had any syns today - although i was a little unsure about my chopped tomatoes in my bolognaise (tesco value in tomato juice). couldnt find them to check the syns on the SW site, and after ringing my friend, who said they were free, and googling, which also said they were free, i went on the syn calc and the tin (400g) came out at 3 1/2 syns! yet when i calculated it and put in apsta as my green and beef as my red it came out free so now im confused! what do you mean by hexb? do you mean my a and b? if so, for my a: 250ml ss milk and b: 2x weetabix xx

Yes, healthy extra b - missed the weetabix! The tomatoes will be free if they were just in their own juice. I think the syn calculator doesn't work so well if the main ingredient is free. But do make sure you have between five and fifteen syns a day. People see their losses slowing if they don't use them.

Good luck x

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Good luck on your journey to slimville xx

Yes, healthy extra b - missed the weetabix! The tomatoes will be free if they were just in their own juice. I think the syn calculator doesn't work so well if the main ingredient is free. But do make sure you have between five and fifteen syns a day. People see their losses slowing if they don't use them.

Good luck x

so do i NEED to have syns then!? i got the impression the less syns the better!? what do you suggest would be best to 'syn up on' as such? i thought the syns were just for if i still felt hungry, but yesterday i didnt feel hungry at all - i must admit, we were still up come midnight lastnight and i was feeling peckish then but i just went to bed to stop the craving!

Yes! I think if you don't use them your body rebels... SW recommend 5-15 syns per day. You don't have to use them on 'bad' foods, but you could use them for cooking oil, tomato ketchup, mayo, butter etc. Or alcohol and chocolate ;-)

i havent been able to get online for a few days, been way too busy! As i approached the weekend i thought i was going to struggle, but luckily i was fine. saturday i had to work all day so it wasnt too bad, id already prepared myself a dinner the night before to take with me. saturday night we had friends round, and for the first time ever, everyone sat there drinking around me and i didnt touch a drop! i wasnt even tempted either! iv even got used to saying no to people when im offered junk!

with not been able to get online much, iv started to carry a little book around with me which i write everything i eat down in it. and if i havent got my little book on me then i tend to jog it in the 'notes' section on my phone and then writing it in my book at night. im finding it helps me to understand what im eating and where im going right and wrong. two days i have synned, and looking back its made me realise them 2 days were when i didnt have much of a dinner! im finding myself some days still full from breakfastcome dinner time, so iv just been having one of them mug shots just for the sake of not skipping dinner. then come tea time im hungry waiting for tea so nibble! luckily iv only synned with alpen light bars! oh and vodka sunday night! but its WI tomorrow, so fingers crossed :)

Best of luck with your WI... you seem to be on the right track so I really hope you get a good result!

Remember any loss is fantastic ;)

Not getting my hopes up on a good loss for my first week. Its now my star week - which really shouldnt be happening as i have the implant and havent had anything for 2yrs!! I feel so bloated today :(

Chin up hun hope the losses are good for you today xx

Back