Hazel's food diaries

After yet another crappy weigh in I have decided that this week I will only have 1 HEA each day instead of 2 and I'm going to change the bananas I have with my breakfast for speed fruits like rasberries and strawberries.

Tuesday 27th July

Breakfast - weetabix minis (HEB) with milk (HEA)

Lunch - SW chips, 2 quorn sausages and hummous (HEB)

Tea - Ratatouille with pasta or rice. bananas and low fat custard -2syns

Snacks - fruit

Syns - low fat custard - 2

Last edited:
Weds 28th July M2M

Breakfast - bacon, egg, WW sausage 1/2 syn, 1 slice 400g wh bread (1/2HEB), 1 alpen bar (1/2 HEB)

Lunch - left over ratatioulle and rice

Tea - Chilli con carne (Mince HEB) and rice, corn on the cob

Snacks - syn free ice cream yummo

Syns - WW sausage 1/2

Last edited:
Thursday 29th July Green

Breakfast - hifi bar, yoghurt and banana

Lunch - baked potato with beans and cheese (HEA) with salad

Tea - Pasta with tomato sauce

snacks - sugar free ribena ice lolly

syns -

Sorry you had a disappointing weight loss - but 1/2lb is better than 0lb or even worse +1lb. Have you considered doing one of the other plans to see if that makes a difference? I WI the same this morning at home on my own scales - gutted - so I have had no carbs today and must say the bloated feeling I've had for a while is easing off so maybe I might throw a couple of red days in next week

Thanks Donna. I went to weigh in tonight and lost 2 1/2!! That was mostly green days. I have in the past changes things round a bit adn done red days and for a couple of weeks it does seem to shake things up a bit but then it plateaus again and then where do you go from there?? So I have a new theory now. The plan works - red, green, M2M, EE but you just have to give your body time to adjust and some weeks will be better than others but stick at it and don't reduce your syns or the volume you are eating cos then where do you go?? This is my theory anyway and I'm testing it out. I did all green days last week with 1 M2M day thrown in. So my last theory which was green days don't work as good was just totally thrown out of the window.

Anyway, really chuffed with that weight loss and more motivated to keep at it.

Oh and also what I did this week was reduce my HEAs to just one a day instead of 2.

Better start afresh with this diary now.

Not been on here for a bit but have been following the plan anyhoo. Last night I lost another 1n 1/2!! Very pleased.

Green day today.

Breakfast - egg on toast (3syns)

Lunch - chips, humous (HEB) and quorn sausages

Tea - Chilli (HEB) and rice.

Dessert - choc pud - quark, tub toffee muller, 2 tbls splenda, 11 g highlights (2syns)

Ack! I've not been on have I??? I have been doing the plan but just not writing it down. I guess because I haven't really had anything special to eat. I have just seen your lovely coleslaw. I am def going to make that this week. I guess I have just become lazy with dd being off school and not being bothered. Naughty me. I need a kick up the bum. I can't go to class this monday or the monday after as dh is away and can't get there with the kids but I am sticking to it so hopefully I will have a superb weighloss after I go back.

Right so meals for this week???

Parmesan chicken and coleslaw ;)
Stroppyfellow pasta

I need ideas peeps. Help!!!

Havent been able to get to weigh in today and I'm not able to go next week either as dh is away. I am sticking to the plan though. Yesterday I was a bit naughty and we went for a meal out and I had raost beef with yorkshire and gravy etc followed by the most delicious choc fudge cake ever. Most of the meal was free food and I am prob not being generous enough but I would say it was about 20 syns in total so I am going to knock off 20 syns from this weeks allowance. That gives me 50 to play around with. I have just had 12 today!! So no syns for a couple of days or if I get desperate I have quark and toffee muller and choc highlights (2syns) to mix together for a creamy choc pud. Think I will be living on this this week.

Loved the coleslaw from tonights meal. Been very dubious about it as the last time I made low fat slaw it was vile but this was really good.

Still struggling with meal ideas:

Mash Pizza
Tuna pasta bake
Chicken drumsticks and salad
Fry up
Baked pot with beans and cheese.

That'll do for now. ;)

What about spag bol? this is one of our favs but my "traditional" recipe would is def not SW friendly! I fried off in frylite 1 onion, finely chopped carrot, loads of mushrooms, added quorn, 1/2 pint beef oxo cube, 1 tin chopped toms, shake of chilli flakes, splash balsamic vinegar, good glug worcestershire sauce, oregano, mixed herbs, 3 tbsp tomato puree and 2tbsp (value) tomato ketchup and left to simmer for about 45 mins, served with lovely jacket spud and hea reduced fat cheddar, delicious - even noah ate it all up! thing excl cheese that's about 5 syns between the 3 of us! delicious!

Thanks Donna. Mmmm spag bol yeah and I have some in the freezer from last time. I think your additions to it sound nice like the balsamic vinegar and worcester sauce and ketchup. I'll maybe add those in when I cook it.

i was in asda again today looking the this elusive chickpea dahl - they don't stock it it's official - and i found the meat-free died packets and a lovely older lady standing beside them filling her trolley up, so i asked if they were any good and she said oh i love them i follow the slimming world diet - 45 mins later, we parted company, my trolley was overflowing with cous cous packs, savoury rice, meat free bolognese and chilli, pasta n sauce

am going to make up one of the chilli mixes and stuff peppers with it, but put a layer of cottage cheese in the middle of the chilli and then sprinkle with a bit of cheese

also making steak pies tomorrow with a filo topping - serving with chips and pea, it's a sw recipe from years ago

jacket spuds are def featuring on my menu this week, i always forget how lovely they are - any inspirational topping ideas?

Thanks hun. I have sent you a longish reply. Baked pots? I just always have beans and cheese - bit boring but does the job and kind of nice with a bit of fresh beetroot too. This is quite a new experience for me as I have never ever liked the stuff till about a year ago. I reckon the coleslaw would be good too.

Still here and still doing it but not been weighed in 3 weeks so time will tell. I don't feel like I have lost any weight over the last 3 weeks even though I have been following the plan. If I splurged then I made up for it in the week or so I thought. I have to be positive and remember this is a long term thing for me and if I haven't lost - not to worry - just keep going and stay in control. I haven't done hardly any exercise either - i blame it on dd being off school but it is no excuse really.

So still looking for interesting recipes. I am going to get dh to bring the printer back from his studio when he comes back and print off a load of SW recipes and put them in a folder. I am so fed up of bits of paper with scribble on all over the kitchen.

Will be back on Monday with a weigh in update. I so hope I have lost something. I will be gutted if I have sts or only lost 1 in 3 weeks! xxx

Let's Dish: BAKED ZITI

This looks like it could easily be adapted for SW with the omission of cream and cornflour and using the parmesan/mozzarella as healthy As and olive oil (optional) as a B. I wonder how many syns in cornflour and cream. POssibly use WW creme fraiche instead of cream at only 1/2 a syn a tblsp. Hmmmm. Might try this this week. It looks delish.

I've still not tried chorizo!!

Thanks for the sweet blog comment. Stalk away lol.

Saturday - green

Breakfast - 1 alpen light bar. 1 slice warb wh/m bread with fried egg. (HEB)

Lunch - Savoury rice

Tea - Spring greens and linguine (olive oil HEB)

syns - choc pud 1syn

Back