Hazel's rough food diary

Friday 8th July

Brekkie - bacon and eggs and tomato

Lunch - left over ratatouille and packet savoury rice

Tea - Spring greens and linguine - oil (heb) parmesan (hea)

supper - 2 slices wm toast (heB) with 1 tblsp Nutella (4)

Last edited:
Saturday 9th July

Having a stay at home weekend!

Brekkie - weetabix minis (heb) and milk (hea)

Lunch - Tuna and egg salad mayo - 1 syn

Tea - mash pizza (hea +heb cheese) coleslaw - I ate it all !!(3 syns)

Lots of fruit - peaches and melon, yogurt as snacks

Last edited:
Plan for the weekend looks good! Always sucks when money prevents you from eating what you know you should. But I'm sure you will do a fantastic job of improvising!

And good luck with your WI tomorrow. Currently watching Britains Next Top Model - Why can't I look like Elle MacPherson!

Hi Ali - it was from Donna's diary from last year. I haven't seen her on here for a while. Here's the link:

Parmesan turkey/chicken

Coleslaw was easy. shredded white cabbage, grated carrot, finely sliced red onion, 14g sultanas - 2syns, finely sliced celery. Mix with 2 tblsp of lighter than light mayo (1syn) and some ff natural yoghurt. It works a treat and makes loads. Made some tonight with my pizza yumm yumm. xx

Sunday 10th

Well I weighed myself this morning instead of tonight so not sue how accurate it is but scales say I have lost another 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woop eeee diddly doop!!!! Iwill weigh myself tonight as well just to see the difference but I think I might change to morning weigh ins anyway. So that's 7.5lbs gone in 2 weeks. Long way to go though but bloody good start!

Breakkie weetabix minis (heb) with milk (hea)

Lunch savoury rice, peas, sweetcorn and egg omelette.

Tea baked potato, cheese (hea) and beans.

Snack toast (heb) with 1tbsp nutella (4syns) Might not have this!!

Fairy cake (5syns)

Last edited:
New week this week. Still focused and hope to have a low syn week. Does anyone know how many syns the chocolate tiffin is from Costa Coffee? I remember it being either 21 or 24 or 26???? I can't remember which one. That is going to be my treat on Wednesday - if I want it. Looking forward to my tea tonight. Just made up the coleslaw. Oh wow I love it. It is soooo good. Off to make the Parmesan turkey escalopes now.

Oh and I found out about the KALA coconut milk and just so happens my local tesco stocks it yay!!

ooh tiffin slice,lovely,when i go to costa i have the caramel shortbread which is 17 syns so not to bad .if you go costa again they have now started doing sugar free syrups,i had the vanilla one and omg its lovely..

what is the coconut milk? i saw some a while back in tescos it was in a yellow can but it didnt have any nutro info on...whats this one ike as i really fancy making a curry with some but the syns are really high x

Well I didn't go to Costa in the end and glad of it. I really didn't want that chocolate tiffin and got myself in a right to do about it. I was relieved when I didn't go. I may go this week although I am not fussed about it. I am scared that if I start eating chocolate stuff again it will bring the cravings back. I don't want them back. It would be nice to be able to have something once in a while and then be able to stop there but right now.. I know it's too risky. I want this stuff out of my system!!

I wrote on your diary about the kala milk. xxx

thanks hun,
i know what you mean about choc and getting the taste for it :) im usually very strict when i go,i have a skinny lattee and use my a choice for it and i save my syns to have a caramel shotbread,ooh,tis like heaven.x

why do some peope ony have either a sweet tooth and some are more savoury,why do i have to be a total pig and love both,lol x

Lol well I have just had a home made fairy cake that the kids made. Average is 5 syns in the book so I will put that down. It's good to test the waters and see how my body reacts to sugar. Will I crave more??? I'll let you know. xx

Meal ideas for next week:

Green Thai curry using the Kala milk
Beef stroganoff with Philly
Creamy cheesy philly mushrooms with a nice steak
Prawn paella from the new mag p30
Chinese noodle dish from mag p68
Chilli from freezer

Might try some EE days this week and see how I get on. I am having so few syns anyway I can't see the odd extra HE being a problem if I need it.

The little fairy cake put made me lose my appetite and I thought of the garage and chocolate which is something I haven't done in a couple of weeks so I def think I am not ready for eating sugar yet. Not quite out of my system methinks.

Back