Hazel's rough food diary

craftylucyloo

Gold Member
Here we are again! I have decided that I just haven't got the time to do this diary as pretty as the past one so it will just be a quick write up of the food I am having that day. Hoping to get inspired and also give a little inspiration where I can. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday 1st July

mix to max

breakie - ham and egg on toast (heb)

Lunch - tesco tomato and onion pasta spirals packet mix

tea - instant mash pizza with 2 lots of cheese (1 hea 1 heb) lots of veg and a rocket salad.

Toffee muller, quark, mint choc options pud (1 syn)

Snacks - fruit.

Saturday

Brekkie - I had weetabix minis (heb) with strawberries and bananas and milk (hea)

Lunch - half leftover pizza from last night (hea) 85g ham (heb) salad

Tea - spinach pea and potato curry and rice. Onion and tomato chutney.

Last edited:
OOoh ty. Well I will "fry" the onions and spinach (I use frozen) with a lid on till the spinach defrosts. Oh I add to that some chopped garlic and fresh chilli and curry powder to taste. Then I will add in my parboiled potatoes and a tin of chopped toms. Add some salt and pepper and taste it. Then I might add a few spices as I go like a bit of cumin and some chopped coriander at the end.I put in the peas (frozen) about 5 mins before the end. That's a bit of a mish mash of a recipe so I hope you understand it!! xxxxx

OOoooh very excited to say I lost 4.5lb on my scales tonight. Fantastic. I am wondering if cutting down on the syns is helping after all?? Even for me this is a great first weeks weight loss. Planning meals for next week include:

pizza
chilli citrus chicken and spring veg risotto
Parmesan chicken/turkey and coleslaw
stuffed peppers and salad
something from the curry book
Spring greens and linguine
Ratatouille
Baked pots.

Gives me lots of options.

Aims:

Stick to plan
Drink lots of water
run up and down stairs 10 times each morn
Low syn week. Costa on weds.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 4th July

Brekkie fried potato mushroom egg tortilla

Lunch left over chicken cake (2) (1/2 hea)

Tea Parmesan chicken (1/2 hea & 1/2heb) coleslaw (1) salad

Think I might have room for 3 Pogan crisprolls and 71g philly light!!

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the Spinach, pea and potato curry I made the other night. Really lovely. In fact I threw in some left over sweetcorn after I had taken this pic. Great for the next day too.

2106240020047002319S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

New week this week. Still focused and hope to have a low syn week. Does anyone know how many syns the chocolate tiffin is from Costa Coffee? I remember it being either 21 or 24 or 26???? I can't remember which one. That is going to be my treat on Wednesday - if I want it. Looking forward to my tea tonight. Just made up the coleslaw. Oh wow I love it. It is soooo good. Off to make the Parmesan turkey escalopes now.

Oh and I found out about the KALA coconut milk and just so happens my local tesco stocks it yay!!

Tuesday

Brekkie - Weetabix minis (HEB) strawberries and cherries. Milk (1/2 HEA)

Lunch - left over parmesan turkey (1/2 hea 1/2 heb) Coleslaw (1 syn)

Tea - Stuffed peppers - with rice, mushroom, cherry toms, onion and Mozzarella cheese (HEA) and some sliced ham (1/2 HEB)

My Healthy extras are a bit of a jumble at the mo but they should all add up to the right amount. I'm not having syns anyway so this should cover it if needs be.

Last edited:
Wednesday:

Brekkie - Bacon and eggs and a grilled tom

Lunch - left over stuffed pepper - (hea)

Tea - chilli, citrus chicken (heb) spring veg risotto (hea +heb)

Think I overdid it a bit on the mozzarella. I used a full ball of reduced fat in the risotto between me and hubby but I ate more than him!! Oh well I still haven't had any syns so that should cover it.

I never ended up going to Costa Coffee. I was getting really anxsy about it and whether I should have a treat or not. In the end I decided I would go and just have a flat white with no treat but when I went ot pick up my dd I forgot I didn't have 50p for the car park anyway so decided not to go and surprisingly I feel very okay about it.

Normally I would be like, "Right, I didn't get my planned treat so I will splurge on something else," but I don't feel like that this time. I know as part of the plan I could have had that treat but I knew that it wouldn't have done me any good to have it as it would have started the cravings off again when I have just got rid of them - pretty much! Syns may be "permissable" but not necessarily "beneficial". There is a lot of psychology to this losing weight business.

So... feel good that I didn't have that treat after all. Oh and also... went to a coffee morning this morning and my son left half a cake and I didn't eat it!!! Yay!!! Normally I can't stand to see food wasted - esp cake so this is good. Just need to keep it up.

Ooooh Mix 2 Max. Am I right in thinking that is where you have each meal either red or green, but your snacks have to be super free? Do you still get both HEs on it too?

Some of my days would fit this pattern, and I do like having my double HEs! But it seems a bit like having your cake AND eating it!

I also hate wasting food, and good on you for swerving the cake, you strong lady, you!

Thanks! Yes most of my days seem to be M2M! You can have any of the healthy extras and have them whenever you want. The only downside is that you can only snack on superfree food so no noodles or savoury rice in between meals. However, I am trying to eat lots of fruit. Tonight I am going to have my minty choc pud which I make with quark, toffee muller, splenda, 11g minty options. It makes 2 bowls so only 1 syn a serving. So i will have this later as its fits the superfree thing. xx

Hmmmm interesting. So technically, a breakfast of cereal (both HEA and B), a lunch of SW chips and veg, snack of activia and fruit, and a tea of chicken kebab with WM pitta (HE) and salad would be mix2max.....?

I might try combining it with EE on the days when I don't feel really snacky. But I do quite like EE, but the 1/3 superfree can be a bit of a bummer at times!

Thanks!

Thursday 7th July

Brekkie - weetabix minis (HEB), banana splash of milk (2)

Lunch - baked potato, cheese (HEA) and beans

Tea - Ratatouille and pasta

syns - toffee mint pud (1), splash of milk (2)

snacked on lots and lots of fruit today, cherries, raspberries, peaches.

If I get hungry later on then I will have 3 pogan crisprolls and some philly yumm yumm!!!

Hubby not around this weekend so on own with kids. Need to be prepared food wise. Tomorrow or saturday I will do pizza night. I can use leftover ratatouille over baked pots or with packets of savoury rice. ham and chips is another one..... mmmmm........??

Back