Head screwed on again. I can do this!!!

Been doing some thinking. Why do I feel that I did less well this Christmas on the eating front? Why do I feel that I ate more than last year?

When I think about it and try to compare (not easy since I don't really remember too much about what I ate last year!), I think I did much better.

In the olden days, Christmas breakfast was a big affair. I usually wanted a fried brekkie, followed by lots of nibbles of nuts and chocs during present opening.

Last year I was much more controlled. I thought it through. I didn't always make the right choices, but I thought about it a lot;)

This year I did little thinking:confused:

Christmas day breakfast: Had a croissant with some butter and marmalade. Just the one. Didn't think about having two...or three. In fact, I didn't think about having anything else until dinner. I did have a bucks fizz with it.

Dinner: A small portion of everything...just like last year. The difference this year was that I didn't purposely think about having a smaller portion. I just gave myself that because that is what I wanted.
Pudding: Last year I had a small mince pie, Xmas pudding with cream (probably too much). I thought about it, wanted it, decided I only needed a small amount.

This year, I forgot. I dished up for others and then just didn't really think about it for myself as I had had enough. No big deal...no big analysis. No feeling deprived or worrying about my weight. I just sat with the others and enjoyed the celebrations without thinking twice.

etc etc

Of course, there were times when I overate...just like last year, but last year I thought more about everything I was eating. This year the good choices I made were more automatic.

So, looking at what we have left in the fridge, and the amount I'm having to give/throw away, I think I can say I probably ate less.

So there ya go. Think I'm getting the hang of this :D

I did much worse than last year, dunno why, not been good for me at all, in fact the 5lb gain on the scales shows that. blah, I cant get the bluddy hang of this at all.

Maybe because you did it subconsciously (sp?) this year, and last year you were conscious (again sp!?) about it, I guess you are starting to think like a "normal person" after all!!!!

Love the fire!

I guess wanting ryvitas and cottage cheese today says I am somewhat in a better frame of mind, just wish I hadnt eaten the contents of christmas before I did!!!

I did much worse than last year, dunno why, not been good for me at all, in fact the 5lb gain on the scales shows that. blah, I cant get the bluddy hang of this at all.

It takes time V. 5lbs is not bad. I've put on a little, but it doesn't matter (to me anyway). I'll lose it again. What the scales say really doesn't mean anything to me any more. Honest!! It's how I feel, and I can feel that little extra. Again, I'm not too worried, but I didn't like the sluggishness I experienced when I overate. It was fun to eat, but once I had stopped eating, that was it. Not guilty, but it was over. Didn't even leave great lasting memories :D

Fun while it lasted, but that was all. After I had eaten a bit too much, I didn't particularly like the feeling. I've decided that I like to feel 'neutral' rather than overstuffed.

I guess you are starting to think like a "normal person" after all!!!!

Well...almost...I hope.

I guess wanting ryvitas and cottage cheese today says I am somewhat in a better frame of mind, just wish I hadnt eaten the contents of christmas before I did!!!

But you did, and that's what you chose at the time. No big deal. Besides, the ryvitas and cottage cheese choice was great because you wanted it. Thats a major step forward.

Just remember how you want to feel. Aim for that. Stuffed for a moment, or how you felt when you were at goal....all day long:cool:

I

Just remember how you want to feel. Aim for that. Stuffed for a moment, or how you felt when you were at goal....all day long:cool:

No contest in that one, and a great reminder x
Thanks x:cool:

I wish i could get the hang of it, three weeks ago i was in a good place food was in its right place at the back of my mind. I was feeling fit couldnt stop buying clothes trying them on etc. Then i went to a few partys & get togethers slowly i started to over eat this last 10 days its picked up a hell of a speed. I think ive put a stone on, i feel awful & look bad in my clothes, im only small 4ft 11 so it shows around my middle.I thought i had this all sorted in my head, i was NEVER going too over eat ever again.Im going too start again in jan but cant help thinking this is never going too end.

i was NEVER going too over eat ever again.Im going too start again in jan but cant help thinking this is never going too end.

It's tough isn't it :( I think that when you slim down, it gives you such confidence in yourself and your ability to lose weight.

Half of my mind had to remember that I could do this...I had done that bit. I could control what I ate, and I felt fab.

The other part of my mind had to remember that I was only at the starting line. I still had the biggest job yet to do. Another challenge :clap:

You are so right, i know that im beating myself up about it already, feeling a failure.I need too stop feeling sorry for myself & get on with the rest of my journey.Thanks for your wise words.Also thank god for this site.

You are so right, i know that im beating myself up about it already, feeling a failure.I need too stop feeling sorry for myself & get on with the rest of my journey.Thanks for your wise words.Also thank god for this site.

Nah, you're not a failure. You're a success :clap: You lost the weight. A stone isn't much to put back and you realised it before you put on more.

Life happens. It's what you do now that is important. You're wiser now. More chance of managing maintenance next time :clap:

Read everything you can about stabilizing the weight and pick what might work for you.

Very best of luck.

All well in KD land :cool: Head seems screwed back on. Enjoying finishing up bits of the Christmas grub that's not green and moving, but certainly not going overboard like I've done the past.

I used to always suffer from the last supper sydrome (which would last days...sometimes a few weeks:cool:) because there was always a set date for the diet.

Now I'm in that place where I don't have to have a day. Every time I chose to eat, I have the opportunity to be the new me, or revert back to the old me.

Sometimes I want to be the old me, and that seems okay too, because I don't have the "I've blown it so now I'll continue to eat" desire. I just find the head moves again and I'm not so keen to eat again next mealtime.

It's great because weight is not the issue. I'm not purposely doing anything to lose any of the Christmas excess. This is pure head stuff now.

I love that feeling of being in control of what I want to eat. I love the feeling of being agile and not having to bear that binge stupor.

For so long I thought that my problems was because:

a) I put on weight quicker than most
b) I loved food.

Now I'm not sure about a), but b)...yes I do love food, but food wasn't really the issue, my issues were the issue :D

In fact, I love food even more than I ever did, but it doesn't really control me any more.:rolleyes:

Right. Analysis over. I've got a stinking cold. Haven't had a cold in years. Darn nuisance.

Back to work today:rolleyes:

Wall in living room is covered in black marker lines to show what furniture I want and where. Unfortunately, the design that I want hasn't yet been invented. Same goes for everything else I've got in mind.
I really do think that designers and inventors should consult me first. I have such fab ideas! :D

Happy New Year KD x

Sorry to hear you have a cold KD, that is not a good start to 2008. Shake it off with a brandy and babycham and you'll be fine!

I like the way your head is working too; thats where I want to be and in some ways I kind of feel like I am getting there already, even though there is a lot of work on the weight loss front to do.

I don't have the panic feeling anymore, i still have a lot of habits that need work but i know I can change if i want to. Which i do, so i will!

Thanks for all your help this year Karion, it has been much appreciated. I look forward to it again in 2008!

I wish you and yours a very Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year.

Much Love

Happy New Year KD x

And to you V!

Sorry to hear you have a cold KD, that is not a good start to 2008. Shake it off with a brandy and babycham and you'll be fine!

Teehee. You know me and my favourite tipple. Surviving on lemsips so far. Just waiting for confirmation that I won't need to drive tonight to do any taxi driving, and I'll head for the bottle :D This one is the mother of all colds. Man flu me thinks :D Got to work tomorrow so will have to pull myself out of it.

I like the way your head is working too; thats where I want to be and in some ways I kind of feel like I am getting there already,
You are. I can 'hear' it in your posts :clap:
Thanks for all your help this year Karion, it has been much appreciated. I look forward to it again in 2008!
You're very welcome :)

Very happy new year to you too Barb :)

He he.....

He he.....

Hiya Bea:wavey: Nice to 'see' you here :)

Today has been busy. Getting ready for tomorrow. Lots of organising to do.

Did have another great moment at a meeting this afternoon. There was a buffet spread and I was helping myself (like one does), and chatting to this lady who was chomping on a lettuce leaf.

She said "Alright for you skinnies that can eat and never have weight problems"

:D :D

I told her I had lost 8 stone and her eyes nearly popped out of her head.

Love it when that happens :D

Right. The bag is packed. Waved goodbye to the family:wave_cry: as I won't see them again until probably tomorrow afternoon/evening:D

So, said goodbye to DH (who's gone to work), said goodnight to DS2 and requested a taxi for 7:00am. Oh, and cleared my cupboard out and hovered around in case I die (must always be prepared :D)

Not sure how long I will be. Hopefully all will go well and I'll be back later tomorrow de-'bladdered':D (as in gall-bladderless).:sigh:

BFN

Thanks Bex. Had to stay in overnight and just got home. Feeling a tad fragile, but otherwise okay.

Back