Head screwed on again. I can do this!!!

Hi KD lurking on your thread and just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery Id mine removed by a butcher years ago old style leaving a 10 foot (ok exaggerating a little) scar. It does take time to heal so you take it easy luv Mandy x.

Thankyou Mandy. Fortunately, my scars are small:cool: Unfortunately, this means they are not at all dramatic, and so it's hard to get sympathy when flashing them:rolleyes:

Could do with a few mls of pus :D

Ate too much yesterday and felt fine on it:confused: Weighed myself and found I had lost a pound:eek:

That's not like me at all! I eat too much, I put on 4lbs overnight (yeah I know the maths Mike;))

I eat too little and after a few weeks I lose:rolleyes:

So why did I lose:confused: My scales usually reflect the day before intake.

So had a lovely little daydream to myself about how there was something wrong with my insides which caused all the weight gain in the first place. This had now be rectified, so I was going to be one of those people who would lose however much they ate :clap:

Made me wonder though. Would I go back to eating unhealthily if the weight issue wasn't there, even if it still compromised my health in other ways?

Hi KD lol on the pus you defo dont want that might be small scars outside but play on the enormous gallbladder that had to be trailed through them ,same mess inside ,that should help with the sympathy vote lol luv Mandy x.

Did you get any gallstones given as a souvenir??

My mum did, she still has them, they go next to DH kidney stones!!

Hi KD lol on the pus you defo dont want that might be small scars outside but play on the enormous gallbladder that had to be trailed through them ,same mess inside ,that should help with the sympathy vote lol luv Mandy x.

:D Thanks for that. I used that excuse today when someone asked me to pick their kid up from school (since I've managed to wrangle a weeks holiday from work:rolleyes:) :D

Glad to hear you are ok KD. Many best wishes ... and lots of sympathy winging its way to you for a speedy recovery!

Thanks Beverley:thankyou:

Did you get any gallstones given as a souvenir??

My mum did, she still has them, they go next to DH kidney stones!!

:D Yes. I was given them in a pot. Dear things. Thought I might play marbles later. Oh no...hang on...seems that I've put them in the recycle bin.

Wonder if they are recyclable:D

Been feeling rubbish today. Odd. didn't feel so bad yesterday:confused:

Think I might have overdone it yesterday. Didn't get a chance for a nap:rolleyes:

You take it easy then. if you have a week off then take it as chance to relax, my orders, ok??

I have 4 'dressings'. Well...they are big see through plasters, so I can see exactly what's going on there. Velly interesting :)

I do like to know details. When I was coming around from the anaesthetic, they put me on oxygen. My first sleepy words were "why am I on this?" They said I just needed a little bit of oxygen and I remember replying "why? how do you know? How long for? Is it really necessary?" Teehee.

3 of the wounds look good. Healing well. The one over my tummy button looks a bit yuck. I'm not allowed to remove them for 7 days and also not allowed to bath in this time (though I can shower). Dying to get them off! Especially to give the tummy button one a bit of fresh air!

I also can't drive yet. Allowed to try on Saturday. As long as I feel okay and can do an emergency stop:cool:

Do feel so tired though. Wonder why I feel so tired:confused: Me thinks it's because I'm allowed to be. Really need to get back to work so I can get my mind off myself and my needs:eek: I hate it.

House is in total disorder. Today I have the gasman coming to relay pipes in the living room and put in an airvent, so all the carpet is up, the TV has been banished to the garage....along with the sofa. As soon as he's gone, the electric man is in to put more points in:cool:, so TV and sofa wont be going back until about 8:00pm when he thinks he'll be finished.

So standing up to write this :D Think I'll have to make a nice comfy place on the floorboards:rolleyes:Short of walking around the block a few million times, there's little else I can do (what with not being allowed to drive).

Would like to fast forward the next few days.

Want to get back to work to get my mind off myself, don't want to because I don't really feel ready. Not sure I'll ever feel ready :D

Still...back to work tomorrow (not for school though). Feel sure I'll perk up by then:clap:

KD, youve just had a bluddy operation, no need to go running a marathon for now eh???

You are allowed to take it easy you know, Ill let you ;)

Pleased to report I haven't had a gallstone attack all week :clap: :D

Bit of a 'trying' day what with the electrician, gasman and a couple of other things, but all is well again now :)

Got the camera out tonight to take a photo and found a piccie of my son on there that I didn't know had been taken.

I assume a friend took it.

On asking him about it, I'm told that he was working out the best place to jump to:rolleyes:

He's parkour mad, so I'm not surprised.

I'll post it and you can see how scary life can be living with a parkour son:D

I just want to know if you have had a ruddy rest today?!! :eek:..:whip::whoopass:

Lacey..xx ;):D:D:D

I just want to know if you have had a ruddy rest today?!! :eek:..:whip::whoopass:

Lacey..xx ;):D:D:D

OMG!!! OMG!!! I forgot to rest :eek::eek::eek:

Will get straight on to it now. Promise.:D

shouldn't have posted that KD, i roughly know where you live now :eek: & you're not that far from me (less than 5 mins in car )
Joking aside if you need anything just holla !!
xx

Hia KD,

Fab picture of your son. Mine would love to learn parkour but there are no classes around here. He justs jumps, leaps and bounds about the local environment. Makes life interesting when we go for a walk. I think he's a natural at this sport, but occasionally feel obliged to put my 'mummy head' on and caution him to 'be careful'.

I'm wondering whether you are feeling tired because your body is working very hard healing itself, and this has a knock-on effect on your energy levels. It is true that while we sleep our body is working hard to replace lost cells and repair damaged bits, so perhaps your body is tryng to ensure that you rest so that it can get on with the healing process. It's probably saying to itself "that pesky KD, we may have to teach her a lesson and give her some really bad wind, or an infection, to slow her down".

I do know what you mean about wanting to be at work. It is so boring at home. I was off for a couple of weeks before Christmas after I injured some ribs (on a shopping trolley:(). It was frustrating and boring to sit at home watching the mess piling up and not be able to do anything about it. I quickly learned to my cost that if I did attempt to do something (hoovering, tidying up), I paid for it later when the pain and discomfort became really unpleasent. I hated missing work, particularly at this time of the year, and felt guilty too because I could not do the things I had planned.

Anyway, I wish you a speedy recovery, and hope that the disruption at home (bad timing or what) is minimal.

Regards,

AJ

shouldn't have posted that KD, i roughly know where you live now :eek: & you're not that far from me (less than 5 mins in car )

:D :D Tell me where the piccie was taken then, cos I don't have a clue :D
Joking aside if you need anything just holla !!
xx
Thanks Cheryl. Now...your opinion. One of the dressing (see through plasters) looks a bit yucky. Not too bad, doesn't hurt or anything, but not as 'clean' as the others. Beginning to smell a little too:eek::eek:

I'm allowed to take it off on Saturday and feel sure it'll get better then. Any thoughts? As I say..it's not bad, or I'd go to the drs. Is this normal though?

Fab picture of your son. Mine would love to learn parkour but there are no classes around here. He justs jumps, leaps and bounds about the local environment.

DS didn't have parkour lessons. Just dance and gymnastics. He does belong to a Parkour team now though.

Makes life interesting when we go for a walk.
:D I know the feeling. We walk, he cartwheels, flips, jumps, backflips....everywhere.:rolleyes:

He's hoping to go to Paris in the Spring to meet the inventor of the art. We'll see.
I think he's a natural at this sport, but occasionally feel obliged to put my 'mummy head' on and caution him to 'be careful'.

It's hard to know at times isn't it. I wanted to let him do it as he loved it so much and was keeping him so fit.

I'm wondering whether you are feeling tired because your body is working very hard healing itself, and this has a knock-on effect on your energy levels.
Probably. Have been busy with something this week (not physical work...more mental stuff). So much for my plans of lying on the sofa all week watching DVDs:rolleyes:

"that pesky KD, we may have to teach her a lesson and give her some really bad wind, or an infection, to slow her down".
:D

It is so boring at home. I was off for a couple of weeks before Christmas after I injured some ribs (on a shopping trolley:(). It was frustrating and boring to sit at home watching the mess piling up and not be able to do anything about it.
Oh poor you!! I never knew. How's you now?

Anyway, I wish you a speedy recovery, and hope that the disruption at home (bad timing or what) is minimal.
Good timing in a way as at least I was here. We usually struggling to find a time when it's suitable for these people to come. But yes...bad timing in other ways.

Oh...and just to add insult to injury (or whatever they say). My toofypeg filling broke at the beginning of the week. There's such a sore spot on my tongue and it's getting sorer:cry: 2 ulcers there now, and I'm talking funny, like when people get their tongues pierced.

DH drove down to the dentist to see if they could fit me in somewhere as I can't stand it any longer.

Dentist is shut due to sickness :(

Back