health visitor

oasis6918

Gold Member
Did anyone else have a pre birth health visitor come to the house? I cancelled the first and second appointment cos I was at work and she wants to come tomorrow but I don't want her here. I can't be bothered to entertain her stupid questions and I'm sure she's just coming to snoop, she hasn't even got a telephone number for me she's not from my doctors surgery but a different one. It's apparently just to get to know me before baby is born so I don't have a stranger turn up but I have no interest in meeting her first. I don't know if I'm being unreasonable I never had this visit with Jack, it doesn't benefit me or baby it must be to satisfy there needs. I just can't be arsed with strangers in my house at nearly 40 weeks pregnant I'm irritable with people as it is at this point x

The midwife says that it's just so I get to know her before baby is here so I don't have a stranger turning up. So then surely it's upto me whether I want to have her here or not, I'm just not comfortable her being here at all. I've got nothing to hide obviously but like I say I'm just not interested in here being here x

We had HV come when i was having my first. She just brought his red book so we had it before we had LO. Talked alot but nothing that the midwife cannot do.

This time round though is different..I got a letter last week saying that they are understaffed so I will not be getting a HV coming before baby is born and the red book will be available for me to collect from the clinic where you get baby weighed.

x

Back