Healthy B Extra - New Ideas Please!

Lindam

Silver Member
Hi

Anyone able to give me some new healthy b ideas - i prefer not to measure or weigh anything! So packets/tins/portions already packaged are great! I do red and green days!

Many thanks in advance!

If I am on a red day I tend to have a small jacket potato as my healthy extra. If I am struggling to have a B section I have 3 Ryvittas with tomatoes and egg. Ive only been back at it a week so I am not really creative enough yet, just trying to get back into it. Have you tried to HIFI bars? You can have those as a healthy extra. Im the same as you, I dont like weighing anything, cant now as one of the dogs ate the scales lol.

I dont like weighing anything, cant now as one of the dogs ate the scales lol.[/quote]

LOL yeah I got one of those dogs myself...:rolleyes:

thanks everyone - trouble is all I seem to have is ryvita (various ones) weetabix and wholmeal bread/rolls - is there anything else out there?? not too keen on the babybels (although are the cheddar ones ok as not tried those ones)

alpen light bars (2 = b choice)
hi-fi bar (nice as a snack - esp if you fancy some chocolate)
cheese toasties/cheese on toast (a and b choice)
2 x weetabix (b choice)
ryvita minis (good alternative to crisps)

soup for B choice x

I wonder if you could make a free dip aswell. Maybe some fat free yoghurt, loads of fresh finely chopped mint, spring onions and cracked pepper and loads of veg to dip it in. Oooh even a few laughing cows added to it, to make it a little cheesy.

I am definitely going to give that a try lol

UG - I've got a great Delia recipe for dip. I'll see if I can dig it out and post it.

ETA - can't seem to find it at the moment but will dig out the recipe at home and post it. It was basically chickpeas, spring onions, some ff fromage frais and other bits and bobs and it was lovely!

Ooh...well done UG! I was spelling it frijamole - doh!

I omited the oil and used tinned chickpeas and it was good! I would def make again. I didn't have any Tabasco and personally felt it did need that extra kick despite it having a chilli in it.

PS - hope you don't mind me calling you UG!

Ooh...well done UG! I was spelling it frijamole - doh!

PS - hope you don't mind me calling you UG!

Yeah, i typed that when i got to the delia site and nothing came up, but it worked for chickpeas lol

And i don't mind at all, if it wasn't my name, i would shorten it to UG, it's a long name lol :)

Back