Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Healthy Body Fat percentage

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Faxman, 26 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Faxman

Faxman Full Member

Just had my bodyfat percentage measure for the first time ever and it came out at 27%. The trainer said it was at an unhealthy (borderline obese) level and I should be aiming for 15-20% but he didn't seem very sure about it to be honest. Is that realistic, I am 35 by the way.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    im sure its lower than womens for a man.....

4. Faxman

Faxman Full Member

Thanks Gina, I am not sure what the percentage for a woman should be, but are you suggesting that I (as a man) should be aiming for less than 15-20%?

5. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
  6. Faxman

Faxman Full Member

Thanks for that, just clicked on the link. Bit odd that they consider Average to be 18-24% and obese to be 25%+ with nothing in between! Perhaps I will aim for the fitness category (14-17%) and see how I go.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.