healthy eating/low fat diary

clairem87

cos i need this xxx
Hi allowed, I'm starting my new lifestyle tomorrow. I have around 8stone to lose and want to do it the right way!

My rules are -

Three meals a day at 15g fat max per meal
Unlimited fruit and veg
One 'naughty' a day (with 3g fat limit)
10000 steps per day plus 3 days at gym and one zumba class a week
Up my water intake

I Think this is a healthy approach, if anyone feels I should do anything in addition all help is appreciated!

Looking forward to a new lifestyle!!

X

My food plan for today is ,

Breakfast -omelette - 2x eggs - 8g fat
30g light sweet chilli Phili - 3.2g fat
1 slice ham style quorn - 0.1g fat
Dash of skimmed milk -0.1g fat

Total -11.4g fat

Lunch -
1/2 carton tomato soup -5g fat
1/2 packet gnocci - 0.2g fat

Total - 5.2g fat

Dinner - home made split red lentil Dahl, will work out fat content later, but is low as its just lentils, stock, spices and chopped tomatoes

Yummy!!!

Well today I was out from 8:15am till 4 then straight back out for the fireworks, so could have been better foodwise, but could have been worse. I had a cereal bar at lunch time then a small portion of Thai green curry and boiled rice x

Plan for today is

Breakfast - oatsosimple with semi skimmed milk , 2.7g fat

Lunch - tomato soup and gnocci - 5.6g fat

Dinner - gammon in coke (slow cooker) then honey glazed with baby potatoes, will work out fat when I'm serving and know what weights they are.

Will try and get some fruit in too but am penniless till Thursday so very much living on store cupboard essentials for now!

Last edited:
Gym time :-/

Yay, a reply :) thank you

clairem87 said:
Yay, a reply :) thank you

And I couldn't even spell lol
Have you lost any weight ..??? Or is it too early to tell ... ?? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had typed a big long reply and accidently not posted it grrr!
My weigh in day is Saturday so not lost anything yet, well hopefully have but don't know yet lol

I have a spare 10 mins so thought I'd write a bit about myself

I'm 25 and have tried every diet I can think of, I've had diaries on here for slimming world, weight watchers, calorie counting, xenical, Cambridge, slim and save, JUDDD and tried everything in between lol so from now on I just want to stop bingeing and eat more healthily and controllably.
So here I am!
This year was supposed to be the year I got the weight off but life got in the way! I'm in a good place, give or take, now though and feel like this is the right time for a lifestyle overhaul!

Xxx

Good luck Hun ... Make 2013 your year instead :)
I'm 43 and 10st 2 and want to be 9st 7lbs ..!! I'm 5ft ... So a short arse ..!! Lol
Even if I got to 9,12 I'd be happy ..!! But iv stalled and not going anywhere ..!!
I run twice a week and do a class 1-2 times a week too ... I Di have muscle ... But have fat too lol lol
Xxxx

Well today has been good food wise, had no money at all so it was a make do type day, not as healthy as it could have been but ive stayed below my allowance of fat and cals on myfitnesspal so am happy wiki that! I was thrifty and made sure yesterdays gammon leftovers didn't go to waste which I'm happy with :) having to relearn how to do nice food on a budget again is hard lol!

Breakfast - oats so simple

Mid morning naughty - 2 x potato scones with 15g butter (oops!) - 14.2g fat total (inc breakfast)

Lunch - mini pizza with gammon 10g fat (approx)

Dinner - 100g (before cooking) brown pasta with 4 x laughing cow light triangles, mustard, herbs,
dash of semi skimmed milk and gammon -18.6g fat (approx but erring on the side of caution and rounding upwards!)

Snacks - laughing cow light triangle 1.2g fat
Mint options - 0.8g fat
Milk in tea x 3 - 2g fat

Total - 36.8g fat

Pleased with that :) still got a couple me hundred cals left so might have a slice of toast later but will try not to :)

X c X

Your doing great Claire, keep at it hun.
Went to the gym today but it was just paperwork. Had my gall bladder out in August so some medical info needed by the personal trainer.
Going swimming tomorrow........gulp!

How's your gym visits going?

Your food diary is really good. Well done xx

Hi Mrs, thanks for popping in!! Gym was good cheers, I could definitely feel the difference from when I last was going, 2 stone ago, it was much harder at this weight :-( but ill stick with it :) gunna go tomorrow morning then have zumba tomorrow evening, gunna be fooked! Enjoy swimming! I might start swimming again, its so much nicer than most exercise!
Its really hard trying to learn budget healthy tasty cooking again! I used to be a master of cheap food that didn't taste cheap, but am out of practise, am nearly a grand a month poorer than I was so lifestyle change is unfortunately across the board! Though I must say, given that its cos my son is no longer considered disabled its a very, VERY happy trade off :-D

X

I just had a great moment, took the kids to the park after school, and their play park has a lovely little cafe. Usually I get a SLAB of lemon drizzle cake and a large hot chocolate with a mountain of cream on top and two sugars.
Today we went, and I nearly got my usual but thought about it and decided it wasn't worth it given how good I've been so far :) so instead I got a water and a small bar of chocolate which I shared with my son! I'm guessing my. Usual indulgence there must be around 800 cals but my replacement one today was about 150 :)
This for me is a major achievement! Usually once I want something its binge time! Woo!

X

Well done you :) impressive ..!!! You really must be in the zone xxx

Thanks :) cos I'm telling myself I'm not 'on a diet' its a lot easier, if I want something ill have it, within reason, but am trying to limit my portions and learn how to not turn a treat into a binge! So far so good :) how you getting on!?

Today went well but didn't do my exercise! Had to get boring jobs done in the morning, then zumba was cancelled this eve!! Will either gym or swim tomorrow instead! Food wise I stayed within my cals and fat limits but cos we were busy then at a friends house, too much of that was snack food, will balance better tomorrow!

X

I am delighted!! Weighed in a day early and have lost 6lbs this week!!! So happy :)

clairem87 said:
I am delighted!! Weighed in a day early and have lost 6lbs this week!!! So happy :)

Wowee .. Well done :)))))

Last edited:
Back