Healthy Extras - splitting them?

anwen

Is it ok to split healthy extras, e.g. if I wanted to use a teaspoon of pine nuts and two teaspoons of olive oil (a tablespoon of either is a healthy extra) could I do that and count it as 1 HEb?

Yeah, it's fine to split Healthy Extras, but you need to make sure you have the right amount - your example would be two thirds over - a teaspoon is 5ml and a tablespoon is 15ml so you'd have to have 1.5 teaspoons of each :)

Hmmm, I always thought the answer to this was no! Guess I am wrong!

is it important to have your healthy extras each day, only i put down milk for my a choice everyday, because i can't live without tea, but i only have 2-3 cups a day and don't use anywhere near 250ml semi-skimmed. should or could i have a small amount of cheese aswell? i miss cheese so much, i haven't had any since christmas!

This is from the SW website

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice. With all single item choices, feel free!

All it means is that you can split your HE if it is a single item like 350ml of skimmed milk or 28g cheese. You can't do it if there are two thing like 28g porridge + 1 scan bran. So yes you can split your HEA to have both some milk and some cheese.

You have cheered me up no end!!!! :D I have been splitting mine, thinking it was ok, then thought it was not ok, but now it is fine again! :D :D :D

This is from the SW website

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice. With all single item choices, feel free!

Thanks for posting this Circes! I had no idea we were allowed! I always just thought I was being naughty. My C was just saying last week that we def weren't allowed so I passed this onto her!

I frequently split my healthy extras. For example tomorrow I'm going to have 42g of branflakes and 1.5 scan brans as 1.5 healthy extra b. To make up the remaining half healthy b, I'll have 2 dark rye ryvitas with lunch!

Syns or HEB?

Hiya, I'm pretty new to this and I am having a green day I was saving my HEb for some chicken to have with my dinner tonight ... but .. I just had a bag of ryvita minis. If I have half the amount of chicken I have for dinner can I then count 2.5 syns for the minis and save some syns to have mayo on my salad??:confused:

Back