Healthy Mexican Food

iamdetermined

I am planning on doing fajitas tonight with LF cheese and plenty of free onions, mushrooms, peppers and salad but what can i do without SOUR CREAM????

Has anyone tried the 0% Greek yoghurt instead?

Any other suggestions for healthy Mexican style food? How about any spicy rice suggestions?

Thanks

I am planning on doing fajitas tonight with LF cheese and plenty of free onions, mushrooms, peppers and salad but what can i do without SOUR CREAM????

Has anyone tried the 0% Greek yoghurt instead?

Any other suggestions for healthy Mexican style food? How about any spicy rice suggestions?

Thanks

I always use 0% Greek yoghurt Iamdetermind, and it works really well as a substitute :D

0% greek yogurt is ace. I make all sorts of stuff using that, including a cucumber raita with fresh mint for a curry. Its proper nom.

I am sure it would be a more than fab replacement for sour cream.

Add lemon juice to 0% greek yoghurt, it will give it the tangy taste of sour cream....

Add lemon juice to 0% greek yoghurt, it will give it the tangy taste of sour cream....

Great idea Mrs Harley, I LOVE Mexican food so the thought of going without sour cream upsets me, I'll be sure to give this a try!!

I have always wanted to know about mexican food so i must try it

Being from the states, mexican food is more of a staple here like curry is to the brits. And in my opinion, one of the easiest cuisines to make "lean". Fajitas are GREAT and u can pile so much veg in there. A fajita salad is also amazing and doesn't really need dressing. Refried beans are AWESOME and they're easy to make. And spanish rice. YUM! I guess I know what I'm making for dinner now!

Being from the states, mexican food is more of a staple here like curry is to the brits. And in my opinion, one of the easiest cuisines to make "lean". Fajitas are GREAT and u can pile so much veg in there. A fajita salad is also amazing and doesn't really need dressing. Refried beans are AWESOME and they're easy to make. And spanish rice. YUM! I guess I know what I'm making for dinner now!

How do you make refried beans hun?? I have only ever bought them in a tin! I love them, cant believe they are free!!!

Mmmm think I might factor in a mexican night this week - We all like Britmums fajita pasta!

U just have to buy pinto beans. Dried or canned. I'll find u a recipe and post it on here. :)

ohh yummy I love SW ,soo many lovely things to try , deffo gonna try 0% and some refried beans too fajitas used to be a fave of mine:D

Fry up some onions and minced garlic with frylite. Add cooked pinto beans a little at a time, mashing as u go with a little stock or water. To get the thinner restaurant style, puree them or half of them. They should have a smooth creamy texture. Traditional refried beans use lard. Frylite will have to do.

Thanks for that recipe mommynoriana, I'm making tacos tonight so this will go well but I will do it with kidney beans as that's all I have! :)

Kidney beans?! Hmmmm. How did that go? I'm sure there was a difference in flavor but did it work out nicely?

Mmm, sounds very yummy! How did they work out? I love Mexican food! X

They were good although the skins of the beans are a bit thicker.
I am making it again tonight with spicy rice and fajitas yum yum :)

Well I'm so glad they were good! Mexican is such an easy cuisine to make sw friendly. Eat up!

hi does anybody know which are the lowest syn's in tortilla wraps/taccos cause they seem to b quite a lot of syns each . . . unless im lookin up the wrong ones . . . the asda ones are 4.5 syns each . . but id need at least 2/3 . . supose as a one off they wouldnt b too bad

Back