Healthy pregnancy on sw

Another day finished on plan :) I'm really enjoying being on sw, doesn't really feel like a diet, feels like something I could do forever.

hubby being a pain and insisting I consume more calories, I'm not even counting calories and really don't want to start. I know that I eat when I'm hungry, make sure I have 2 healthy as and bs everyday and plenty of fruit/veg etc. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

off to sleep now, my daughter is doing her sats and the teacher insists that they get to school for 8am to go to breakfast club, only 2 more days of getting up earlier than normal.

goodnight x x

Hi, another tiring day but still sticking to plan so feeling happy with myself. I'm working tonight but only for 2 hours so not too bad, I cant wait to get home and get into bed.

I'm having my maximum syns now so hopefully that will limit my weight loss to 1lb per week, hopefully that will keep my husband happy.

plan is to continue sw after I have my son and get to my goal weight. by losing 1lb per week during pregnancy it would mean I'd end up at around 13stone, hopefully around a stone less after baby is born with weight of baby, placenta, waters etc so I could end up a lot closer to my goal weight. how great would that be. having a healthy pregnancy and losing weight. hopefully at my next scan when hubby sees that baby is growing well he'll be less concerned.

x x

so I've lost the battle with my husband over sw. I'm so tired of him going on that I've said I'll stop going. least I wont have him moaning daily and sending me messages about the dangers of losing weight whilst pregnant etc. I'm still following the plan, don't think he'd notice really. I feel really annoyed at him as he's not willing to listen to anything I've got to say about it, doesn't matter that gp and midwife are happy with it. anyway I'm a little sad about not going to group but I have scales at home so I'll record my weight from there. luckily my scales weigh the same as sw.

goodnight x x

good morning,

woke up and felt really positive about continuing eating well. still slightly sad about not going to group but overall having no stress from my husband will be better for me than getting weighed at group. I'm going to continue with a Monday weigh in but it will be at home instead of at group. I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and the scales are showing almost 2lbs down since Monday. so that leaves only 1lb to a stone loss in 6 weeks. I'm feeling so much better for eating well.
I find that when I'm not pregnant my weight is so up and down a week before I'm due up until a few days afterwards, its strange monitoring my weight now I'm pregnant as that's not an issue :)

I'm hoping now that I'm not attending group, there will be no stress at home.

at work I always tell my clients to look at the positives of a situation as there's usually some in most situations, so the positives of not attending group are;
1. no stress from my husband
2. save £20 a month
3. gives me an extra evening free
4. can weigh first thing in the morning

it will be interesting to see if I can continue sw on my own without the support and motivation of going to group. my sw consultant is lovely too and messages me every few days.

better to ready for work xx

so I've lost the battle with my husband over sw. I'm so tired of him going on that I've said I'll stop going. least I wont have him moaning daily and sending me messages about the dangers of losing weight whilst pregnant etc. I'm still following the plan, don't think he'd notice really. I feel really annoyed at him as he's not willing to listen to anything I've got to say about it, doesn't matter that gp and midwife are happy with it. anyway I'm a little sad about not going to group but I have scales at home so I'll record my weight from there. luckily my scales weigh the same as sw.

goodnight x x

Oh noooo what a shame! How strange that he is so against it despite the midwife and doctor being very much for it!?

I hope that you are able to continue on your own at home and can keep us updated. Good luck x

Oh noooo what a shame! How strange that he is so against it despite the midwife and doctor being very much for it!?

I hope that you are able to continue on your own at home and can keep us updated. Good luck x

Hi,

yeah its strange, he said if all the health professionals in the world said sw is ok, he still wouldn't want me doing it while pregnant. men!! I know he's coming from a place of care but its still annoying. anyway I'm pretty sure I can continue at home, I know what I need to be eating and can still use my books to guide me etc.

have a good day x x

Hi all,

had a good day today, no moaning from hubby so far so cant be bad lol.

17 weeks pregnant today which means only 22 weeks until my C-section. I'm hoping to lose 1lb every week if possible as I have plenty spare :) if I manage this then I'll be 12st 13lbs when baby is born. started pregnancy at 15st 6lbs. so would be much healthier and a lot closer to my goal weight. it would great to just be overweight and not obese but we'll see how it goes. it might be that I start gaining soon which will be ok, just want to make sure I'm being healthy and not gaining massive amounts

x x

Hey,

I find the main issue with not being weighed at group is that I start weighing everyday. In the past I'd always weigh daily but got out of the habit a while ago. Weighed today and quarter lb down from yesterday so that means quarter of a lb until 1 stone loss with sw. I'm going to try my best to avoid the scales until official weigh in day which is Monday.

No work tomorrow for a change so looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

x x

ok so I have 3 days off work, I'm self employed so pretty much choose my own hours anyway but I'm really looking forward to maternity leave. I was going to work right up until a few days before my C-section but now I'm thinking of having the last month off. today has been lovely being at home all day so I'm going to think about when is best for me to stop working. It will be lovely to have the day to myself, nice relaxing bath, music, housework and catching up on tv shows etc. I cant wait.

I'll also decided to commit to not weighing daily, I don't want to become obsessed with the scales again. I'm planning on only weighing myself on a Monday morning but if I weigh half way through the week, that's ok too, just not everyday. I started sw in the hope of not gaining, not to lose, was only because sw consultant and midwife said its fine to lose as long I'm eating enough that I've decided on hoping to lose 1lb per week, so I need to remember that. I'm 1/4lb away from losing a stone in the last 5/6 weeks so cant complain. If I have my baby at the weight I am today then I will view that as really successful, so if I don't lose anymore its fine. obviously it would be great if I lose some more. I've been told its only if I lose more than 4lbs per week following sw that I'd need to get my food diary checked to make sure that I'm eating enough.

I can really notice the weight loss around my collar bones and round ribs. its strange to be shrinking in some areas but my tummy growing :) I have a nice little bump now but not sure if it could be mistaken for fat.

right better get the next load of washing done, after how sunny the last few days have been, my daughters decide to bring me 3 loads of washing this morning when its raining. sure half the stuff hasn't been worn. kids!!

x x

another successful day eating good healthy food. my body feels so good when I'm eating well. as a family we are eating so much fruit, the kids always had at least a few pieces of fruit a day, but since I started sw and I'm eating loads, they have followed so guess we're all a bit healthier :) I'm shopping twice a week for fruit, each time I get 5 bags of apples, 5 bags of oranges, 4 bags of bananas etc. seems loads when I buy it but it goes so fast.

no weighing myself now until Monday. I'm already 2lbs down since Monday so if sts Monday morning I'll be over the moon, only need to lose about 1/4lb to be a stone less than when I started sw last month, I still cant believe I've lost so much eating the amount I am.

I really believe that I'll be able to eat this way forever :)

Im off to watch blacklist and then get some sleep

only 153 until I meet my baby :)

Good morning,

its lovely to wake up on Saturday and know that I don't have work :) I do actually love my job but recently I'm slightly distracted with being pregnant, 152 days left.

plan for the day is to go shopping, bit of housework and then have a relaxing day with hubby and kids, maybe watch a couple of movies.

feel a bit annoyed at myself as I weighed myself again today, it feels like a need every morning, I really don't mind what the scale says, its just that I want to know. weighed in at 14st 6lbs which means 3lbs down and still 2 days until official weigh in. I will try harder not to weigh tomorrow x x

having such a lazy day today, need to get sorted and go shopping.

just been working out how much I might weigh at the end of my pregnancy, if I lose 1lb per week I'll end up around 12st 12lbs, if I lose 1.5lbs per week I'll be 12st 1lb and if I lose 2lbs per week I'll be 11st 4lbs. my goal weight is 10st 7lbs so if I lost 2lbs a week then I'd probably be at my goal weight after the weight of baby and placenta etc was out. that would be so crazy. I don't think that I'm going to lose that much though. I think it will probably slow down around 28 weeks but we'll see.

wherever weight I end up on, I'm going to continue sw after baby is born. If I can stick to it throughout pregnancy without going to group, there's probably no point going back unless I'm struggling. have to see how it goes. so far so good.

off shopping now x x

Hi Jenny .. don't worry about the weighing every day as it really doesn't matter it's more to do with what you think about it .. I weigh every day but if I find that I have gained a pound I am quite sure it will come off again in the next day or two.
Congratulations on the pregnancy!

Hi Emmaline,

thank you :)

I notice we have pretty similar start, current and goal weights. maybe I need to give myself a break about weighing, like you I wouldn't mind if I went up a lb because I know I'm eating well.

x x

had an awful night with my back, I've had back pain for years since a car crash but when I'm pregnant its really bad, I couldn't get comfortable and had to wake hubby up at 5am to massage me, managed to get a couple of hours of sleep after that so might get him to massage me every night before I go to sleep in the hope of getting more sleep.
my 4 year old son woke me up at 9 so not too bad and said mommy wake up because I love you. he's so sweet.

plan for today, ironing, planning meals for the next few days. I love to get the garden done as its overgrown but cant do anything like that when pregnant as I'm high risk so have to wait for the hubby to do it, he's not bothered about the garden. might see if my daughters want to give it a go.

off to make lunch x x

Yes we are very similar as I suffer from a very bad back too except mine is an age thing but due to being spina bifida and I can't do any gardening now although at one time I had an allotment plus I kept all the gardens round here tidy as well.
I've just been tested for sleep apnea but it turns out that my sleep is constantly interrupted by the pain in my back .. it's really draining not being able to get a good nights sleep isn't it?

I expect you will have to be very careful during your pregnancy especially in the last few weeks .. great that your OH is helpful with the massages!
Take care :snoopyhouse:

Yes we are very similar as I suffer from a very bad back too except mine is an age thing but due to being spina bifida and I can't do any gardening now although at one time I had an allotment plus I kept all the gardens round here tidy as well.
I've just been tested for sleep apnea but it turns out that my sleep is constantly interrupted by the pain in my back .. it's really draining not being able to get a good nights sleep isn't it?

I expect you will have to be very careful during your pregnancy especially in the last few weeks .. great that your OH is helpful with the massages!
Take care :snoopyhouse:

sorry to hear that :( yes sleep is so difficult when you're in pain and then the next day feeling exhausted. mine is usually only really bad in pregnancy, rest of the time I take co-codamol before bed and that usually helps but I don't like taking anything when pregnant.

Hope you have a good day x x

Hi,

weighed again today instead of tomorrow morning as its going to be hectic in the morning, my daughter has a trip so needs to be out really early, I'm working too so this week Sunday can be my wi day. I've lost another 3lbs this week :) I still feel shocked when I lose weight with sw as I eat loads. feeling pleased that I've lost a stone at week 5 wi

x x

Back