Healthy pregnancy on sw

Hi,

woke up feeling refreshed today. 145 until baby is here, I'd love to know how much I'll weigh just before my C-section but only time will tell. it would be great to be in the 13s, that would mean losing 7lbs and then maintaining my weight, no idea if I'll be able to do that, lose more or gain some.

Off out shopping now.

here's to another day on plan :)

x x

Hi,

weigh in tomorrow and I'm feeling a little nervous. I haven't had the best week of eating so I've got my fingers crossed that I sts, I seem to gain really easily so we'll see.

last night my back was really bad and I couldn't face cooking, we order pizza and chips, I only had one slice of pizza and about 10 chips but I'd already had around 11 syns so another day of going over. I'm really noticing the difference of not going to group but its ok. hopefully when I weigh in tomorrow morning I'll be able to get back on track again.

we're doing the garden today as the weather is nice, when I say we, I'll be supervising lol. hubby and kids are doing the work. I might try and do a bit but I know my husband will tell me to sit down and rest.

totally on plan so far today.

x x

Good morning,

weigh in this morning and I gained 1lb. I'm not upset or disappointed and its probably deserved as I haven't stuck to syns and haven't had enough water. I'm determined to get the 1lb off by next Monday and maybe even 1 more. Also last night when I was relaxing in the bath, I noticed that my tummy had popped out, before my bump was only pronounced at the bottom part of my tummy but not its sticking out all the way past my ribs, I look really pregnant almost instantly, how did that happen? lol. so guess the lb could be from my growing bump. I'm still 13.5lbs down than when I got pregnant so not complaining.
Today I need to make a meal plan and stick to it. hoping to keep syns at no more than 10 per day and drink plenty of water so I find I retain water.

so although I gained, I feel positive about it and hopefully it will help me get back on track and be more focused. I know how good it feels when I get on the scales and the number is lower so that's the feeling I'm looking for next week.

have a good day x x

Hi,

had a couple of bad days. not felt very well and have been all over the place emotionally. must be pregnancy hormones as everything else in life is good. I'm feeling like hiding away at home and not doing anything. its such a strange feeling. obviously I still have to go out to work and school runs etc. making me think I'm going to stop working for maternity leave a lot sooner than I'd planned. I'm self-employed so its my choice when I stop working. I'm working this evening, wish I was staying at home.

hopefully a less hormonal day tomorrow.

x x

Hi l,

I'm finding it really hard not going to group, my motivation is low and I'm easily tempted into making bad choices. I've ordered 3 sw meals from Iceland so hopefully they'll will help a little. would love to get my motivation back, its probably a combination of not going to group and now having a massive pregnant tummy.

I really want to go back to group x x

Oh Jenny, sending you a big hug.

Have you thought about going to a group during the day and not telling your husband?

Sending you lots of love x x

PS have just noticed your signature - you are only 18 lbs away from a healthy BMI? That is amazing!!!!

You are doing soooooo well! To find the motivation when you don't have hormones raging around your body and you do go to group is hard enough but to be pregnant and following slimming world by yourself without any support and not going to group is near on impossible......but you are doing it!! Be very proud of yourself. If it was easy we would all be skinny! Don't not enjoy your pregnancy but at the same time, once you have given birth and you are slimmer than you have been before then you will be so proud of yourself and you will totally be able to enjoy your new baby much more than you would if you were disappointed with yourself/your body

I desperately regret piling on so much weight when I was pregnant. I felt so low because of it both during and after the pregnancy. Well done on your amazing achievement so far and keep going! It will be absolutely worth it in the end and you will be even more proud of yourself! x

Oh Jenny, sending you a big hug.

Have you thought about going to a group during the day and not telling your husband?

Sending you lots of love x x

PS have just noticed your signature - you are only 18 lbs away from a healthy BMI? That is amazing!!!!

Hi Buffy,

thanks for the hug.

that's such a good idea about going to a group and keeping it quiet. I think I'm going to check to see there's one on in the morning, thank you.

haha thanks for pointing out the healthy bmi thing, I wrote it wrong :( its 18lbs until I am in the overweight category. I'll go and change it now.

hope all is good with you x x

You are doing soooooo well! To find the motivation when you don't have hormones raging around your body and you do go to group is hard enough but to be pregnant and following slimming world by yourself without any support and not going to group is near on impossible......but you are doing it!! Be very proud of yourself. If it was easy we would all be skinny! Don't not enjoy your pregnancy but at the same time, once you have given birth and you are slimmer than you have been before then you will be so proud of yourself and you will totally be able to enjoy your new baby much more than you would if you were disappointed with yourself/your body

I desperately regret piling on so much weight when I was pregnant. I felt so low because of it both during and after the pregnancy. Well done on your amazing achievement so far and keep going! It will be absolutely worth it in the end and you will be even more proud of yourself! x

thank you for the supportive words. I really need the group so I'm going to go tomorrow morning. hubby at work so he'll be none the wiser.

hope you're doing well. x x

Hi,

what a difference a day can make :)

I went to a slimming world group this morning, its a different consultant as my old one doesn't run morning groups and I actually like this group better.

motivation is right back up, I'm determined to have a great week and lose at least 1lb. I've had 1L of water so far today and stuck to sw for breakfast, I have the rest of my food planned for the day. I'm feeling really good.

I don't like keeping things from my husband but I think this is the best option as if I tell him I'll have all the moaning and stress, if I don't go I lose motivation so sometimes its good to put myself first.

I decided that my goal for this pregnancy is to get into the 13s and hopefully then maintain. this would probably mean that I'm really in 12s after the weight of the baby/placenta etc. fingers crossed.

off to collect my son from nursery now.

x x

forgot to add, when I got weighed this morning I was the same as what I'd weighed myself on Monday so I'm really pleased. for 5 days I've only semi been on plan so thought I'd be up at least 1 or 2lbs. I think if I drink enough water and stick to plan all week then I could lose maybe 2/3lbs but I'd be happy with 1lb. only just over 7lbs from being in the 13s.

I'm feeling so happy now I'm back at group, looking forward to next week.

kids have 9 days off, I'm only working a little bit so we'll be able to have some nice days out, hopefully we'll have lots of sunny days.

not sure if I mentioned my weight loss chart, I got it off ebay for a couple £. its laminated and comes with a pen and on mine has 6 stone, you cross of each lb as you lose it. I'm a quarter of the way there :)

x x

Good morning,

I had such a lovely evening last night, I usually work Friday night but decided I needed a night off and I'm so glad I did. we had a bbq and all sat outside together. it was so nice.

I was totally on plan yesterday, drank a good amount of water too.

I've planned meals for today as find that really helps me stay on track.

motivation really high :)

If I lose 1.5lbs this week then I'll be my lightest this pregnancy and a step closer to the 13s. feeling excited :)

x x

I've just been inspired by another thread, every time I get a stone off I'm going to reward myself. I think I'm going to start saving money to buy lots of new clothes when I get to goal, a certain amount for every 1lb lost. I did this years ago when I lost 4/5stone and it was lovely going shopping for a new wardrobe feeling good about how I looked. I'm already 24lbs down and want to lose 60lbs in total so if I save £10 per lb I'll have £600 to spend.

need to think of some stone goals xx

My lovely little man didn't wake me up until 10am today, it was so nice:)

yesterday I was on plan all day, I find sw so much easier when I'm going to group.

I have my 20 week scan on Thursday, I cant wait. hoping the dr will give me a date for my C-section, I like to plan well in advance so I can sort school run out for the day I have baby etc.
my bump is getting big now, the baby doesn't even weigh 1lb yet but my tummy must be expanding ready to accommodate him.

We're going out for a carvery tonight, I don't have gravy and not that bothered about Yorkshire puddings so the only thing to syn is the stuffing, I love stuffing so not having any other syns today so I can have plenty.

136 days left until baby comes x x

Hi all,

had good and maybe bad news at the scan yesterday, mainly good though. baby is growing well and all organs look good, such a relief.
they tested my urine and I had the highest possible reading for glucose that the machine reads, dr asked what I'd eaten and then said I have a massive chance of having gestational diabetes. I'm already high risk as I'm overweight, both parents are diabetic and I have pcos. my app was in 6 weeks but they have changed it to Monday. Dr told me to stop eating fruit!!!!!!! I love fruit and probably have 6-10 pieces a day. he said if its confirmed then no fruit for the rest of the pregnancy which seems crazy but obviously I'll have to follow what they say to manage the condition the best I can. dr said that diet can often control it but if not I'll be put on metformin, I told him I was already on it for pcos and he seems concerned that I'd have such a high reading with already being on the medication to control it. we'll see what happens on Monday, I get the result the same day.

so slimming world is on hold, I'm still eating well, just no fruit. I didn't go to weigh in this morning as thought I'd wait until I find out what's happening on Monday. plus I didn't go to sleep until 4am and then the builders started my neighbours drive at 7am, so tired now. I did weigh myself at home and I'm about the same as last week, maybe half a lb down.

I also got my C-section date, baby coming 12th Oct. I'm so excited, only 132 days to go. x x

Oh that sucks about glucose levels, but it sounds like you are following medical advice well.
Is it possible to get different readings depending on how recently you ate sugar (natural or otherwise)?
Ultimately though, eating well is going to produce a healthy baby.

Sending you a big hug. Hope you are not feeling too stressed x x

Back