Healthy pregnancy on sw

Jenny_b

Gold Member
Hi all,

I'm currently almost 16 weeks pregnant and have 4/5 stone to lose. I decided to start sw 4 weeks ago so that I have a really healthy pregnancy and limit weight gain. I gained around 4 stone when I was pregnant with my son so really want to avoid that happening again.

over the last 3 weigh ins I've lost 8.5lbs. I'd be happy staying the same weight but if I can lose a bit in a healthy way then that would be great. my sw consultant said its fine to lose during pregnancy.

only issue is my overprotective husband, he hates the idea of any type of diet plan whilst pregnant so it feels like a constant battle. we've agreed that if I lose more than 1lb per week I will up my syns a little. it will be interesting to see how much weight I gain/lose this pregnancy on sw.

I'm really enjoying the plan so far, feel really healthy and love that I can eat plenty and not gain weight. wish I'd tried sw years ago.

I'll try and update everyday. off to collect my son from nursery.

have a good day all x x

so another good day on sw :) I find it really easy and eat plenty.

my husband ordered a pizza while I was at the shop, I'm not going to have it but don't fancy cooking for just me. so I'm going to have a ham and beetroot salad with a load of veg, only take a couple of minutes.

x x

Hi Jenny,

Congratulations! You're doing so well! I can't wait to hear your progress!

What a shame that your husband doesn't see the benefits. Would he be willing to go along with you to a meeting one day maybe? Or maybe you could find some interesting articles about healthy weight loss on line that you can point out to him?

I really hope it doesn't put you off. I put on sooooo much weight and felt absolutely dreadful during both my pregnancies because I didn't eat healthily.

I bet you're excited for your gender scan. Hope all goes well :)

Hi Jenny,

Congratulations! You're doing so well! I can't wait to hear your progress!

What a shame that your husband doesn't see the benefits. Would he be willing to go along with you to a meeting one day maybe? Or maybe you could find some interesting articles about healthy weight loss on line that you can point out to him?

I really hope it doesn't put you off. I put on sooooo much weight and felt absolutely dreadful during both my pregnancies because I didn't eat healthily.

I bet you're excited for your gender scan. Hope all goes well :)

Hi Jodstar,

thank you :)

I'm hoping he comes round to my way of thinking. he was concerned about babies growth but measurements are spot on today at scan so think he's a little more relaxed now. I'm having a boy which will mean I have 2 of each :)

with my older children, I wasn't overweight and only gained a stone each time, with my son 4 years ago I gained around 4 stone and felt rubbish, I was already overweight when I got pregnant and remember feeling gigantic after he'd been born, don't want that feeling again so regardless of what hubby says, I'm sticking to it.

x x

I had such a good day today, food has been totally on plan and only 5 syns, hubby likes me to have all 15 but didn't fancy anything else. I make a lovely home cooked chicken Balti.
I've also been baby clothes shopping, I love all the tiny baby clothes, got quite a lot, blankets, clothes etc. I've chosen baby furniture too but don't want to order it for a few weeks as we're changing bedrooms round so will be easier without extra furniture.

when I was doing my hair in the mirror this morning, I noticed that my upper body looks smaller :) more definition in my shoulders and my arms looked slimmer. obviously my bump is growing which I love :)

not long until weigh in, I'm hoping to lose 1lb but if I maintain I'll be happy too. I wonder if I'll get to a point where I gain eating the same but not sure how that would work, my dr said that the baby takes everything it needs from my body so I guess if I continue with sw the whole pregnancy, then the baby would take from my fat stores maybe. I have regular growth scans as my first baby was for small for dates. this will hopefully help my husband be more relaxed about sw if I continue losing as long as baby is the right size.

off to bed now. x x

wow interesting to see that you are doing great so far. I am also interested to follow the plan. :)

Hi Baileyg,

thank you, I've done so many diets over the years but with sw it doesn't feel like a diet at all. I feel really healthy and probably have never eaten this much in life but I'm still losing weight as I'm making good food choices most of the time.

beat of luck x x

Hi all,

I received my weight loss chart from ebay yesterday. its great, was only a couple of £ and is laminated and comes with a pen to cross the lbs off. the one I have is for 6 stone as from start weight to goal weight is 5 stone 4lbs. it felt good crossing off the lbs I've lost so far, made me see how far I'd come and how awful I felt at my heaviest.

I had a cheeky weigh in at home this morning, I usually weigh myself on a Monday morning and then have group on the evening and I always weigh the same on sw scales as I do at home. anyway scales show a 2lbs loss since last Monday so feel really pleased with that especially after eating out the other day and going way over syns. my aim is 1lb loss per week but the odd 2lbs is fine too. its difficult to know exactly what to eat to only lose 1lb lol my crazy husband said work out the calories and only lose half a lb a week, I cant predict how my body will lose. men are a pain sometimes.

if sw shows a 2lb loss tomorrow then I'm only 3lbs away from 2stone loss from my heaviest weight. I've been reading stories of overweight ladies losing weight their whole pregnancy, so guess if I continue to eat the way I am then that could be true for me too. my sons health is my number 1 priority so obviously if I'm losing too much weight I'll have to change something.

I have around 26 weeks left of pregnancy so if I lose 1lb per week I'll end up at 12st 12lbs, my booking in weight was 15st 8lbs so that would almost be a 3 stone loss. that's a lot of weight! by the time baby comes out, placenta, water etc I could be in the 11s, that would be amazing as I feel pretty good when I'm in the 11s but we'll see. might be dreaming a little lol.

having a relaxing day at home today. x x

Jenny I am so happy to see you again!!!!! And with such wonderful progress with your pregnancy, and weight loss :):wee::D

SW and pregnancy works really well - midwife's even suggest it for their obese mothers. Maybe your husband can speak to your midwife if he is concerned?

Here to follow the rest of your journey (baby and weight loss) x x

Last edited:
Jenny I am so happy to see you again!!!!! And with such wonderful progress with your pregnancy, and weight loss :):wee::D

SW and pregnancy works really well - midwifes even suggest it for their obese mothers. Maybe your husband can speak to your midwife if he is concerned?

Here to follow the rest of your journey (baby and weight loss) x x

Hi Buffy,

yeah I'm so pleased I found out sw when pregnant is ok to do, I was dreading gaining 4 stone like I did with my son. yeah good idea about him speaking to my midwife, I'm seeing her tomorrow so I'll see if he's free to come :)

you're doing great, you must feel so much better. massive well done. cant wait to see before and after pics :)

x x

weigh in day today, I always feel excited to get weighed lo.

last pregnancy at 17 weeks ish, Id gained around 20lbs. feeling happy that I'm down 8.5lbs so far. I don't think my bad knee could handle a big gain as I'm already overweight.

off to see the midwife now.

have a good day all, I'll update sw results tonight x x

Hi,

just got back from weigh in and I've lost 3lbs :) totally surprised after my celebration day eating the other day. total lost over last 4 weigh ins is 11.5lbs. only 2.5lbs from my 1 stone award :)

I'm still aiming for 1lb loss per week but not complaining at 3lbs.

midwife is happy for me to continue sw the whole pregnancy, she said its fine to lose weight as long as I'm eating enough, being healthy and not starving myself. I'm actually eating more on sw than I was before.

have husband issues every week after weigh in, might have to tell him I sts or gained next week just so that I don't have his moaning about the baby not getting everything he needs. men! I know its just because he cares but its so annoying when I know I'm eating plenty and being really healthy, obviously that's best for baby instead of eating junk for 9 months.

off to have dinner, bath and early night x x

Hi,

feeling tired and a bit rough today. my son has been coughing all night so is off nursery today. he seems fine now and full of energy lol. usually when I'm feeling tired I grab anything to eat, generally something sweet but I'm so determined to stay on plan and be as healthy as I can that I grabbed two ryvita and dairylea light triangles. I really like them and they are on plan. I've found that I've pretty much stopped craving sugary foods since being on sw.

I'm hoping to continue losing 1lb per week and by the time my son is born be overweight instead of obese :)

x x

Back