Healthy Xmas Buffet Ideas

Ah they look totally fab! :D Kinda like a Santa version of Antony Gormley! :8855:

field1.jpg

wow , you have lost 101 lbs !! Thats amazing !!

Righty. Here is ze buffet list for NYE:

Things on sticks:
- Sausages in bacon
- Cheese & pickled onion/gherkin
- Cheese, tomato & basil

Dips:
- Spicy Hummus
- Poicamole
- Pakora dip
- Lemon & mint dip
- Garlicky dip

Things to dip:
- Snap peas
- Baby corn
- Carrot sticks
- Smash cheese scones
- Smash Marmite whirly sticks

Nibbles:
- Bhajis
- Pakoras
- Samosas
- Wedges
- Breaded mushrooms

Salads:
- Green salad
- Coronation salad
- Puy lentil salad

Meats:
- Ham/beef slices
- Quorn slices

Pickles:
- SW piccalilli
- Onions, cabbage, gherkins, beetroot

Wanted some Marmite nuts but they've stopped selling them!!! :eek: How can this BE??? :eek: :cry: Santa is Satan!!!!! :(

What time do you want us to arrive? ;)

I went to morrisons today and armed myself with ...

Cocktail sticks ( I have a freezer shelf of Joes sausage and grills) free
3 tins of Ye Olde Gammon ( offer £1.99 ) free. These can go with pineapple on sticks.
French fries 4 syns
Individual multi pack of twiglets 4 syns I think.
Melba low fat toast 1/2 syn
3 tubes of Primula light ( useful for glueing salmon/ham/prawns to cucumber, cherry toms etc. it's HEXA too.
Glacier Foxes mints, fruits for the lounge Xmas sweety plate,instead of chocolates. 1 syn each.
Babybel lights.
8 jelly pots for puddings 1/2 syn
8 snowballs still have to syn these,but it's not Xmas eve without them. I've bought no other alcohol.
10 tins whole carrots ( no excuse not to have any third superfree in the house,if we get snowed in, easy to cook,as I don't intend on being stuck in the kitchen.
Tins of chickpeas and beans for hummus and curries.
Natural yogurt to make some of Ermintrudes free yog cheese.

I just need fresh stuff, sliced meats and prawns next week.

Ermintrude, I can't believe you're making all that, I want a break at Xmas :(

What time do you want us to arrive? ;)

Ermintrude, I can't believe you're making all that, I want a break at Xmas :(

We're going away for 2 weeks. The first week I'll be at my mum's so she'll be doing most of the cooking for Xmas Day/Boxing Day, then the second week me and the OH will be elsewhere on our own for the week and having my mum over for NYE/NYD when Ill be doing the cooking instead :)

Ill make most of the stuff (dips, mixes for bhajis, pakoras etc) the day before and keep them in the fridge, then just have to bung em in the oven NYE :)

Having venison for NYD dinner, yum yum :)

Hi everyone - had my Xmas taster session tonight

I surpassed myself and actually c-o-o-k-e-d something... although those Strawberry santas looked fab Im very clumsy and could imagine them falling everywhere and being one lump of mush by time I'd got there.

I made a roast veg frittata - roasted mushrooms, red onion, red pepper, courgette, salt, pepper, bit of mixed herbs and eggs. Went down very well - in fact it all went!!! Have made this a few times before and is one of the very few dishes i am successful at!!! Though it didnt look as good as your guys strawberry santas I must admit :)

Its my third week at sw (this time) - i've lost 12lbs and am very pleased. Obviously its Crimbo v v soon but I aim to just see how it goes - not try to go too mad then back on to it with gusto in New Year

Happy Christmas to you all :xmascheers:

Wonderful ideas for my NYE buffet. Can't wait to try the hummus.

Oh, and does anyone have any idea about the syns for the mini falafels? Would they be free on a green day? Don't start class till tomorrow...so no books yet! Please help, as would love to make these for my Sat night party.

Everyone's creativity never ceases to amaze me :) I am going to make some onion bahjis with smash (smarjies) I found a recipe that said use curry powder but have none..would turmeric or paprika work just as well?

Everyone's creativity never ceases to amaze me :) I am going to make some onion bahjis with smash (smarjies) I found a recipe that said use curry powder but have none..would turmeric or paprika work just as well?

Lol smarjies :) I'm not convinced turmeric tastes of very much- lovely yellow colour though. And paprika, depending on which you have, is usually like a sweet/smoky taste. Have you any other spices you could throw in? Cumin, coriander, garam masala? X

Lol smarjies :) I'm not convinced turmeric tastes of very much- lovely yellow colour though. And paprika, depending on which you have, is usually like a sweet/smoky taste. Have you any other spices you could throw in? Cumin, coriander, garam masala? X
Thanks I have some cumin and coriander...might try some with them over the weekend :D Fromage frais fresh mint dip and then that should be a nice buffet dish

I'm gonna have to read through this thread later, looks like some yummy stuff here

Back