heart murmur? contrandicated?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by helenfrompoole, 11 January 2010 Social URL.

1. helenfrompoole

helenfrompoole Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(31.94%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hey all, posted earlier saying i was having difficulty breathing so popped to doctors and he said i just have an infection nothing he can do - but he did find i have a heart murmur, had to have ecg and that confirmed it. :(

Anyways i read on cd webby that if your taking medications your contraindicated, but i presume i will be ok to carry on? Having more tests next week but for the moment dr doesnt seem to worried

Thanks all x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisa83

louisa83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(8.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Take good care of yourself and I hope everything is ok with the tests xxx

4. Nellyphant

Nellyphant Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.93%)
    I have a heart arrhythmia which was only found when I was in induced labour and I haven't any medication for as I had a load of tests and scan etc; but my GP was more than happy for me to do CD.

Good luck with the tests.

5. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi I have had a heart murmur since birth (pulmonary stenosis), I don't take any meds but have to have antibiotic cover for anaesthetics and for childbirth but am cleared as okay by my doctor to dothe diet.

I hope they soon get you sorted as to what it is - they told me that a heart murmur covers different faults (it's just the sound that the heart makes) and that the tests show which problem you have.

Hope this helps and good luck getting it all sorted out.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.