Height / Weight / Dress size

Pheonix2010

Silver Member
Saw this interesting thread on netmums

Your height, weight and dress size??

I know its been done to death but im curious to know what size ill be when I reach goal , Id love to be a 10 but think Ill more likely be 12

ATM

Height 5ft 1
weight 10st 13
Dress size 14

When I started at 12st 10 I was a 16/18

if that helps anyone !

I am 5'7'' and 223lb at the moment and wear 16 skirts/jeans and 18 blouses/16 tops. So by the time I get to 140lb/10st I hope I will be size 10. Don't think I will ever be an 8 but I would not mind 10 :) x

i think this is going to show how different everyone is . . .

ATM :

Height: 5ft 3
Weight: 12st 5lbs
Dress Size: 12 on top and most bottoms / Jeans size 14

Goes to show how different we carry it doesnt it!

im starting Slim and Save tomorrow sooooo hoping that size 10 is going to become almost touchable soon :)

x x x

i am 5, 7 and wear 16 bottoms and 18 tops, weighing 15,12,
i cant wait to get to around the 12 stone mark although 11.7 is probably more ideal for me i will be a size 12 then.
i was a size 10 at 11 stone 18 yrs ago before i had my daughter i am not sure a size 10 is for me although it sounds good, my face looks too thin.

I think I am quite lucky considering my weight, I could possibly be in much much bigger size clothes so I suppose I carry my weight rather well... Not that I feel like it!

We are very very very similar then cable! Will be interesting to compare how we lose and fit into new clothes!

I can't even remember my pre first pregnancy weight so size 10 is something I am aiming to but if I am happy at 11st and size 12 then I will stop there...

we are arent we, and yes you are right alot of people this weight would be in alot bigger sizes, i know its a cliche but i think i am quite big boned big hands size 8 feet, so this does make a difference when getting to a smaller size , probably why i dont look right at a size 10, my neck looks like a strangled chicken lol, and yes 11.7 is definitely the lowest i will go i think its the top weight on the weight range charts too.

Size 14

I don't get into the 12s until I weigh 11.12 and then into 10 at a weight of 10.7

I know what you mean! I think i would be ok between 10 and 11, my feet are size 6 and would generally be quite medium sized, it's just at the moment all my weight it spread across all over, bigger bust, tummy and thighs. I am just so desperate to get rid of 2 babies' fat and just be slim again...

My fiance wants one more baby which means I am going to have to put weight on again.. so i am hoping to lose as much as possible before I get pregnant, then try and do Slimming World whilst pregnant and then come back to SS when I can... Sounds so selfish when I say it like that, I would like another one but I am just so fed up with being fat years in a row and for once I would actually like to look nice as well.

mine is all around my middle and boobs, i have no bum or hips,, i think i was lucky i didnt think it at the time i have such bad sickness when pregnant i always lost weight and weighed less than when i started actually its bloody awful really, spending most of the time on a drip for nourishment, no more babies for me, well not now i am a granny, my 20 yr old amy has a little boy it would be just too weird!!!
hubby would love more but hitting 40 this april aparently life begins :).
mind you bettie after you have another you can always get back on this cant you x

Yes, same here, I have no bum and hips are normal too. Re pregnancy, I always felt sick but was never actually sick. I gained something horrendous like 60lb both times (obviously lost quite a bit after the 1st pregnancy but not a lot after the 2nd).
It would not be weird if you had another one, in today's world women start having kids approaching 40s since it's always career first. That was my whole reason for having kids early so I can have my life back when I am still young.
I know I can always come back but I don't want having to lose 150lb rather than 80 something like it is now.. I guess I will see how things go.

yes thats true, i mean weird being a granny and having another younger than my little grandson kaiden would be weird, am on some heavy duty meds now for the lupus so not really an option the risks would be too high, and yes i am all for having them early i had amy my first when i was 19 never regreted it, still worked and had a fab life with all 4 of my babies.

5'2
12st 5lb (173lb)
Size 16 bottom, not sure top- maybe 18? Not 16!

I'll soon be in my 14 jeans (well, the matalan ones. The M&S ones have a way to go!) My top i don't know as I am wearing all my 22s and 24s with an extra top under! Saves money and I'm sooo cold. When I get closer to goal I'll buy new stuff.

Starting measurements were:
Hight: 5ft 3
Weight: 14.8lbs
Size: size 18

Now:
weight: 12.8 (last weeks weigh in,its WI tomorrow)
Size: top 16, bottoms 14-16

Im aiming for a soze 10-12, but ideally just a comfortable 12 :) cant wait! wont be long now a couple more months!!

See, I'm so jealous of some of you guys. I'm

5' 6"
11st 3lb

Tops - 12-14
Jeans - 14
Dresses - 14

It's such a struggle for me to get down a dress size. When I was 14 st 1lb I was in size 16s, and it took me 2 stones until I could get in a 14. Last time I was in a 12 I was just over 10 st. So I know that I'm going to be in a 14 for at least another stone yet. It's not fair :(

Jan

Starting measurements:
Height: 5'2
Weight: 13.8
Size: 16 top, 18 bottoms

Now:
Weight: 11.9
Size: 12 top, 14 bottoms

It really does show how different we all are!

Obviously body shape has alot to do with clothes size and where you carry your extra weight, also how toned you are and muscle/fat ratio

Im large round the middle but have small hips , so although my hips would fit 12 jeans , my waist need a 14 , so its about getting the right cut of clothes I guess

Also I have large breasts (not bragging btw lol), so even if i reach size 12 jeans Ill always need at least size 14 top , trying to find a dress that fits is a absolute nightmare.

Height 5'6".

At the start I was 19 stone 4 lbs and a size 26

Now I'm 12 stone 1 lb and a size 14

Hoping to be a size 10 - don't know what weight that will be!

Back