Helens Diary

Good luck at your WI. You sound like you're doing brilliantly, ignore those demons - I found them the worst during weeks 1 and 2 and then as I got into the swing of things they stopped whispering so much to me. Looking forward to hearing how you get on xxxx

Thanks for the 'good luck' Gracielou. Ummzakaria that is a useful piece of information, I can hopefully live with the demons for another week, just not for months!

I am pleased to announce that I have lost just over 8lb. This is the same as when I did the diet in 2007 and I am particularly pleased because I spent last wednesday before the meeting in bed without eating anything so my glycogen stores were already slightly depleted.

I nearly didn't get to go though: My 12 year old daughter was being asked out on facebook by a (boy) friend from school. They got their wires crossed and the next thing we know is that he is suddenly cycling over to our house. Well I was pretty much in panic mode anyway at the thought of her having a boyfriend and there was no way I was going to leave her at home with a boy. He is probably very nice but still. I knew that he wasn't at home and that he didn't have a mobile but luckily he had given DD his home phone number and I managed to get hold of his mum, who was lovely. I explained the problem and she managed to get hold of his friend and tell them not to come over. I felt awful really, almost felt that I was accusing her son of wanting to attack my daughter but I am not sure what else I could have done. Anyway the catastophe was averted and they are meeting at the park for a date on Friday. I really don't know what boundaries to place on this, or any future dates so any advice will be gratefully received!

I mowed the lawn this morning, not a big deal for most people but something I have just been too tired to do. I have to say the grass was really long and although the garden is not big it took me ages, I had to stop four times for a rest (and breakfast). Had a long bath afterwards then took DD to meet her 'date' and friend and dropped them all at the park. I invited them back for tea and dropped them home at 7.30 so had a couple of nice hours scrapbooking. I also got several errands done, trip to morrisons (must go there more often, great prices), petrol and checking in-laws post whilst they are away)

Feel like I have turned a corner today, Once I had eaten my breakfast shake I wasn't remotely hungry and hardly thought about food - I had to make myself eat my final three packs. Feel like I'm getting in the zone! I am really not sure how long I can stomach any of the bars for so it may be all shakes for me from next Wednesday onwards. The LLC was showing us all a new whisk from LL last week, very small and quiet, a bit expensive but I might get one on Wednesday so I can make a shake discreetly at work and ditch those bars! Unfortunately I still have five left this week.

Friend of mine ran 50 miles yesterday, for 'fun' just to see if he could. I didn't even know this was humanly possible! Well done to Mark!

Well done Helen on your weight loss this week and also for resisting the food demons LOL.
Take care
Cathy

Back