Helen's quest for good health!

Well tried magic porridge, not bad! Quite shocked myself that I ate it but it adds to my list of things I can take to work for breakfast, it really filled me up to.

Monday 11th July (Double shift)

Breakfast:
Magic porridge (HEB) with banana

Lunch:
Crabsticks salad
Seafood sauce (1.5)

Dinner:
Spag bol (1.5) on jacket potato, 28g parmesan (HEA)
(superfree in spag bol - peppers, tomatoes, onions)

Snacks:
Apple
4x mikado sticks (2.0)

Total syns: 5.0

Didn't even eat my chopped fruit at work today as I was so full, however when I got home I "needed"'something and fruit wasn't going to hit the spot before going to bed so mikado sticks it was.. Should have just gone to bed and had nothing really!

Had a really lovely night last night, hubby and I went to the cinema to watch Bridesmaids, very funny, we then went to the new Mexican restaurant in Aylesbury, it was really good.. But I wasn't! Did intend to be good ish but was far to tempted by naughty things, figured as I got weighed yesterday I'd treat myself and back on plan today.

At weigh in I put on 1/2lb, although a little disappointed being I hadn't been for 2 weeks due to being on holiday in Croatia and working last week at least I've almost lost whatever I'd put on whilst away.

Tuesday 12th July (OFF)

Breakfast:
2x alpen light (HEB)

Lunch:
NY deli sandwich (HEB + 1 1/2 mayo & Dijon mustard)

Dinner:
A few nachos, lamb empanada, chimichanga, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, churros... Oops!

Wednesday 13th July (OFF)

Breakfast: I'm slipping back into my old habits!

Lunch:
Jacket potato, cheese (HEA) & beans

Dinner:
Piri piri chicken, chorizo potatoes (1tbsp olive oil HEB, chorizo 6.5), red onion

Snacks: prawns

I looked after my next door neighbours 3 weeks old for a couple of hours yesterday so she could get some bits done, have a bath and dry her hair. It was lovely, he is so cute, no I believe it when people say you can't get anything done with a baby!

We've got our 5K run today, I'm so nervous! Mark says I shouldn't be but I am!

Yeah we finished our 5K Fun Run in 42 mins, not too bad as usually run in the mornings, haven't run in that heat before and there were hills! They were killers!

My back is killing me this morning though, I'm in agony.

After the race we had s choice of burgers, chips etc or curry, I went for the curry but no idea how many syns. Also treated myself to a Mars bar, yummy but way over syns today.

Thursday 14th July (OFF - Fun Run)

Breakfast:
BLT (HEB + 1.0 mayo)

Lunch:
Bacon & mushroom risotto with Parmesan (HEA)

Dinner:
Chicken curry, rice, 2x samosas
1/2 can tango
Mars bar

Went over my syns yesterday by mistake, not too bad but still annoying!

Friday 15th July (Late shift)

Breakfast:
BLT (HEB + 1.0 2tbsp mayo)

Lunch:
Pitta bread (7.5)
Ham, tomato, 1tsp el mayo 0.5)

Dinner:
Prawn & mushroom curry, rice
Mini coriander & garlic naan (8.0)
Activia FF yoghurt
Strawberries & raspberries

Saturday 16th July (Late shift)

Breakfast:
Pitta bread (7.5)
Ham, tomato, 1tbsp el mayo (0.5)

Lunch;
Thai crab cakes (2.0)
Rocket & Tomato

Dinner:
Bacon & mushroom risotto
28g parmesan (HEA)

Snacks:
Chilli loop crisps (4.5)
2x alpen light (HEB)

Total syns: 14.5

Felt like I wanted to pick all day, resisted until I got home when I knew I could do it within my syns!

Last edited:
Sunday 17th July (Late shift)

Breakfast:
Bacon, SW sausage, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms
2 tbsp ketchup (1.0)
1x slice wholemeal bread (1/2 HEB)

Lunch:
Pitta bread (7.5)
Chicken
Salad
2tbsp el mayo (1.0)

Dinner:
Jambalaya (4.5)
Pineapple, melon, grapes, raspberries, nectarine

What a day, system up the creek and most flights corrupted, so busy, didn't even have time to eat my fruit, ate my banana and apple in the car on the way home.

Breakfast:
SW sausage sarnie(HEB)
1tbsp ketchup (0.5)

Lunch:
250g gnocchi (5.0)
Tuna, capers, lemon
10 olives (1.5)

Dinner:
Maple syrup chicken (2.5)
Wedges, broccoli, sweetcorn, carrots
3tbsp el mayo (1.5)

Snacks:
Banana
Apple
Hot chocolate (HEA + 3.5)

Total syns: 14.5

Last edited:
What?! It's that time already! I really didn't want to get up and don't normally have this problem.. Roll on this afternoon as I want to be back in bed!

Tuesday 19th July (Early shift)

Breakfast:
Magic porridge (HEB) & banana

Lunch:
Falafel, pitta bread (7.5), salad, natural yogurt with Asian spice

Dinner:
Blackened salmon (3.0), salad, new potatoes, natural yogurt with Asian spice mix

Snacks:
Nectarine, melon, pineapple, grapes, raspberries
Crabsticks

Was really proud of myself yesterday as went out with some girls from work for lunch/dinner, everyone was picking pies, chips, curly fries etc, I was in a dilemma as really wanted it but also wanted to be good for weigh in today. There was sea bass on menu but it was £14.99 and everyone else's meals were between £6 & £9, I was so torn but didn't want to discuss it with them so luckily found out we had to order and pay at bar and everyone was going to be paying for their own so I went for it.

Massive portion and was gorgeous, had some syns but definitely not as bad as it would have been if I'd had the fries etc.

Lost 2lb tonight, pleased with that as had Mexican meal in week and the restaurant meal yesterday.

Now weigh 15stone 1 1/2lb so need another 2lb off to get my 2 1/2 stone award.

Wednesday 20th July (Early)

Breakfast:
Magic porridge, sliced nectarine

Lunch:
Pea & ham soup (? Syns)
Wholemeal roll (HEB)

Dinner:
Grilled sea bass, roasted vegetables & roast new potatoes (? Syns)

Snacks:
Slice of ham

Thursday 21st July (OFF)

Breakfast: BLT (HEB + 1.0 mayo)

Lunch:
Falafel, pitta (7.5), tomatoes, natural yoghurt

Dinner:
Jacket potato, cheese (HEA) & beans

Snacks:
Hifi bar (6.0)
1/2 bar chocolate (5.5)

Total: 19.0

Gone over my syns but it was weigh in day and really felt like chocolate, shouldn't have had hifi bar after weigh in and then I would have been within my syns

Helen,

Good job on the two pounds esp. since you resisted the temptation to order similar foods as your mates.

Thanks Clevagirl, I never would have resisted in the past but really "in the zone" at the mo lol

Not quite sure I'll still be in it tonight as got a work do tonight starting at 17.00.. Never thought I'd say this but even contemplating driving so I don't put on next week!

Really looking forward to going out later but really don't know what to do! Drive and keep within my syns would be the sensible thing but I'm sure when I get there I'll get in the spirit of things and really want a drink! Or have a flexi day and have a few tipples and get the train.. Dilemma!

Breakfast (about 11am after gym):
Toast x2 (HEB), chicken slices, tomato

Lunch:
Jacket potato, cheese (HEA) and beans

Dinner:
Calamari, breaded mushrooms, chorizo, bread, olive oil (100's of syns!)

Snacks:
Crabsticks

Drinks:
Tequila, vodka (too many syns to count!)

Exercise:
30 mins cardio / 30 mins resistance

Last edited:
Oh dear I decided to drink last night.. Bit heady now though! Went way over syns and it took 3 hours to get home!!

Hannah your message has come at the right time, I'm having a bit of a meltdown, can't stop crying today and eating crap!

It's a vicious circle, I know I'm going out tonight as well so what did I do this morning when I got up.. Ate a bag of crisps.. Why? I don't know, once I'd eaten that I thought I'd have some chocolate, once I'd eaten that I felt so guilty I started to get upset, couldn't stop, went to Tesco,haven't had white bread since January, tiger bread was warm and smelt lovely, I bought it and just ate it.

I really am cross and upset with myself, I know what I need to do, I've given advise to other people so why can't I follow it now.

I'm figuring that as I'm going out in a few hours there isn't much I can do about it now, I'm going to enjoy myself this evening, try not to beat myself up about it and then straight back on plan tomorrow, and then try not to be too upset if I don't lose on Thursday

Thanks again, I think I had been on track and then having so many social functions this week I just kind of lost it.

Had a really good night last night, ate and drank what I wanted and I know I'm back on track from now, the fridge is full so I can just grab something where as yesterday I hadn't done the shopping so that's probably why I grabbed the crisps as just needed something quick.

When hubby came home he couldn't understand why I was crying about it but I think it's cos I really wanted 2lb off this week so was beating myself up about ruining that, but you're right I do have 5 days left so want to turn it around.

How's your journey going? X

That's the line drawn under yesterday!

And with five days to go until WI, you can do it!:)

ginlin said:
That's the line drawn under yesterday!

And with five days to go until WI, you can do it!:)

Thanks Ginlin, meals prepared now and in freezer, fruit chopped up, all raring to go x

Back