Hello all, another newbie

EllyB

Hi all, thought I'd write a quick note and introduce myself as I try to find my way around the forum.

I've finally reached my own personal tipping point where I've decided I just don't want to be this size any more, so with renewed determination it's back to dieting. I've never been able to face the idea of WW or SW so I wanted to find a different way of talking to other people in the same boat to get, and hopefully give, some support.

I have about 9 stone to lose to be an ideal weight, although I'm trying not to think about that too much because it sounds so impossible! Instead I'm thinking about my favourite skirt which I haven't been able to get in for nearly a year now, an inch or so off my waist sounds much more doable for a first step.

Hi Elly and welcome to both Minimins and WeMitts!
This forum is amazing for support and encouragement, you have chosen well.

Try not to think about needing to lose 9 stone, it's an overwhelming task (I know... I more than that to lose) instead break it up into smaller, more achievable targets, I do "get down into the next stone bracket" but inch loss is also a really great target.

Good luck with your weight loss.

~Silence~

Hi Elly, you're most certainly not alone hun. I find coming on here and having a rant when i'm having a bad day a great help......or if you're tempted to reach for the chocolate come on and find something to play on the arcade and take your mind off of the craving. I'm sure you'll find lots of support here. Good luck with the weight loss. xx

Hi and welcome. Are you still thinking about DietChef or have you ordered some? There is a section for DC where you can support and encourage each other.

Good luck
Irene xx

Thanks for the welcomes. It's nice to know there are other people in the same boat (not the "I know how you feel, I need to lose half a stone" brigade!) and doing so well. Congratulations to you all on your losses so far. As Monday is D Day for me hopefully by this time next week I'll be able to post my first loss. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for letting me know about the DC topic Irene - will be nice to hear from people doing the same.

Back