Hello all. It's time for a new start.

Ionisis

Hello all.

I'd like to introduce myself to you all, after reading some of your stories, journeys and sucessess i feel it's only right to share some of my own.

Eight years ago i joined Weight Watchers. I was depressed, overweight and constantly ashamed of my reflection. During my time with Weight Watchers i reached my target weight, i even managed to go a few pounds under. I recieved my golden key and i was on top of the world. I was so proud of my accomplishment and i loved my new wardrobe. That was then.

The last year has been the worst year of my life. I've had stress at every turn. Finances have been horrendous and to be totally frank, i ate only when i could afford to and only what was cheap. My waistline ballooned. Not eating one day and gorging the next when i had the money to get food. It became a vicious cycle. I was so afraid of running out of money and starving that as soon as i had money i binge ate all i could. Depression set in. Eventually none of my clothes fit and i just didn't have the money to replace them. I reached such a low that i lost all motivation to even be active. Spending upwards of 10-12 hours sleeping a day and my time awake sat on a sofa watching tv or at my computer. all the while my waistline suffered along with my mood. That was then...this is now.

There's now big bright light at the end of this tunnel. I've just turned 30. My boyfriend still loves me for who i am and not what i look like. I'm moving to my new apartment in 10 days and im over the moon about the corner that's been turned financially and i love feeling stable in that aspect of my life. Now i need to start working on the new me and find that confident girl i remember.
I would love to join Weight Watchers again, but since i now live in Denmark and don't speak the language i don't find myself drawn to that path as the meetings used to be my favourite part. Instead i want to join this community and read your stories, share mine and draw inspiration and motivation from you.
I've decided to start eating healty now and adding excersise to my daily routing now, even though moving is stressful i need to make a start now, delaying these changes for any reason just feels like an excuse.

Thank you for taking the time to read this intro. It's probably more information than you wanted and in all honesty it's there more for my sake to remind me how i got to this place and why i need to make significant changes.

Ionisis- Overweight, but finally ready to make changes.

Back