Hello All - Sundodgers food diary

Todays meals:-

B - Two eggs scrambled with a touch of black pepper.
L - Tin of sardines in tomato sauce (3g of carbs) with rocket salad and a few radishes.
D - Half a tin of Morrisons Best of Lobster Bisque (8g of carbs)

I'm not sure about carbs in the rest of the bits, I'm hoping that I have managed to get at least under 20g of carbs total.

That's good going Sundodger, well done.

If you want a good reference book for carbs there is a little pocket size book by Collins which only costs a few pence - literally! - and it gives a breakdown of carbs, fibre, calories, protein and fat for a large variety of foods. I bought mine on-line and it has been such a great help.

All the best for the future.

Collins Gem Carb Counter book and a packet of Ketosticks ordered - let the Carb avoidance begin in earnest!

Only problem, eldest sons 10th Birthday next week and I have promised to make him a chocolate cake - two of my favourite things, chocolate and cake :) I'm sure it won't be an issue, I'll have to employ my other two to test the mix and icing for the correct chocolatieness.......

Todays meals have been a bit boring:-

B - One egg omelette.
L - Half tin of Lobster Bisque from Morrisons (8g carbs).
D - Vegetable stirfry (3g carbs) with white crab meat and tuna.

Another good day for the carbs, even managed a bit of cycling and an hour down the gym running on a treadmill (did the same yesterday as well).

Back to the gym tomorrow and shopping for the weeks healthy(ish) foods.

Todays meal:-

B - Bad again today, no breakfast as I had too much to do before I left for work.....
L - Mackeral in chilli dressing (no carbs), some watermelon, raspberry and cranberry jelly (1.7g of carbs and less than 10 calories).
D - Pork loin steak with rocket leaf salad.

I have a lovely rump steak for tomorrow night, I thought I'd treat myself.

Todays meals have been:-

B - About 60g of fresh raspberries.
L - Chicken and mixed leaf salad.
D - Nice rump steak with about 100g or bean sprouts (2.4g carbs) and yet more green leafy salad.

Checked a Ketostick tonight and it showed as the third darkest colour - so all is reasonably well.

Collins Gem Carb Checker arrived today as well, so I have been looking through it and surprising myself with the stuff I thought was okay to eat but now know they are surprisingly high in carbs!!!

Got weighed at lunchtime, thats another four pounds off - plenty more to go though!

Went to the gym expecting a spinning class and ended up doing boxing circuits instead for forty five minutes.

Todays menu consisted of:-

B - About 60-70g of mixed berries (about 3g)
L - Small bit of leaf salad with one slice of ham, some smoked salmon and a small slice of cheese - this is about as close to a ploughmans as I can get! A jelly pot (1.7g carbs)
D - A handful of spinch and red leaf salad (about 0.7g carbs) and a Dab oven roasted with some mushrooms. Pot of 0% fat greek yoghurt (6.5g carbs).

Todays meals have been :-

B - One Medium Apple (17.4g carbs).
L - Chicken with Rocket Salad.
D - Mushroom Omelette - no milk (1.2g carbs) and spinach and red leaf salad (0.7g carbs).

Still less than 20g of carbs, but a bit close today....

B - Porridge, made with one and a half egg cups of porridge oats and 3 egg cups of water. I'm not sure how many carbs in this, the good book says 9g or carbs in 100g of porridge - I'm guessing at 3.5g.
L - Small bit of galia melon (medium slice is 5.9g) and a tin of mackeral fillets in curry sauce (5g carb).
D - Octopus in more curry sauce (3g carb) and some leafy salad.

Did a spinning class at lunchtime and then 35 minutes of interval training out on the astro turf straight after.

Got my first NSV today as well, one of the phys instructors at work looked at my ID card and said I looked like I've lost loads of weight.....

Todays food :-

B - 2 Scrambled eggs made with about a tablespoon of skimmed milk and a touch of salt and pepper.
L - Half a can of tuna with some mayo and some red leaf salad (about 0.7g carbs)
D - 100g Sliced Ham (1.2g carbs) and half a bag of mixed salad leaves (0.6g carbs)

Todays Exercise:-

Cycled about 4 miles to the gym
35 minutes of interval training on the astro turf
Cycled back home

Total time about an hour.

Hi Emmaline, spinning is basically an aerobic class on a stationary bike - hard work but quite good fun.

Yesterday meals were:-

B - Porridge made up with water.
L - 2 Mini samosas with some leafy salad (some carbs, but not many)
D - Tiny bit of roast lamb with some steamed brocolli and sprouts.

I'll post todays meals later, but they won't be good as its my middles ones birthday today and I've made him pizza and chocolate cake, so diet is being ingnored tonight, but I've been good the rest of the day!

Todays meals have been (poor on the whole):-

B - A few spoons of mixed berries
L - A tin of mackeral in sunflower oil
D - Small piece of homemade pizza and a piece of the birthday cake I made my eldest boy (lots and lots of carbs, whoops).

I'm hoping the four mile run to work and then another four miles home will have counter-acted some of the carbs......

Todays meals have been slightly better than yesterdays.......

B - Porridge made with water
L - Just some green leaf salad (I'm a pleb and forgot to take stuff to work to go with it!!!!)
D - One small pancake with scrambled eggs - probably blown my carb allowance in one fell swoop!

Walk to work today and ran back, hope the insurance doesn't take to long to sort out on my bike.

B - More horrible water based porridge.
L - More green leafy salad - good job I like lettuce.
D - Plain omelette with two small pickled beetroot and 1 chinese rib steak (8g of carbs on that).

Walked to work and back and then town and back, comes to around 12-14 miles(ish).

It is my normal WI day today, but haven't had a chance yet. Using different scales now so I am not expecting any major loses.

Hi Emmaline, I've got about another half a stone to move and then I will slow the diet down a bit. I'm not being deliberately harsh, I just like salad a lot and I tend to go for things that I can prepare easily at work or when I am cooking the food for the rest of the family. I intend to start introducing a bit more normal food back into my diet soon - but still want to avoid spuds, pasta, rice and bread.

Must say you have made me reconsider doing something about cutting back on the carbs. Being diabetic should try a bit harder but just love bread. On this old WW diet am allowed three servings of bread (1oz each)or swop one for pasta or potato but not keen on either of those. Really don't want to lose the bread so guess it will have to be something else - am still investigating the problem. Have always found this carb thing most confusing!!..:confused:

Well done once again, you are a real inspiration!!

Back