Hello all!

oasismark

Hi there peeps!

Found this forum though google, i wanted some support and to chat to fellow dieters (dont like that word).

Help, advice and a chat helps massive when embarking on a journey like weight loss. You need to feel your not alone.

Anyway i'm not massivly overweight, but would like to loose some.

Male
5ft 9
heaviest 13st 10lb (1st Jan 2010)
currently 12st 12lb

i've tried a few diets in my years only to put it back on, my best was doing the atkins for 2 month, i got down to 12st 2lb, but i dont think its sustainable in the long term.

I'm currently about 2 weeks into the Paul McKenna I Can Make You Thin, scheme, and doing well. 10lb lost since xmas, 8 on the Paul McKenna plan.

So hoping to chat to others also trying the Paul McKenna plan.

Good Luck all!

Mark

Last edited:
welcome to minimins x
just wanted to say good luck.
all in the same boat here x

Hi mark,

welcome, and good luck on your plan! Sounds an interesting one!

Hey, welcome to the forum Mark.

What happens with the Paul McKenna plan, how does it work?

4 golden rules

1. When you are hungry eat!

2. Eat what you want, not what you think you should have.

3. Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful

4. When you think you are full, STOP eating.

And thats it!

Its stupidly simple, but if you actually listen to what your body is saying, and stop when you are full, you actually eat far far less amounts of food, and yet still get full up.

No food is off limits either, its like being told the secret of life! If you can break old habits of casual grazing and unconscious eating, and create new habits of eating slower, tasting the food, and stopping when you get full, its a revelation!

Cant recommend it highly enough.

The tough part is just not letting the old habits slip back in.

Mark

Just a quick question, i posted in another section last night, but it said my post needed to be checked by admin.

http://www.minimins.com/all-other-diets/128146-paul-mckenna-3.html

When will this happen?

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum :D good luck on your weightloss journey the Paul McKenna plan sounds interesting though doubt it work for a lot of over weight people if they knew how to listen when the body was saying its full lol they wouldn't be over weight in the first place.

the Paul McKenna plan sounds interesting though doubt it work for a lot of over weight people if they knew how to listen when the body was saying its full lol they wouldn't be over weight in the first place.

You'd be surprised!

An interesting point Paul makes out in his book is, overweight and certainly obese people, seam to spend all the time thinking about food, except when they are eating it!

How many times have you eaten a chocolate bar whilst watching tv or reading the paper, then to notice its gone, and you think 'i cant remember actually eating every bite of that!'

I know i certainly have, watching tv is the worst for it.

But yes i understand its not for everyone, its claims to have a 70% success rate though, and its certainly working for me.
I'm shocking myself at what food i'm leaving.

I had a mars bar in my bag for 2 days the other day!!

Had half last night, half!! Normally i'd have eaten it cos it was there whilst reading the newspaper, then not even remembered eating or tasting it.

I think its a good attitude to have, and even people following their plans can still do it aswell, in order to help them keep on it.

Back