Hello and questions!

ClaireLR

Hi everyone,

wel I started slimming world today after weigh in last night. I was doing the Cambridge diet but need a break from that for a bit.

I was wondering if someone coulod help me, been shopping today and couldnt find frylight so i bought flora spray, this is an aerosol spray not a pump like frylight, does anyone know how many syns this would be please?

Also, ive recently seen a recipe for syn free ice cream involving yoghurt and fromage frais (I think), not sure if this was on the net or in a magazine but ive googled it and cant find anything, does anyone have the recipe please?

Thanks!

I don't have the recipe but have you signed up for lifeline online, the slimming world website? There are loads of recipes on there.

Welcome x

Hope this helps.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Flora Sunflower Oil Cooking Spray 7.5ml serving[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 2 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 2 Syns
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

I get mine from Tesco! I also use their Salad light, it's a syn free salad dressing i like the balsamic one best!

Got this from the website

Chill out this summer with this fantastically-fruity low-Syn dessert!
Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
1½ Syns on Green and Original
Preparation time:
approx 10 minutes plus freezing

subtitle_ingredients.gif
567g/1lb 4oz strawberries
200g pot Strawberry Müllerlight Yogurt
A few drops vanilla essence
2 x 200g pots Vanilla Müllerlight Yogurt
2 tbsp artificial sweetener

subtitle_method.gif
1. Finely chop 198g/7oz of the strawberries, place in a bowl with the strawberry yogurt and vanilla essence and stir to combine.
2. Add the vanilla yogurt and, using a metal spoon gently ripple the vanilla yogurt through the strawberry mixture. Spoon into four individual moulds, being careful to maintain the ripple effect, and freeze until solid.
3. Dip the moulds in hot water for a few seconds, turn out onto four plates and stand at room temperature until soft enough to eat. Meanwhile, place the sweetener and most of the remaining strawberries in a food processor and blend. Serve the frozen yogurt with the strawberry puree, garnished with the remaining strawberries.
Freeze
This recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months

Or

what's your flavour?

If you haven’t tried our fabulous Free ice cream yet – now’s the time, especially with lots of new yogurt flavours around to experiment with!
  • Stir 2 x 200g pots of Müllerlight (or other Free) yogurts and 1 x 500g pot very low fat natural fromage frais together, sweeten to taste with artificial sweetener and pop in a freezer-proof tub.
  • Place in the freezer and lightly whip approximately every 30 minutes to break down any ice crystals that are forming.
  • Your ice cream should be ready in a couple of hours
  • For a deliciously different ice cream flavour, apple pie or strawberry cheesecake varieties of Müllerlight taste great and add only 1 Syn per 200g pot.
  • Don’t forget – because all the ingredients are Free, it doesn’t matter how often you lick the spoon!
There are no end of flavours you can make using this simple ice cream recipe – here are some of our personal favourites:

• tremendous toffee crunch - made with 1 Toffee and 1 Vanilla Müllerlight yogurt, swirled together before popping into the freezer. A mini bag of (crushed) Maltesers adds extra crunch and makes the whole dessert a delicious 5½ Syns!
  • fruity peach melba – use a peach yogurt together with fresh, chopped peach and a handful of fresh or frozen raspberries to make this simple ice cream into a fabulously Free dessert!
  • hokey pokey – use two vanilla yogurts, add a tablespoon of runny honey and serve with a treat-size Crunchie bar crumbled on top! This fabulously indulgent pud is 7 Syns in total and if you’re feeling generous will serve 2-4 people!
  • Black forest – use two cherryflavour Müllerlight yogurts, and grate a 15g mini bar of Green & Black's dark chocolate into the mixture for 4 Syns in total!
  • For a sensational summer recipe, try our kiwi sorbet – quick and easy to make, and at just 1 Syn per portion it’s a delicious way to keep cool!

I made the mistake of buying the Flora spray and didn't find out til afterwards about the syn value! I don't use it since I found out, it's just that Asda don't stock Frylight at the moment, but you can get it from all the other supermarkets.

Annette x

I think I'll have to pop to morrisons tomorrow or Sat and get the fry light. I did use the flora yesterday, just a small spray and counted 2 syns as above.

Bumpy - that recipe was the one I was looking for!!! Thanks, just out of interest where did you get it from? It's worded exactly the same as I remember so must be from the same place!

Off the SW website

Ive just made the toffee ice-cream Bumpy0 - will let you know what its like later on xxx

I made the ice-cream with a toffee muller light - but mine was yaky! I obviously didnt stir it well enough at the intervals cos it just went rock hard with ice lumps in! xxx

yuk! ive done the same hun,
it was like ice ........your meant to use fromage frais but it still tastes like poooooooo

Lol
Ruthy xxx

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO forgot to say! welcome to the forum
Ruthy xxx

I added fromage frais too - but like you say it was just a block of ice! xxx

Yuk BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WANTED ICE CREAM!
Ruthy xxx

Back