Hello ... and thank you

Zebs07

Dance the positive spin..
Hi there

I started refeed on Monday this week (now on Day 4) and would like to thank those who have posted their refeed diaries on here (I only wish I'd found this site when i started TFR).

Anyway ... rambling (sorry I tend to do that lol)

I had a couple of blips recently (one for three days and one for six days) and was horrified to find that basically I put on a pound a day.

Although this weight dropped straight back off and I know from the paperwork that it was due to my not refeeding properly and my stores etc etc, I developed a serious amount of doubt about whether refeeding properly would actually make a difference and became terrified that when I stopped TFR, the weight would instantly pile back on, no matter what...

To cut a long story short, I decided to refeed properly now: (1) I want to set my mind at rest about refeeding and (2) I need to be sure that I can maintain before going back on TFR.

I then aim to lose the rest in manageable (for me) chunks - I am in no desperate rush and feel this way would work better for me in the long run.

Anyway ... sorry, rambling again - so much for cutting a long story short.

.... I was para to a huge degree about doing it right and these diaries have been a godsend. I have practically copied some of the meals ingredient by ingredient, and, so far so good.

SO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ...

PS: How do you put that bit at the end of your message detailing your losses etc - I tried to set it within my 'signature' but da compoooter said NO ...!

Hiya Zebs! And Welcome!!!!

Well done on your loss so far! And for doing it with no support - except presumably your pharmacist! I don't think I could have done it without this site. You can always find someone feeling just like you are - it's much less isolating.
At least now you know that if you do continue to use LT you have somewhere to come. Apart from the support it whiles away the hours - especially for me in the evenings when I otherwise might have been chewing my own arm off :)

I couldn't have done what you're planning - stopping and starting wouldn't have done it for me - but each to their own ... I knew I could maintain - I've spent many a diet doing just that ;). So decided that a few months of LT and I could practice that maintaining a few stones lighter. There really isn't any mystery or magic to it. You just spend a little time discovering how much you can 'get away with' before gaining and compensate for days when you go over that.

I'm just 4 months into the maintenance stage and I'm not saying it's easy ... it's simple ... but it's not easy (bit like LT really ;)) But ultimately it's where we're all headed, where we all want to be and we have to get on with it and find the best way for us.

It makes sense that you gained 1lb a day when you broke the LT plan - that won't happen with refeeding properly. You'll find that out now and hopefully will be able to continue with renewed confidence. I don't mean to sound simplistic but maintaining IS simple maths - it's the head stuff that gets in the way!!

Good Luck with what you're doing, I know you'll see that it CAN be done!

Regarding the signature - the more posts you have the more privileges you receive. Once you're up to 50 you get a lot more space in the signature etc. You can increase your number of posts quickly by going to the chit chat forum and playing some of the games - that's what I did!

All the best! xx

Thank you so much for your lovely reply - you are so right in what you say about the 'head' stuff - very well put.
Thanks again ... and hopefully speak soon x

Nothing else to add to what Jan has said - good luck though, and feel free to ask anything here, we are all here to help each other.

You're very welcome.

Wow! You got those posts up over 50 quickly! :) x

(BTW - Thanks for the reps whoever you are :) x)

Back