Hello Everyone

Hi all
I started lighter life total a week ago.
I previously had success with CD in the run up to my wedding (hence the username) since then I've gained 2 beautiful children :family2: and all the weight back with interest. I have had numerous failed attempts at doing a vlcd on my own (exante/slim and save) and realise I need (a) the accountability of a weekly weigh in, and (b) the head work doing to end the vicious cycle of binge/starve and address my relationship with food. I refuse to be fat and forty. (2013). At the moment I feel in control for the first time in avery long time and positive although somewhat daunted about how long I'm going to need to do this for even though I know the real battle is maintenance therafter - yikes. Sorry this sounds like a diary entry - bit of a rambler. Anyway just to say Hi :wave_cry:and thanks to all of your for the inspiration - some of you are AMAZING and I hope I can stick to it this time and really learn how to manage my addiction and emulate your success stories. I'm not sure where I want to get to - the last weight I can remember being happy at was 13st something and around a size16 so my preliminary goal is to lose 5 stone and then reassess.

P.S can anyone tell me where the inspiration slideshow has gone?

Last edited:
Hi there - I have just joined LL for the same reasons, lost 4 stone on Cambridge 3 years ago, then gained 2 and lost 2 last year on Exante. This year its all back on plus interest, so I need the discipline of a weekly weigh in and the counselling to address my issues - I hope. I am on day 2, so chugging loads of water and hoping the headaches stay away and that this time I dont just stop when I get to a size I am comfy with but I have the strength and resolve to deal with it once and for all. I am going for a BMI of 24 this time. Good luck with your LL journey. How are you finding the meals, I think they are nicer than exante, more variety?

Can I just ask why have you gone from Cambridge to lighter life? Isn't Cambridge cheaper? Just curious :) good luck on your weight loss journey's x

Perhaps they want the counselling which comes with LL. If you get a good counsellor it can make all the difference for keeping the weight off.

Cambridge has consultants which are one to one basis and are free, am I wrong in thinking you pay to sit a LL meeting? Just asking!

I joined LL as although Camb was cheaper, the consultant I met was useless and only interested in selling stuff to me. (realise there are good ones though) I'm 4 weeks and 25lbs down, and yes the group sessions are fairly relaxed I'm starting to really appreciate having people to talk to who are in the same boat as me :)

The lighter life price includes group therapy - not just a weight loss meeting but one which includes CBT and TA therapy techniques to look at your relationship with food. That's why LL is more expensive.

answer tp queries and update

Hi All
In response to query - yes CD is cheaper but does not include the type of counselling that I feel will help me most - whereas LL includes this and I feel will be key in the future.
Lost 20lbs in first 3 weeks - so far so good :)

Sorry only just seen this - in response to why I have gone for Lighterlife (the most expensive VLCD) as opposed to Cambridge or Exante is the discipline of a weekly weigh in and the counselling group sessions. So far 3 weeks done, have lost a stone, and have my weigh in tonight hoping for another 4lb loss. Feeling really good. Good luck to everyone x

Back