Hello fasting!!

I think you should all come over too, it'll be nice to have some more newbies like me as well as the more experienced fasters. I was toying with the idea of fasting then I read Weebuns diary and it made my mind up. I don't feel like I'm on a 'diet', even on fast days. I know I'm only a week in but it seems a good plan and one that I can do when I get to goal to maintain. I had success with WW before I got pregnant and lost two stone but I don't want to be weighing and counting points for the rest of my life.

First fast day of the week today. Plan is to have the rest of my skinny soup from Friday (150cals) then I've got a chicken in the slow cooker so will be having that with salad. Tom has his with rice too but would rather use my calories on the chicken. Then two cups of tea and two satsumas should take me to around 500 once I've weighed the chicken tonight.

Oh and I've done Cambridge and Slim & Save and both made me sick and lethargic too. I did them before I had Cole but I have no idea how people do them consistently with a baby, I felt dizzy quite a lot on it.

I think you should all come over too, it'll be nice to have some more newbies like me as well as the more experienced fasters. I was toying with the idea of fasting then I read Weebuns diary and it made my mind up. I don't feel like I'm on a 'diet', even on fast days. I know I'm only a week in but it seems a good plan and one that I can do when I get to goal to maintain. I had success with WW before I got pregnant and lost two stone but I don't want to be weighing and counting points for the rest of my life.

First fast day of the week today. Plan is to have the rest of my skinny soup from Friday (150cals) then I've got a chicken in the slow cooker so will be having that with salad. Tom has his with rice too but would rather use my calories on the chicken. Then two cups of tea and two satsumas should take me to around 500 once I've weighed the chicken tonight.
am I glad I read your diary this morning Sarah. Already I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders. Yesterday I stayed home alone cuz I couldn't trust myself to go out with friends without eating. It's driving me nuts. My BF is moaning at me plus his avoiding me as I can't chill out since Christmas I fill crap.

I so so think this plan will suit me mentally lol fast days I can cope with I know I can. :) as you said planning should work twice a week. Xx thanks Sarah

I done exante in 2013 then reduced from 3 packs to 2 packs n a low carb meal then 1 pack and 2 low carb meals then low carbed for 2 weeks before realising I'd have to carb it so had a carb weekend then started 5:2 on 30th sept 2013. I've never looked back. I hit goal in December 2013 and have mainly used 5:2 along with exercise to maintain as my weekends are really quite indulgent. Have now reset my goal a bit lower so am now using it to get there.

It really is an amazing way of life. I'd never look at another diet again xxx

Thanks Carrie. I don't eat carbs maybe twice a month as I have IBS that's a high cause for me so I just stay away from it all together as my IBS is so painful some months I take movicol from the doctors.

Im excited now to final start next Monday. I might even be able to enjoy myself again lol

thanks ladies xx

am I glad I read your diary this morning Sarah. Already I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders. Yesterday I stayed home alone cuz I couldn't trust myself to go out with friends without eating. It's driving me nuts. My BF is moaning at me plus his avoiding me as I can't chill out since Christmas I fill crap. I so so think this plan will suit me mentally lol fast days I can cope with I know I can. :) as you said planning should work twice a week. Xx thanks Sarah
Yeah I kind of knew it was too much this week when I couldn't find the motivation to work (I love my job), I started youtubing old biggest loser episodes (obsess much!) and I was pleased when my youngest was poorly and I didn't have to go out on Fri...I hardly ever go out and wanted to go out but didn't want to explain the diet to anyone!

I done exante in 2013 then reduced from 3 packs to 2 packs n a low carb meal then 1 pack and 2 low carb meals then low carbed for 2 weeks before realising I'd have to carb it so had a carb weekend then started 5:2 on 30th sept 2013. I've never looked back. I hit goal in December 2013 and have mainly used 5:2 along with exercise to maintain as my weekends are really quite indulgent. Have now reset my goal a bit lower so am now using it to get there. It really is an amazing way of life. I'd never look at another diet again xxx
how much did you lose by fasting? I'm worried that I'm nowhere near my goal...

I lost around a stone but, and this is a huge but there is others that have lost tonnes on fasting alone. Weebuns, Lexie to name a few. I just wanted you to know the transition process I used. Were always sooo fearful of carb/glycogen gain after a vlcd. It's inevitable. The quicker we realise were gonna see a gain the easier it is. I weighed the sat 28th sept at 9.12 then had my carb blow out, started 5:2 and waited 2 full weeks to weigh again and I was 9.13... By 12th dec I was 9st 0.5lbs so don't daily weigh, if you can't cope with little fluctuations, really do t daily weigh. Always weigh after your final fast of the week and with coming off a vlcd I'd give your glycogen stores time to refill and stabilise... That's why I have it 2 full weeks xxx

Sorry Sarah! Didn't mean to hijack your thread...you have done amazingly well! You're inspiring us to give it a try :)

Sorry Sarah! Didn't mean to hijack your thread...you have done amazingly well! You're inspiring us to give it a try :)
Me tooooo sorry Sarah x

Dietninja s not u a PM instead x

I lost around a stone but, and this is a huge but there is others that have lost tonnes on fasting alone. Weebuns, Lexie to name a few. I just wanted you to know the transition process I used. Were always sooo fearful of carb/glycogen gain after a vlcd. It's inevitable. The quicker we realise were gonna see a gain the easier it is. I weighed the sat 28th sept at 9.12 then had my carb blow out, started 5:2 and waited 2 full weeks to weigh again and I was 9.13... By 12th dec I was 9st 0.5lbs so don't daily weigh, if you can't cope with little fluctuations, really do t daily weigh. Always weigh after your final fast of the week and with coming off a vlcd I'd give your glycogen stores time to refill and stabilise... That's why I have it 2 full weeks xxx

great advice carrie I have taken it all in. Jeez I bet I will gain now lol. X

am I glad I read your diary this morning Sarah. Already I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders. Yesterday I stayed home alone cuz I couldn't trust myself to go out with friends without eating. It's driving me nuts. My BF is moaning at me plus his avoiding me as I can't chill out since Christmas I fill crap. I so so think this plan will suit me mentally lol fast days I can cope with I know I can. :) as you said planning should work twice a week. Xx thanks Sarah

I felt the same after I read Weebuns diary, never felt as motivated. I just think today I'm fasting so I'll be hungry but tomorrow I can eat 'normally' so what's 24 hours? Will you be doing a diary?x

Hijack away!! It's nice to have other people along for the ride :) x

And of course a massive welldone to you Sarah! That's a fantastic loss xxx

Good luck with today's fast :) x

I'm glad you're posting again .. I was a silent subscriber on your TTC diary :) xx

I'm glad you're posting again .. I was a silent subscriber on your TTC diary :) xx

Crikey, bet I did your head in with all my ramblings ;) xx

Back