Hello fellow Exante-ites

After trawling around Tesco with my OH for his food shopping came home and made him a homemade cottage pie, (Big challenge as it is my favourite comfort food of all time and as usual I made enough to feed the street!) surprisingly I loved doing it.
I've actually started to make my soup in a saucepan now. I make it up with enough cold water to make a paste and then add the rest very slowly as if I was making a sauce. I then heat this until hot. It feels as though I'm actually cooking something, it eliminates the need to whisk it and at the end it looks more like soup. :D
My treat today was a medium black decaff in Costa Coffee ;)

Love Myr xxx
p.s I could actually reach to cut my own toenails today. :)

Funny you should say that ( I'm much happier today btw)
i bent over to check the temperature ofmy bath, and there is less spare tyre getting in the way

I made the mistake of having a proper coffee in Costa today, while hiding from the rain with a book.

Spent the rest of the afternoon a bit spaced out. Not doing that again...

And my OH, if he was here, would have to fend for himself. You all have a far better constitution than I...

Ooh Miss D is that profile pic new ? very foxy ! I am not down with the cooking every night thing either. It's just me and the old man, most of the time. He is a dab hand at opening a bag of salad and boiling up a bit of pasta. Ocassionally, when he has been very good and I am feeling super human, I cook up a storm, and a large cottage pie and veg lasagne, then portion it out into single serving plastic containers and freeze. Then he has a couple a weeks worth of home cooked healthy and hearty meals and I don't have to chop or shop .

I an so jealous of those of you who don't need to cook. I've got five kids and hubby so no chance of escape for me. I would save so much time. No need to shop twice a week (not enough storage space for a full weeks shopping for 6/7!) no cooking and most importantly, hardly any washing up.(roll on summer when i'm getting a new kitchen with dishwasher. Anyway, this morning is my me vine sitting in the car on internet and reading my book whilst my son is playing football. Gotta grab these moments! Good luck for the week ahead everyone.

Ooh Miss D is that profile pic new ? very foxy ! I am not down with the cooking every night thing either. It's just me and the old man, most of the time. He is a dab hand at opening a bag of salad and boiling up a bit of pasta. Ocassionally, when he has been very good and I am feeling super human, I cook up a storm, and a large cottage pie and veg lasagne, then portion it out into single serving plastic containers and freeze. Then he has a couple a weeks worth of home cooked healthy and hearty meals and I don't have to chop or shop .

Thankyou :D

It' a profile pic I use on another website so I robbed it back and put it to good use! Have had the opportunity to have had some decent photos by professionals in the past 18 months (much recommended, whatever anyone thinks of their current shape), got a different one by someone else in my facebook profile. (the black and white one in my 'before' gallery.)

I was so impressed with the lady who took the facebook photo I've booked for my wedding! (She's also a lovely lady who has recently started CD - must email her to see how she's getting on...)

Well mixed emotions today :cry:

Yesterday was day 14 and when I left work last night I felt really quite peculiar. I managed to walk to my car and sat in it for 10 mins or so hoping that I would feel alright to drive. Eventually I had to phone the OH and he had to drive the 13 miles to where I was. Called 999 and a paramedic arrived. My BP was right up and my heartrate was fast and irregular. (I do take medication for high BP.) Anyhow after another 20-30 mins I appeared to be a lot better and they suggested that I go home with OH, leave the car and see my GP this morn.
Got home went straight to bed and OH made me a shake.

This morn went to the surgery, BP was OK. Blood sugar was 6.2mmol/l (an hour after my soup for breakfast - yes I know but I'm a bit OCD I think and as he made me a shake last night instead of soup, I needed to do 2 soups today.:sigh: )

So Dr took some bloods and I have to go back next Friday. She did think that I may have had a hypo episode and this apparently may cause BP to rise. And I worked out that I had actually gone 8 hrs between breakfast and bar (because I lost track of time and with no hunger prompt I actually forgot!)
She has given me permission to keep on it for now and I do hope that I can continue or at worst only have to move up to WS.....

The good part of today is that it was wk 2 weigh-in and 13lbs lost in total.

Love Myr xxx

Oooh crikey! no-one needs that. How worrying. But glad the doc is on your side, and if they suggest WS or some other, it'll be for a good reason, and at least you're a stone less, which is a huge step forward.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Hope the tests come back OK on friday. :)

Yeah, sounds like a scary experience. :(

Glad you have come through it OK and fingers crossed for a positive result with the bloods. :cross:

Ooooooo Myr, sounds really scary, just hope your results are good. Your doctor sounds like a fairly sensible type and you are quite lucky there. Maybe you need to set your phone with an alarm to remind you to eat? Hugs to you.
Bren xx

Hi Myr,

good luck for results today.

Hi Bren,

what a really good tip about setting your mobile phone alarm.

Shaz x

Bless you Shaz :)
Although it is next Friday I go not today ;)

Feel a lot better today too. Perhaps it just took my body a little longer to get used to all this.
I'm begining to think that it was just that my blood sugar dipped and because I'd never experienced that feeling before it set off a bit of a panic attack and that is what triggered the palpitations and high blood pressure. I will just try to be more careful in the future.

Love Myr xxx

Glad to hear you are feeling better Myr.

Cheers Shaz, think it shows what an anorak I am though!

Bren xx

Hi myr. Only just seen this. Sorry you were feeling so bad, hope it was a one off and that you're keeping to regular meal times. Hope it all goes ok with the bloods. Good luck.

I am pleased to report that my blood results were all normal and I can happily continue on Total Solution with my GP's blessing.
:party0049::party0038::party0038::party0049:

Love Myr xxx

Good to hear that. Hope its all plain sailing from now on.

That's excellent news! just a bit of a blip, then.

Cool. And long may the normalness continue :)

Yes, I am well chuffed that my only health issue currently is that I am morbidly obese. ( And I am addressing that and in control :D)

Bren, we are very lucky with our GP - She is a single doctor practice and is so laid back she is horizontal - lol
TBH I believe that I understand more about VLCD's than she does and have her trust that I would not embark on anything that was detrimental to my health.

Love Myr xxx

Back