Hello from a newbie

Discussion in 'Harcombe Diet' started by Lyds81, 14 February 2013 Social URL.

1. Lyds81

Lyds81 Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers- smart points
    Hi all,
    I've spent most of this evening reading up on the Harcombe diet. I've tried so many diets and always put on what I've lost plus a bit extra. I've decided to give this a go. I'm going out tomorrow night for a pals b'day so I've decided to hold off until Monday. I've downloaded the book on to my kindle so I'll be reading that beforehand so I can be prepared.

I'm feeling quite enthusiastic about getting started, hopefully coming on here will provide me with an extra boost.

Lyd

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Rkmriddell

Rkmriddell Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Lyd. Good luck with your start x

4. Rkmriddell

Rkmriddell Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How are you getting on? X

5. Lyds81

Lyds81 Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers- smart points
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I haven't actually started yet, I wanted to read the book to the point where I knew what I needed for phase 1. I'm going to asda in a bit with my list so I'm armed for the morning.

I do have a problem though, Sunday we are having a family get together. We haven't seen my brother for a year and we are going for a meal. Sunday will be my 5th day. I'm going to try to have plain meat and veg but am worried about how things are cooked and after 4 days on phase 1 am I going to be able to resist the call of the dessert menu, eekkkk.

xxx

6. Rkmriddell

Rkmriddell Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wouldn't worry too much about how they're cooked as fats are ok!! Especially if you're having a fat meal. Make sure you have a good fill, you'll probably find you're nicely full and less tempted by day 5 anyway but if not then have a desert, just make sure it's only that desert. That's where a lot of us (me especially) go wrong. One bad choice can lead to one bad week!